Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul needs to make McCains temper an issue.

Paul needs to make McCains temper an issue.

It is time for some LBJ politics on McCain.

As everyone knows, during the gang of eight negotiations on the McCain-Kennedy Amnesty Package, John McCain told Senator John Cornyn, (a United States Senator representing millions of Texans) to $#@! off, and began one of his famous viscious verbal attacks, claiming Cornyn, (Former Attorney General of the State of Texas) that he didn't know anything about the immigration issue.

Paul needs to point out that McCain voted in favor of the new anti-2nd Amendment bill which disarms anyone, (including veterens of foriegn wars if they were ever treated for post traumatic stress disorder) yet McCain wants us to put him in charge of the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world??????????????????

Keep in mind, a Texas gunsmith who survived one of our many confilcts overseas, and who was long ago treated for post traumatic stress disorder, now has lost Concealed Carry Permit due to McCain and others of his ilk in the Senate, passing that Bill, and in addition, may soon lose his way to make a living due to the new Federal law.

If that vet should be barred from having access to firearms, after McCain underwent all that torture, should we really be entrusting him with a nuclear arsenal? After all, McCain voted for the new Federal law.

He certainly suffered stress. Is he also a "mental defective?"

Ron needs to jump up McCains ass for voting for that bill, and he needs to jump his ass for telling John Cornyn to "$#@! Off" for being such an upstart, as to have the audacity to represent his constituents.

McCain is a nut, pure and simple. He is a mean spirited, viscious person. Ron Paul needs to suggest that people ask John Cornyn about that encounter, and then decide if John McCain and his pledge of a 100 year "struggle" is the right choice for America.
    "...Article I, Section VIII, Paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen of the United States Constitution is the only lawful method in which to resolve the unlawful invasion our our Nation by over 12 Million Illegal Aliens. And Article IV, Section IV of that document promises it SHALL be done."
    Me
    July 13, 2007

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then McCain will say, "well I was just giving them a bit of straight talk" and the sheeple will eat it up.

Good thinkin though. His anger is an issue that really should be brought to light.

If that vet should be barred from having access to firearms, after McCain underwent all that torture, should we really be entrusting him with a nuclear arsenal? After all, McCain voted for the new Federal law.
    I think that could be phrased into an awesome question that would totally piss off McCrazy. That man needs to be exposed for the madman he is, or at least we need to remind people that he's insane.

Yes, gun rights need to be brought up and McCain needs to be called out for it. Might make the vets think twice about it, too.

A Jesse Helms female foreign policy staffer was assaulted by Senator McCain on the floor of the US Senate and other Senators had to pull the Senator away from the staffer.

Senator McCain's staff took its time sending flowers to the staffer and an apology.

It is this type of temper that other Senators witnessed.

The reason the story is not well known, is "what happens on the Senate chamber floor, stays on the senate chamber floor.

Maybe this staffer will come foward. She has told several members of the media about this.

^^^^^

That needs to be out there. Attacking a woman? Where is this staffer? She should come forward.

It would be good to get him mad in the debate, I can see mccain snapping and doing a quick impulse decision or reaction which could show people that THAT type of "emotional management" is not good for a president.

Imagine him having a bad day and launching a war or something and how things are setup the president can declare war whenever they want. What is wrong with America people? when did we let it get this bad.....

Ron Paul does great in debates, I think mittens and mccain will try and talk $#@! on each other so they can get a "Response" so they can take most of the air time.

I hope ron paul calls them out on their ACTUAL stances on issues.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

I'd really like Paul shut down the Huckster so we can have only 3 candidates. Then the sheep might say, "hey look, that crazy guy is still in it."

The Primary reason why McCain lost in South Carolina in 2000, besides his attacks on certain Christian Fundamentalist leaders, was him losing his temper in the debate before the primary when Bush went negative. McCain's ego and his temper are his Achilles heel and both need to be exploited tonight. I made a video on the subject on youtube here

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, well, lookie here at this boys...

I just googled the words John + McCain + attacks and got back 260,000 hits.

One of which is a story in a Boston paper about Romney preparing to do EXACTLY what I just suggested. Here is the article, and it reveals that McCain actually physically struggled with Senator Strom Thurmond because he got pissed at the old man. (Thurmond was about six hundred years old at the time)

Here is the link:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/ne...riefing/?p=161
    Last edited by Ira Aten; 01-30-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    "...Article I, Section VIII, Paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen of the United States Constitution is the only lawful method in which to resolve the unlawful invasion our our Nation by over 12 Million Illegal Aliens. And Article IV, Section IV of that document promises it SHALL be done."
    Me
    July 13, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmandy View Post
    ^^^^^

That needs to be out there. Attacking a woman? Where is this staffer? She should come forward.
    She told Michael Graham of WTTK radio. At the time Michael was working at WMAL radio in Washington D.C.

Nothing is confirmed.

If she tells members of the media in public with others in attendance I presume she doesn't mind us talking about the story.

All we know is a lady made a claim several years ago and that her husband was a Honduran presidential candidate and that she was a Jesse Helms senate staffer. A google search turned up the following name.

