Thread: Got to see the man and shake his hand today.

Got to see the man and shake his hand today.

My son and I went to the Seattle Headquarters today and met Ron Paul. He drove up in Kia minivan and he was with Lew Moore and one other man. He looked tired, but he never slowed in starting at one end of the line to shake our hands.

From there we went over the the UW campus and waited for him at the HUB. There were maybe 500 people there when we got there at about 1:45. He was late it seemed, so around 2:15, my son saw him coming up the stairs from inside the HUB. At that vantage point, Paul could not see if there where any supporters. As he reached the top of the stairs, his eye's opened widely and so did his mouth in unbelief......there were hundreds, maybe 2 to 3k of us waiting, crying, Huge ass signs everywhere.

He was so amazed and so gracious. We had no mike for him, he stood on the steps and gave all of us a great little speech about what he was going to do in Washington for us. It was very cold with a strong wind, He had no coat on other than a suit coat, but he didn't stop or waiver in standing there for 30 minutes with all of us.

The media was there, we shall see what they do. There were lots of talk in the crowd about the danger we are all in after the election. Several were making plans to leave the country if he does not win.

Ron Paul is an amazing man and my son and I were awestruck that we stood before him and shook his hand.......God, bless Ron Paul. I saw no body guards.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    any security there for him?

One cop walked in with them at the campus, and I think it was campus police, nothing at Seattle headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    We had no mike for him, he stood on the steps and gave all of us a great little speech about what he was going to do in Washington for us.
    Fabulous. I would have loved to travel to Seattle from Eastern WA but the passes are so dangerous right now and I am terrified of driving on snow and ice (2 bad weather accidents under my belt already).

What did he say he was going to do for Washington State? Or was he talking about Washington D.C.?

That man works so hard. Hopefully one day I'll get to shake his hand and thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Fabulous. I would have loved to travel to Seattle from Eastern WA but the passes are so dangerous right now and I am terrified of driving on snow and ice (2 bad weather accidents under my belt already).

What did he say he was going to do for Washington State? Or was he talking about Washington D.C.?
    He was talking about DC. He wants to give us back our freedom, both physically and financially.

Thanks for that description, I could see it all: the cold wind, Ron's surprised and humble look.

That's wonderful, it filled my heart to read about all the supporters and how he took a whole 30 minutes to speak with you. That dedication is a sign of a great man.

My son and I went to the Seattle Headquarters today and met Ron Paul. He drove up in Kia minivan and he was with Lew Moore and one other man. He looked tired, but he never slowed in starting at one end of the line to shake our hands.

From there we went over the the UW campus and waited for him at the HUB. There were maybe 500 people there when we got there at about 1:45. He was late it seemed, so around 2:15, my son saw him coming up the stairs from inside the HUB. At that vantage point, Paul could not see if there where any supporters. As he reached the top of the stairs, his eye's opened widely and so did his mouth in unbelief......there were hundreds, maybe 2 to 3k of us waiting, crying, Huge ass signs everywhere.

He was so amazed and so gracious. We had no mike for him, he stood on the steps and gave all of us a great little speech about what he was going to do in Washington for us. It was very cold with a strong wind, He had no coat on other than a suit coat, but he didn't stop or waiver in standing there for 30 minutes with all of us.

The media was there, we shall see what they do. There were lots of talk in the crowd about the danger we are all in after the election. Several were making plans to leave the country if he does not win.

Ron Paul is an amazing man and my son and I were awestruck that we stood before him and shook his hand.......God, bless Ron Paul. I saw no body guards.
    What president died after doing that? Ron Paul needs to take care of himself. (was outside in storm to give a speech)
    My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp.
    -Wedge Talon

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Were his hands soft? Were they well manicured.

Thank you for your account. I have been feeling like I have been beaten up all day. I've cried over how those idiots treated such a respectable, courageous man last night at the debate. It makes me smile that Ron Paul was given a hero's reception today. He deserves it!! This man who has put himself out there for us, only to be mocked and ridiculed by the "establishment" and fellow candidates who aren't worthy to tie his shoes. Again, thank you for that....I needed that image in my mind!

I was wearing gloves, but I can say this, he has very large hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gracebkr View Post
    What president died after doing that? Ron Paul needs to take care of himself. (was outside in storm to give a speech)
    RIP William Henry Harrison. Shortest presidency ever.

his hands are so huge--long fingers. He could probably palm a baby.

He was talking about DC. He wants to give us back our freedom, both physically and financially.
    I half suspected that was the case. I couldn't imagine RP pandering to Washington State by promising us some sort of benefit specifically. Benefits cost $. Freedom is free :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FilleDePaix View Post
    Thanks for that description, I could see it all: the cold wind, Ron's surprised and humble look.

That's wonderful, it filled my heart to read about all the supporters and how he took a whole 30 minutes to speak with you. That dedication is a sign of a great man.

same here....thanku for the description...i can just imagine his cute little face....i love him....hes so adorable
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by colecrowe View Post
    lol good doctor hands, my dad has em too and hes a physician.

But on a side note, Ron Paul with out security...that scares me a little. I fear for his safety sometimes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron is such a great guy... I almost can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by colecrowe View Post
    LOL
    ROFL!!!!!!

I was wearing gloves, but I can say this, he has very large hands
    You need large hands if you are going to throttle tyranny!
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7