Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 103

Thread: I began crying.

  1. #1

    Default I began crying.

    Thirty minutes in, I began to cry.

    Hard to pinpoint the particular emotion that brought it on, mostly anger...but it was a feeling of sheer desperation and hopelessness. Like a newborn, I sat watching Ron up there and could do absolutely nothing about it.

    How has he gone on this long without losing his cool?

    Beyond me...



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3

    Default

    Stay strong, young friend. With patience shall we save our souls.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

  5. #4

    Default

    He is a class act. The fact that he doesn't whine about time like Huckabee does is really impressive.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't even a thing nor are capital gains taxes
    Constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

  6. #5
    RPinUptownChi
    Member

    Default

    the squeaky wheel gets oiled, i wish ron would lose the kid gloves...

  7. #6

    Default

    I'm not even old enough to vote and the unfairness of this debate will ruin my day tomorrow

  8. #7

    Default

    I feel for you..... Donate it makes you feel better.

  9. #8

    Default

    I hear and feel you also...I'm so ticked at this whole process it is a shame. This was RP's chance to set himself really apart on issues other than the war...talking about the Federal Reserve doesn't do that...mentioning he never voted for a tax increase(something most people understand), but pointing out Mike Huckabee begged for new taxes, would have been 100% better. Mentioning that RP has never voted for an unbalanced budget, but pointing out that John McCain has, would have been great. Mentioning that RP would follow the Constitution when declaring war, but Romney would consult lawyers would have been great...

  10. #9

    Default

    ok not to sound like a baby but i am crying as well....i feel like we are beaten.....im scared of the future and what these crazies are going to do to us and our children....i have a little brother in iraq....im crushed..........my heart sits very low and heavy in my chest.

    i wish ron paul would have stood up for himself....this could have been his last debate and he didnt say much....
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

  11. #10

    Default

    30 min in My blood pressure went up 50 points. SOS We know it and yet so many look for other reasons why Dr Paul is not doing better. HEAR THIS it is 1984 and we are up against a control machine beyond comprehension!!!!

  12. #11

    Default

    write your thoughts out, what plan do you want to be part of ?

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RPinUptownChi View Post
    the squeaky wheel gets oiled, i wish ron would lose the kid gloves...
    He picks his spots. He did call Fox war propagandists.
    We have allies many of you are not aware of. Watch the tube. Show this to your 30 and under friends. Listen to it. Even if you don't like rap, it has 2.7 million views.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU#t=0m16s

    Cut off one min early to avoid war porn.

  14. #13

    Default

    You are not the only one ... still think what he has to go through this media blackout day in and day out ... we need to be strong.
    What did you DO to help Dr. Paul help you ?!

  15. #14

    Default

    No. I hear you. I absolutely felt the same way. To me, it was when he attempted to answer the earlier question and AC promised to give him the chance. When he was cut off by AC a little bit later....can't even believe it.

    We invest a lot of ourselves into this campaign. It means a lot to us. We work all weekend, canvass, discus with our neighboors. We do this because it is important. This is not something silly thing like rooting for a favorite football team. We are fighting for the very essence of our liberty in the Republic.

    I want so much to be optimistic. To believe that there is good out there. That the "establishment" is not so evil that it would ignore and smirk (a la McClinton) at the message of freedom.

    To see this kind of thing happen before our eyes is tragic.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix

  16. #15

    Default

    I feel ya man. I was so pissed at that circle jerk debate, that I poured an import down the drain. Keep your chin up!

    I'm doing Tai Chi just to get my blood pressure down. Live to fight another day.....that sort of thing. Be strong.

  17. #16

    Default

    Frustration is normal and rational, but completely unproductive.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be."
    Thomas Jefferson

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    He is a class act. The fact that he doesn't whine about time like Huckabee does is really impressive.
    Ron should have and needed to have been more vocal and assertive.
    Huckabee fought for extra time and made it known that he was being marginalized.

    Granted Ron tried once in the beginning but was smacked down by Anderson 'A-hole' Cooper but he should have taken the $#@! to task for it when Anderson promised him time to speak in 2 min and then continued to ignore him for like 15 more.

  19. #18

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulitical Correctness View Post
    Thirty minutes in, I began to cry.

    Hard to pinpoint the particular emotion that brought it on, mostly anger...but it was a feeling of sheer desperation and hopelessness. Like a newborn, I sat watching Ron up there and could do absolutely nothing about it.

    How has he gone on this long without losing his cool?

    Beyond me...
    You weren't alone
    Im still teary eyed.

