Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Request to Forum Members **** Please read

//
    Last edited by Mark; 02-02-2008 at 02:52 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newmedia4ron View Post
    WE MUST STAY CONNECTED IS RIGHT!
    We need to keep our group together regardless of the outcome of the presidential race. To fight for liberty, peace and fiscal responsibility we will need to take political action besides fighting for one campaign.

We need to keep all the Ron Paul supporters from MySpace, Facebook, Youtube, Meetup.com, and the Forums together.

We need a professional all-in-one site for our group:

Mailing List
    Enable visitors to send individual e-mails and faxes to the President, legislators, and other targets as well as Letters-to-the-Editor to various news publications, through the website.
    Tools to organize meetups, rallies, lit drops, canvassing, etc
    Voter Resources
    Social Network Sister Sites
    Blog Network (our own dailykos.com)
    Text Alerts

I just found this helpful guide to online politics
    http://www.epolitics.com/download-online-politics-101/

We don't need to be the leaders of every fight. For instance we can just direct people to ACLU's REAL ID Action Center.

Usually we are going to have to work with liberal groups when fighting for personal liberty and conservative groups when fighting for economic liberty.

Right now we need to get the candidates who claim they are "Ron Paul Republicans" to sign pledges (example - Freedom Pledge)
    Big task - care to get it rolling? That's right alongside with what http://TheFreedomRevolution.com Organization is working on.

I can supply the website tools ect - I'm managing the above website for the new Org - I just don't have the immediate time to devote to all that.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-02-2008 at 02:55 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Big task - care to get it rolling? That's right alongside with what http://TheFreedomRevolution.com Organization is working on.

I can supply the website tools ect - I'm managing the above website for the new Org - I just don't have the immediate time to devote to all that.
    well first I would advise everyone to collect the contact info of your meetup members

I'm also working on too many things at once.
    But we need to filter out the fakes amongst the candidates who claim to be "Ron Paul Republicans"

I'm trying to see what pledges I can send them, I just found this:http://www.atr.org/pledge/national/download.html

I need one for ending the war on drugs, ending the big brother stuff, etc

please post links here

Quote Originally Posted by newmedia4ron View Post
    try to get these people to merge their websites.
    I think we need to make "Ron Paul Republicans" sign oaths/pledges to end the wars, fight real id, cut spending, etc.
    Attempts to "make" individuals be "Republicans" - even "Ron Paul Republicans" - is doomed to fail.

The GOP is, IMO, completely and totally undeserving of my support after their decision to treat Dr. Paul with such disrespect and disdain. Individual candidates are a different matter - I plan to support those candidates who demonstrate support for the freedom message and a rollback of the monster state. Period.

Ron Paul Patriots. No "party" affiliation required.

Doing otherwise - especially requiring "pledges" of "allegiance" to an existing group of filth like the current GOP will alienate many within the diverse "base" that has come together in support of Dr. Paul, and dilution of this base has the potential to destroy the revolution.

JMO, YMMV.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    Attempts to "make" individuals be "Republicans" - even "Ron Paul Republicans" - is doomed to fail.

The GOP is, IMO, completely and totally undeserving of my support after their decision to treat Dr. Paul with such disrespect and disdain. Individual candidates are a different matter - I plan to support those candidates who demonstrate support for the freedom message and a rollback of the monster state. Period.

Ron Paul Patriots. No "party" affiliation required.

Doing otherwise - especially requiring "pledges" of "allegiance" to an existing group of filth like the current GOP will alienate many within the diverse "base" that has come together in support of Dr. Paul, and dilution of this base has the potential to destroy the revolution.

JMO, YMMV.
    I agree, Ron Paul and his platform are much bigger than any one party. I have actually heard talk of one state where a Ron Paul republican and a Ron Paul democrat may be running against eachother (so cool!).

K

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post
    I agree, Ron Paul and his platform are much bigger than any one party. I have actually heard talk of one state where a Ron Paul republican and a Ron Paul democrat may be running against eachother (so cool!).

K
    At some point the goal of this movement must be to distance itself (on the surface!) from Ron Paul.

There are MANY who will never support any platform with his name because the media has unforunately been very effective in getting the masses to believe he is either crazy or a racist or both.

Therefore starting a movement with a brand that is more than just "Ron Paul This" or "Ron Paul That" is imperative.

Also, distancing ourselves from the poltical establishment in general ... no Republican or Democrat ... just Liberty & Freedom ... let people be forced to make decisions on ISSUES and VIRTUES, not simple over-generalizations that don't even hold any relevance. R and D don't even stand for anythin of substantive difference anymore anyhow.

I would say "Peoples Party" if it didn't make me think of China or something!

Never say never.. but always have a backup plan
    "The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so." Josh Billings

Yes, this is a winner. We need sustained, paycheck to paycheck moneybombs for liberty candidates. Senate and House campaigns are far cheaper than presidential races. Local media are harder to manipulate. This plays to our strengths.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    This will happen. In fact (barring a miracle win for RP this year), the movement that emerges from this campaign will turn out to be far more important than the campaign itself.
    I was searching old posts trying to remember where I ordered the cheap pocket constitutions. I keep a stack on the counter to hand out and my supply is running low.

My heart hurts seeing how little progress we've made.

The left caters to the progressive fringe while deriding the far right as dangerous. The GOP does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate K View Post
    I need a lot of attention on this issue because it is the ultimate goal here we all have that I'm about to talk about.

As we all know (most of us do anyhow), Ron Paul is only the beginning of a Revolution, it most certainly doesn't end with him. We have already won this "election" in a way because he has resonated with a lot of people who now are taking part in politics.

Lately we're seeing a lot of people take up the duty of fighting for America by going into politics themselves and running for U.S. Congress. These are just 2 examples of well made websites for 2 liberty runners:

http://sabrinforsenate.com/
    http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/

There are many others who are either about to run or soon TO run, including myself!

So this is my proposal to the people of this forum

I need a well-planned, long term coordination with a large group of people who can develop a group of some sort that keeps tracks of and helps the people who run for any style of government in America with the intent of restoring the Constitution.

I know for a fact, that eventually this will happen at some point. But I want to start the planning now while we still have the camaraderie on this forum. I don't want anyone quitting on the basis of why Ron Paul is running this year.

So if you are a webmaster, a business man, a plumber, a garbage man.. it doesn't matter what you are or who you are, you can contribute to this effort of starting something real so that we can ultimately take back America and restore the Constitution through strategic, long-term planning.

Please join me in this effort. Until we have determined the primary method of contact among us to make this go smoothly, I'll give out all the sources you can reach me at..

Email - silver.bullet@comcast.net
    AIM - NCZ Nate
    Facebook- http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=792880710
    History records that this enthusiastic member eventually gave up and left.
    What can we do to restart the movement today?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12