Deborah De Moss might be her name. She was married to a Honduran presidential candidate and a staffer for Jesse Helms.

Apparently John McCain was mad about Senator Helms holding up a political appointee and McCain was expressing his displeasure against Helms and taking it out on a Helms staffer.

Apparently he was grabbing her around the neck and other senators had to pull him off of her. McCain was outraged that a a special favor for McCain was not being honored.

No.

Don't do this. Ad hominem attacks are just not classy and I would be disappointed if Ron Paul tried to do this. Spreading crappy rumors about McCain's temper is no different than the Ron Paul newsletter rumors. It's below the belt.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

Oh, I thought he attacked Thurmond, sorry.

It seems according to what you are saying, he may have actually attacked a lady instead.

There is a portion of it mentioned in the Boston newspaper in the link above, showing how McCain's temper is dangerous according to Romney.

Tonight should be great, if they can rattle him.

But they probably have him on Zoloft or something.
    Me
    July 13, 2007

For Ron's question tonight, I think he should ask McCain "Care to play a game of Solitaire?" Bonus points if you know the reference.

huck is tanking all on his own

our only focus should be mccain because we cant tank romney until he stops funding his own campaign.

Mccain however needs strong showings OR he will flop.....

Quote Originally Posted by josephadel_3 View Post
    I'd really like Paul shut down the Huckster so we can have only 3 candidates. Then the sheep might say, "hey look, that crazy guy is still in it."
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

No.

Don't do this. Ad hominem attacks are just not classy and I would be disappointed if Ron Paul tried to do this. Spreading crappy rumors about McCain's temper is no different than the Ron Paul newsletter rumors. It's below the belt.
    Are you kidding me????????????? Rumors???????????

The man was reported in every newspaper in the nation, as having told Cornyn "$#@! You" and going off the deep end.

He is famous for his temper. If you would read the link I posted above, you might see that you are soon to have a guy in charge of nuclear weapons, who goes off the deep end, when people say something that annoys him, yet he votes to disarm veterens who were treated for PTS in Nam??????????

Excuse me?

If Ron Paul follows advice such as you suggest, you can guarantee to relegate him to cooked tonight. Because ROMNEY is gonna do it, based on this article.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/ne...riefing/?p=161
    Me
    July 13, 2007

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They just took the page down off the Boston Herald.com

Interesting, isn't it? it listed ten stories, all grouped, which Romney is circulating about McCain's temper.

Why would that be pulled down just today? Just now?

Interesting.
    Me
    July 13, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ira Aten View Post

If Ron Paul follows advice such as you suggest, you can guarantee to relegate him to cooked tonight.
    My advice is for him not to attack the other candidates personally. He can still talk about their records compared to his, etc. But saying 'omg, you have a bad temper!' is not going to get us anywhere.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

The Boston Herald list and Romney is a long list of problems for McCain. It makes the female story all the more believable because McCain would view her as just a mere staffer that he could push around.

I can't imagine being that disrespectful to fellow senators where the history of the senate is one of collegiality.

Arizona Republic article just posted on a thread is calling his temper into issue on being President.

Need to read that one. They are going against him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden Flag View Post
    My advice is for him not to attack the other candidates personally. He can still talk about their records compared to his, etc. But saying 'omg, you have a bad temper!' is not going to get us anywhere.
    I think that going after McCain's votes in the Senate and his 100 years in Iraq would be smarter than the temper stuff, but if Romney actually goes after McCain with this stuff, we won't have to bring it up and McCain will likely make a fool out of himself by focusing his anger on Paul, who isn't going after McCain's lack of self-control. It is more important that we are IN this debate and active, which means we will have to interject on most of this stuff and potentially be rude to the moderators and go over our time limit, which Paul should have started doing sooner. We should definitely attack, but be assertive, not aggressive, which is what Romney will likely do.

If I know anything about Romney based on his self-donating tendencies, he is not going to let this go after all the money he is invested and he will likely do much of this stuff for us, and wound himself in the process. We can not be bystanders, but we can not be villains either. Regardless to who does it, 2 things will happen.

1. Huckabee will make more retarded jokes signifying absolutely nothing and continue his downward plunge.

2. McCain and Romney are going to tangle like nobody's business, like two legions of Viking Berserkers armed with spiked clubs.

The danger here is that we will look irrelevant among this circus show if we don't step up the rhetoric and pick an opponent to go after. And when I say go after I don't mean "I voted this way, he voted that way", I'm talking "this guy is A because of B, C, D and is lying to all of you about it".

Ron has the debating skill to goad McCain all night until the guy explodes on stage. Especially if he butts in on questions and reminds McCain that the soilders are backing Dr. Paul instead of him, that he looked like a buffon etc.

What is needed is for McCain to swear on stage, or better to totally lose and physically attack Dr. Paul and be brought down by the Secret Service.

Dr Paul might actually be smart enough to get Huck to take the literal hit.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Looking for McCain to lose it? Highly unlikely, he knows if he does it's over.

Looking for Ron to bait him to loosing his temper - again, not his style, not likely.