    Im not giving up but hope is dissolving.
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

    Restore The Republic.Org

    PokeTheEye.ORG

  21. #20

    Default

    Ron got 3.2% in Florida. He's lucky he was in the debate at all. I bet he got way more than 3.2% of the total time. Still he got shafted no doubt about it.

    Whenever he gets shafted we all get shafted and this has been going on since day one. If Ron Paul is our next president it will only get worse. Every day the media will be interviewing members of congress and pundits to tell us what a big mistake we made electing him. Every thing that goes wrong will be the fault of President Paul and nothing that goes right will be credited to his administration. The transition we hope for will be very rocky and it will look like we made a mistake. But if he is not elected everyone will only wonder what happened.

    Except for us. We will know.
    *************************************


    Matthew Chapters 23 + 24

  22. #21

    Default

    Don't cry over it. Seriously.

    Just remember it. Every time someone tells you that the system is fair, take solace in the fact that you know the truth, and others here know it as well.

    Most of all, take everything you see reported by these networks with a grain of salt. If they'd go as far as to try to influence the outcome of a presidential campaign, don't think they aren't manipulating you with their everyday reporting.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulitical Correctness View Post
    How has he gone on this long without losing his cool?

    Beyond me...
    That is what makes him great!
    And I wish if I had his coolness!
    I think they were trying to push him to the limit but Huck took it on himself this time

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    ok not to sound like a baby but i am crying as well....i feel like we are beaten.....im scared of the future and what these crazies are going to do to us and our children....i have a little brother in iraq....im crushed..........my heart sits very low and heavy in my chest.

    i wish ron paul would have stood up for himself....this could have been his last debate and he didnt say much....
    we have the power to change the future. if you feel discouraged, i recommend now that you do what you can do to influence votes in your area. canvassing works.

  25. #24

    Default

    I felt the same way and still do. Now I know the America I grew up believing in is gone. And for all of you $#@!s who call us tinfoil hat wearers for talking about media bias - $#@! you and shut up. The media has always been against and now they are so shameless they don't even try to hide it. Welcome to Amerika.

  26. #25

    Default

    I think a comment asserting that the media had a role to play in who the supposed "front runners" are would have been warranted, with emphasis on the absolute absurd bias they displayed.

    This is likely our last appearance on the national stage, why not take a risk and actually tell the emperor he is naked.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    He is a class act. The fact that he doesn't whine about time like Huckabee does is really impressive.
    QFT. I lose my cool and say he should just leave, he should complain, etc but this only makes matters worse. He is a true gentleman, and this does appeal to alot of people. My dad told me he is voting for him because he seems honest, and because he's such a gentleman.

  28. #27

    Default

    he IS presidential.......

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    He is a class act. The fact that he doesn't whine about time like Huckabee does is really impressive.
    yes, cheer up and realize he is a true gentleman, and that it is soooo obvious to anyone watching that Ron Paul really has good things to say, that he is the best one for president, and that something is very wrong at cnn and others.

  30. #29
    RPinUptownChi
    Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon4Ron View Post
    30 min in My blood pressure went up 50 points. SOS We know it and yet so many look for other reasons why Dr Paul is not doing better. HEAR THIS it is 1984 and we are up against a control machine beyond comprehension!!!!
    its getting to be about time to purchase some body armor and tool up, i will be exercising my 2nd amendment right to the fullest extent when they come for me...

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pedersen View Post
    Ron got 3.2% in Florida. He's lucky he was in the debate at all. I bet he got way more than 3.2% of the total time. Still he got shafted no doubt about it.

    Whenever he gets shafted we all get shafted and this has been going on since day one. If Ron Paul is our next president it will only get worse. Every day the media will be interviewing members of congress and pundits to tell us what a big mistake we made electing him. Every thing that goes wrong will be the fault of President Paul and nothing that goes right will be credited to his administration. The transition we hope for will be very rocky and it will look like we made a mistake. But if he is not elected everyone will only wonder what happened.

    Except for us. We will know.
    It isn't about being fair to Ron Paul. It is about preventing the American people from hearing the message. He has beaten everyone of those men on the stage in one primary or caucus or other - so don't he was lucky he was included.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. How Quakerism Began
    By moostraks in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
  2. Birtherism: Where it all began
    By aGameOfThrones in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
  3. ***Back to where it all began...***
    By jrich4rpaul in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 05:54 AM
  4. Tonight, I began to believe
    By AceGopher in forum S.C. Fox News Debate
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
  5. Where it all began
    By Sematary in forum Philly Rally Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •