Thread: Cato Betrays Us

Cato Betrays Us

I've been a fan of Cato for 5 years. To see them support warrant-less, unsupervised wiretapping of American citizens hurts me. Here it is:

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=9119

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, scary stuff. There goes any respect I had left for CATO.

And where the heck did he get this from:

Intelligence is essential on the domestic side as well, where law enforcement is the president's main function.

The last time I read the constitution I thought the President had two functions. To be the commander of the military (which doesn't operate domestically) and to receive foreign ambassadors (i.e represent us in a diplomatic way internationally).

No where is there anything remotely related to law enforcement, that is left to the states.

CATO just lost my support.

Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

I hope they hear from a lot of angry libertarians and fire that Pilon guy, no matter what credentials he has.

Cato Betrays Us

Well, yeah. Where ya been?

Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobLyles View Post
    I hope they hear from a lot of angry libertarians and fire that Pilon guy, no matter what credentials he has.
    He almost read the Constitution once.

Discontinue support for Cato. Let them know it, but be professional and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBagman View Post
    You're surprised?
    Yes, I am. Cato has been opposing the PATRIOT act and other abuses of surveillance power for 7 years. I am very surprised and disappointed that they gave up now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    might i recommend you stop by www.heavyfed.com to see what cato/reason have been up to these past coupla months?
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

So, it seems like everyone (media, politicians, left, right, center, races, sexes, etc.) is getting in the same line anymore when it comes to who to endorse, what policies to adopt, and where to take this country. Are these the first steps to seeing that all the political differences in this country were just a sham and we really have had a one party system all along?

Or maybe they are just offering Kool-Aid in that line which is attracting everyone.