He does need to keep the pressure on him though, McCain does tend to get stupid and say blatant untrue things when he has someone in his face.

Ron has the debating skill to goad McCain all night until the guy explodes on stage. Especially if he butts in on questions and reminds McCain that the soilders are backing Dr. Paul instead of him, that he looked like a buffon etc.

What is needed is for McCain to swear on stage, or better to totally lose and physically attack Dr. Paul and be brought down by the Secret Service.

Dr Paul might actually be smart enough to get Huck to take the literal hit.
    Guys, come on, his staff knows exactly how volitile he is, and they are going to have him on some form of medication to keep him calm.

What Paul needs to do, is to simply bring up the fact that even without being pissed, McCain is suggesting we continue a 100 year war. Imagine if another country makes him angry for God's sake.

He has, according to Newsweek, called fellow Senators $#@!s. He has, according to numerous accounts, even admitted to by his staffers if you will read the story, told John Cornyn "$#@! You".

Imagine if he were to tell that to a head of another country, when they disagreed with something he was working on? Wouldn't it be an item for consideration by the American voter, whether or not the Candidate who just happened to slip up on them, is predisposed to telling people to "$#@! Off?"

This is a legitimate issue. McCain is a loose cannon, and the only way Ron Paul can bring voters around, is to bring up the facts.

McCain is poised to watch himself tonight, and probably on Zoloft of some other mind altering drug designed to keep one calm.

After all if a veteren who had a concealed carry handgun permit, was to have walked up to a U.S. Senator, and told them to "$#@! Off", under McCains' newest anti 2nd Amendment measure, that veteren would lose their right to keep and bear arms. Any pshychiatrist would declare them "mental defectives" should they attack a woman over an argument about a legislative issue.

Why then, is it not an IMPERITIVE that his temper be considered in this race? He will have access to a nuclear arsenal after all. He has a history documented by Newsweek, of being unstable.

After all the chicken $#@! crap he pulled on Ron Paul, I am astounded anyone would be naive enough to say "Oh Gosh, these rumors aren't fit to be repeated" when the so called "rumors" are printed news articles in publications such as Newsweek.

If Ron Paul had an article printed in Newsweek, wherein he was quoted by Congressional staffers as saying "$#@! Off" or "$#@! You" and physically struggling with another person in the halls of Congress, do you mean to tell me, that Romney, McCain, or Huckabee wouldn't make it an issue?

For God's sake, they ridicule him for merely making a statement about what the Republican Party's platform is supposed to be, regarding foreign entablements.

I say he ought to call McCain a nutcase, who is dangerous as hell, and ought to be in a home rather than in control of a $#@!ing weapons arsenal capable of making us all into nothing but melded glass.

Or, he can be nice, and McCain can start drafting your kids for his "100 year struggle".

I vote for getting serious myself.
    Me
    July 13, 2007

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I say he ought to call McCain a nutcase, who is dangerous as hell, and ought to be in a home rather than in control of a $#@!ing weapons arsenal capable of making us all into nothing but melded glass
    Right. I'd say "Senator McCain, compared to George W. Bush, is a pacifist and if elected President, wouldn't hesitate to use nuclear weapons against another nation -- maybe even Russia."

Quote Originally Posted by New York For Paul View Post
    A Jesse Helms female foreign policy staffer was assaulted by Senator McCain on the floor of the US Senate and other Senators had to pull the Senator away from the staffer.

Senator McCain's staff took its time sending flowers to the staffer and an apology.

It is this type of temper that other Senators witnessed.

The reason the story is not well known, is "what happens on the Senate chamber floor, stays on the senate chamber floor.

Maybe this staffer will come foward. She has told several members of the media about this.
    Do you have more info about this? Like an article?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    —Samuel Adams

At least he should ask if we'd run McCain's name and social security number throughthe instant check system to see if there is a hit.
    After all, McCain voted for it.

Shouldn't Ron ask that his name simply be run through?

Ron is the only one in the Congress who voted AGAINST the damn thing. If a veteren is denied the right to own a rifle, just because in Korea he was treated for shell shock (post traumatic stress disorder nowdays) shouldn't McCain be subjected to his own law, previous to having a nuclear arsenal placed at his disposal???????????????????
    Me
    July 13, 2007

Especially if he butts in on questions and reminds McCain that the soilders are backing Dr. Paul instead of him
    i would love to see that especially when mcbain starts his '100 years of war' rant dr. paul should forcefully and LOUDLY say just that!......."hey mcbain did you know those soldiers are giving me more money than you!!?? why do you think they're doing that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yom View Post
    Do you have more info about this? Like an article?
    All she has ever done to my knowledge is tell some radio talk show hosts.

Craig Livingstone of FBI filegate fame under the Clintons went on radio WMAL in DC and attacked the Clintons for being evil. He was a White House political appointee, director of Security prbably placed by Mrs. Bill Clinton.

He has now stated that the Clintons are evil and shouldn't be voted back in.

He absolutely needs to be called to task on the gun vote. That is pure bs and will anger any real conservative. It doesn't have to be an attack by Lucy got some splaining to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast