Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm thinking... McCain Seems to be Thinking RP as VP is his only chance

So I'm thinking... McCain Seems to be Thinking RP as VP is his only chance

In the general elections.

How do we begin to play this oversight on his part to our advantage?
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't vote for this ticket

sorry

What? Thats absurd.
    Cheers,
    mark...

Quote Originally Posted by Chernitsky View Post
    I wouldn't vote for this ticket

sorry
    i wouldn't either.

read the post and answer the question...

but don't just troll the thread.

What? no chance.

Paul and Romney seem to get on better.
    Ron Paul delivers babies without his hands. He simply reads them the Bill of Rights and they crawl out in anticipation of freedom.

Hell, i'd vote for McCain-Paul....maybe McCain will die in office, BOOM-we're in!

Um Paul wouldn't run with him. Huckabee or some other Southern governor is the clear VP for McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Royksopp View Post
    What? no chance.

Paul and Romney seem to get on better.

I'd vote this also....accidents do happen...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul would never consider being Mccains VP and Mccain would never consider Paul as VP. No one is going to ask Ron Paul to be their VP.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

Id vote for anybody who has RP as his VP.

He would be the leader of the Senate and could spread his constitutional message to the whole floor.
    Help support Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress

My God some of you are delusional. McCain is not very well liked by the conservative base, so you think he gets a guy as a running mate who is hated by a majority of conservatives? LOL! McCain is going to pick someone who pleases the conservative base and that's definitely not Ron Paul. McCain thinks Ron Paul is a loon. Get serious people.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PimpBlimp View Post
    Id vote for anybody who has RP as his VP.

He would be the leader of the Senate and could spread his constitutional message to the whole floor.
    I would to. The alternative are the democrats and they aren't getting out of the Middle East either. It's not ideal but it's better than having him go back to his house seat. A lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    My God some of you are delusional. McCain is not very well liked by the conservative base, so you think he gets a guy as a running mate who is hated by a majority of conservatives? LOL! McCain is going to pick someone who pleases the conservative base and that's definitely not Ron Paul. McCain thinks Ron Paul is a loon. Get serious people.
    Actually, i get the feeling that post-primary, McCain will be all about pulling in the independents and dems who are uncomfortable with hillary and/or obama... in other words, he'll be done w/ the base (and clearly he ain't doin' so bad as it is, certainly better than Romney)

Remember, he used to be the "independent" up on the C-Span vote tallies...

And did you not notice his several, glowing mentions (we go way back) of RP in the last two debates?

You, RPFan, are the delusional one. For the insult though, i'm almost tempted to report your post....

i'll skip it though, someone else will probably do it anyway... out of the kindness of their heart, and a lack of appreciation for your unnecessary belittling of fellow supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    i wouldn't either.

your post is closer to trolling than mine

Quote Originally Posted by Chernitsky View Post
    your post is closer to trolling than mine
    why? b/c i'm trying to advocate playing McCain's weaknesses to RP's advantage?

go ahead though Chernitsky, continue trolling away...

or just answer the question posed in the OP.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, i get the feeling that post-primary, McCain will be all about pulling in the independents and dems who are uncomfortable with hillary and/or obama... in other words, he'll be done w/ the base (and clearly he ain't doin' so bad as it is, certainly better than Romney)

Remember, he used to be the "independent" up on the C-Span vote tallies...

And did you not notice his several, glowing mentions (we go way back) of RP in the last two debates?

You, RPFan, are the delusional one. For the insult though, i'm almost tempted to report your post....

i'll skip it though, someone else will probably do it anyway... out of the kindness of their heart, and a lack of appreciation for your unnecessary belittling of fellow supporters.
    Well to be fair I don't if that's realistic considering their differences on foreign policy (gaping differences) but I was playing along with a best case scenario other than actually winning.

McCain knows we're out here and the being nice to RP bit is playing to us to soften on him. It's not working but if McCain ends up winning and in some bizarro world where he wants RP to be his VP and RP accepts that position I'm not gonna be angry about that.

Just because we think it's a stupid idea doesn't mean we're trolling. McCain thinks Paul is a lunatic. Have you not picked this up yet? Paul thinks McCain is an idiot on economic policy and he's about as far away from McCain on foreign policy as you can get. He won't endorse McCain when he drops out and he certainly won't become his running mate. Are you saying that the best ticket for the GOP is two 70+ year olds? That'll win the country over! McCain is going to pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base.

