Thread: Ron Paul Campaign Announces Addition of New Policy Advisors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ron Paul Campaign Announces Addition of New Policy Advisors

Bandow & Pena used to be with CATO. I love it!

Doug Bandow, Charles Peña and Philip Giraldi bolster foreign policy team

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today, the Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign is announcing the appointment of three new policy advisors. Doug Bandow has been appointed policy advisor to the campaign, while Charles Peña and Philip Giraldi have been named as foreign policy advisors.

Doug Bandow is a political writer and the Robert A. Taft Fellow with the American Conservative Defense Alliance. He has been widely published in leading newspapers and periodicals, and is the author of several books – including, most recently, Foreign Follies. Mr. Bandow served as a special assistant to President Ronald Reagan and as a senior policy analyst in the 1980 Reagan for President campaign.

Charles V. Peña is a senior fellow at the Independent Institute, a senior fellow with the Coalition for a Realistic Foreign Policy, a senior fellow with the George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute, and an adviser to the Straus Military Reform Project. Mr. Peña is the author of Winning the Un-War: A New Strategy for the War on Terrorism.

Philip Giraldi is a former officer of the Central Intelligence Agency who writes regularly on intelligence and foreign policy issues. Mr. Giraldi is a partner in an international security consultancy Cannistraro Associates, a contributing editor at The American Conservative magazine and a fellow at the American Conservative Defense Alliance.

To schedule an interview with Doug Bandow, Charles Peña, or Philip Giraldi please contact the campaign at 703-248-9115.

Organizations are listed for identification purposes only.
    DEMOCRATS + REPUBLICANS = 1 PARTY FOR BIG GOVERNMENT

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has added 5 new people to the campaign in the last two weeks, AFTER the majority of early primaries is over and people say Iam nuts when I state that Ron Paul is going to run 3rd party.
    Next Moneybomb:
    Constitution Day Moneybomb, Sep 17th!

Moneybomb Calendar:
    Sept. 17th - Constitution Day Moneybomb
    Oct. 19th -
    Black THIS Out!! Moneybomb
    Nov 11th - Veterans Day Moneybomb
    Dec 16th - Tea Party Moneybomb

Quote Originally Posted by mtmedlin View Post
    He has added 5 new people to the campaign in the last two weeks, AFTER the majority of early primaries is over and people say Iam nuts when I state that Ron Paul is going to run 3rd party.

Trust me... You are.

Ron Paul's strategy is not to run third party. There are some underpinning going on that the campaign isn't sharing with the nation, but it requires them to run for the Republican nomination in order for it to work. A lot of people are starting to pick up on the strategy. You can find it if you read between the lines of the emails that he sends.

Ron Paul is not going to run in a 3rd party, and if he does, it won't happen until after September - or the framework that he's put together will completely collapse.

If you have his emails, read through them again carefully, and pay attention to what he says specifically where it comes to the national convention.

Ron Paul is not planning on a 3rd party run.

3rd Party

I don't disagree with you, but let's not be so quick to discount what people say

Yes, you are nuts to use defeatist talk. Ron Paul will not be running third party. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim724 View Post
    Just wondering, do these people get paid much (or anything at all) out of the campaign funds?

What is the strategy behind hiring high profile advisors right now?

I'm not trying to be negative about it, I'm just honestly curious.
    He is assuming the sale. Very simple. Plus he is the only one that is hiring. Others (Huxter) are laying people off and unable to pay their staff. Lends to credibility as to electability as well. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Makes Sense... I'm worried about the Ron Paul CAMPAIGN spending $17.75 MILLION, LAST QUARTER! What the heck did they spend that much money on last quarter?

An incredible amount of money, I didn't see any commercials... that's more spent then like Fred Thompson and Rudy ghouliani combined!

STRATEGIES have always been the problem with this campaign... besides the country being broke, printing money and wars with, guns & butter... where we going with this campaign to effectively communicate and grasp voters?

SPENT $17 3/4 Million LAST Quarter that's awful lot spent in 90 days, wow
    Thats a drop in the bucket, believe it or not. Even though you missed the ads, apparently someone saw them. He took what? Oh yes, second in YOUR state. All because of the advertising you didnt see. And because he spent more then those two combined, who is still in, and who is now out? Think about it...
    Last edited by Feelgood; 02-01-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Just wondering, do these people get paid much (or anything at all) out of the campaign funds?

Credibility.

You've seen them also become talking points in debates. We've seen McCain and Romney mention "who is more Reagan-like" before and talk about former people on Reagans staff working for one over the other and silly stuff like that.

But, in terms of credibility, the main problem with people's views on Dr. Paul is that "Wow, he's crazy" or "He wants to surrender in this war! What is he, a coward?"

Bringing thhese advisors on can both help him to improve his message, possibly fine tune his plan (many liberals feel he has too simplistic of a view on how to benefit the country since he has a very hands-off approach, but they can help to coach him on areas the government should be involved such as encouraging him to talk more about trade and how to encourage things of that nature).

These are very important now in the short term for credibility and long term for helping fine tune his ideas and make them both more acceptable and just overall better plans.

Exclamation

Makes Sense... I'm worried about the Ron Paul CAMPAIGN spending $17.75 MILLION, LAST QUARTER! What the heck did they spend that much money on last quarter?

An incredible amount of money, I didn't see any commercials... that's more spent then like Fred Thompson and Rudy ghouliani combined!

STRATEGIES have always been the problem with this campaign... besides the country being broke, printing money and wars with, guns & butter... where we going with this campaign to effectively communicate and grasp voters?

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When Ron Paul opens a campaign office, he funds it to last the duration of the campaign. He doesn't want to get caught in a situation like Giuliani and Huckabee where people are working for free.

Strategy isn't a problem with this campaign. The strategy that they have in place is brilliant, but they can't account for every factor. Nevertheless, there's a reason why the campaign is ramping up now with advisors. It's not because they plan on exiting the race anytime soon.

I'm sure he was "buying forward," anything he could. Why? For one reason, he may appear more broke to the competition than he really is. For another reason, he may have purchased ad time in bulk for Q1 2008 at a discount.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    I'm sure he was "buying forward," anything he could. Why? For one reason, he may appear more broke to the competition than he really is. For another reason, he may have purchased ad time in bulk for Q1 2008 at a discount.

Yeah I noticed that to. 4.3 million for expenditures on TV??? think those SuperTuesday states are in for a AD blitz like something fierce. Also the Radio. I know he knew better than to try Florida.
    Keep up the good work everyone, we all play a part; the world is watching and we are on stage!

http://www.endthefed.us/

www.dailypaul.com

http://www.prayforpaul.com/prayers.html

www.campaignforliberty.com

they pre-bought Feb 5th and other state Ads like Texas.

trust me it was well spent.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I believe exposure is the prime issue right now, it makes sense from that prospective, if they are going to mount some kind of media blitz.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

OUR GRAVEST threat is the Zionist Occupied U.S. Government, the Zionist Federal Reserve and Zionist media elites.

The dems are in love with taxation, maybe these guys can help him to explain how wasteful the foreign expenditures really are.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

OUR GRAVEST threat is the Zionist Occupied U.S. Government, the Zionist Federal Reserve and Zionist media elites.

Since when does RP need policy advisors?? The guy knows everything.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now if they could get Scheurer too.

Quote Originally Posted by tsopranos View Post
    http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I think his new book is in play here. Release in April. Any way you look at it he's thinking long term. There's a lot of pressure on the right for a 3rd party/indy candidacy. If he has the foundation laid for a strong run then he may get the monetary support he is lacking. IMO this is just a sign that he's keeping all options on the table.