Go ahead and report me for calling you out on your stupid idea. I doubt they'll do anything.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

<snip>McCain thinks Paul is a lunatic. Have you not picked this up yet? Paul thinks McCain is an idiot on economic policy and he's about as far away from McCain on foreign policy as you can get. He won't endorse McCain when he drops out and he certainly won't become his running mate. Are you saying that the best ticket for the GOP is two 70+ year olds? That'll win the country over! McCain is going to pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base.

Go ahead and report me for calling you out on your stupid idea. I doubt they'll do anything.
    1) and that's why he keeps pulling the, "you and me were there ron, for the reagan revolution" bit right?

2) have you not picked this up yet?

3) when he drops out? who said anything about RP dropping out?
    wait, just you.

4) romney appeases the "conservative" base, gimme a break! lol

5) again, i have no plan to

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post

McCain knows we're out here and the being nice to RP bit is playing to us to soften on him. It's not working but if McCain ends up winning and in some bizarro world where he wants RP to be his VP and RP accepts that position I'm not gonna be angry about that.
    I won't vote for a ticket that has RP as VP, no way.

It's paul or not at all.

I just want to play this softening to our advantage...

sorry others would rather bash than strategize...

seems to be about the standard here the last coupla months.

shame, it used to be a great place to hang around/converse...

back when Ron Paul Fan was still mocking RP's words, making a joke
    out of the very serious issues he raised and the manner in which he
    raised them...

much nicer troll back then.

Ron Paul is more likely to win the republican nomination, than to be asked AND to accept a VP nomination from these other guys.

Get real, these guys work for the system, we work against it. If they nominated RP for VP the system AUTOMATICALLY supports the Dems, there's no way the powers that be would allow RP to be VP.

What we're all missing though is, Ron would never compromise his principles by accepting a VP nomination from one of these loons, period, end of story.

1) and that's why he keeps pulling the, "you and me were there ron, for the reagan revolution" bit right?

2) have you not picked this up yet?

3) when he drops out? who said anything about RP dropping out?
    wait, just you.

4) romney appeases the "conservative" base, gimme a break! lol

5) again, i have no plan to
    I never said romney appeases the conservative base. He probably does over any remaining candidate because they don't like McCain, Huckabee, or Paul that much and this is evident in the exit polls where Romney has been getting a majority of conservatives. I said McCain would pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base. I never said it would be Romney so where are you getting this? Romney is like 60 years old. McCain will want a younger governor with a solid conservative background, maybe from the south to balance out the ticket.

McCain said that "you were there" line once, twice? Have you seen the way McCain snickers and laughs when Paul talks? It's pretty obvious that McCain thinks Paul is crazy. And yes, I think Paul will drop out after Super Tuesday. He won't endorse anybody and he won't become anybody's running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenFan View Post
    Ron Paul is more likely to win the republican nomination, than to be asked AND to accept a VP nomination from these other guys.

Get real, these guys work for the system, we work against it. If they nominated RP for VP the system AUTOMATICALLY supports the Dems, there's no way the powers that be would allow RP to be VP.

What we're all missing though is, Ron would never compromise his principles by accepting a VP nomination from one of these loons, period, end of story.
    again, it's not an issue of RP accepting the VP slot, it's about playing the shift to our advantage...

but w/ever.

chernitsky away.

And yes, I think Paul will drop out after Super Tuesday.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    again, it's not an issue of RP accepting the VP slot, it's about playing the shift to our advantage...

but w/ever.

chernitsky away.
    So you're saying that if McCain is considering RP as his VP we can somehow use this to strengthen our campaign?

I don't see how.

We already have an ironclad two pronged attack worked out:
    1) Donate
    2) Knock on doors, and spread the message.

i wouldn't either.

sorry, but it's just a really dumb question

Also to RP fan:

Ron won't drop out after Super Tuesday. He's stated time and time again he's in this as long as his supporters keep up their grassroots efforts and their donations.

I'm just being realistic here. If you want to believe that Ron Paul will sweep a majority of Super Tuesday states despite being a distant 4th in most polls then be my guest. If you want to believe that Ron Paul, the anti establishment candidate, will win a brokered convention where the establishment will join together, then go ahead and believe that pipe dream. I'm just trying to lend some sensibility to this converation.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFYO View Post
    sorry, but it's just a really dumb question
    wow, hell of a contribution.

wrong place i see.

w/ever.

no wonder so many have ditched it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenFan View Post
    So you're saying that if McCain is considering RP as his VP we can somehow use this to strengthen our campaign?

I don't see how.

We already have an ironclad two pronged attack worked out:
    1) Donate
    2) Knock on doors, and spread the message.
    I'm saying RP, and the official campaign could use it to their advantage...

remember, they read these boards.

thanks for advancing the dialogue, btw. it really is appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast