Thread: Watching Bill Maher...

Watching Bill Maher...

I got really sick watching Bill Maher last night. I use to respect him a lot and the issues he talked about, but he's just another layer of bull$#@!. I thought he brought a lot of truth to the news but really it's not much better than the main stream media.

He sits there with his panel bitching about the war, and the government, and the democrats doing nothing............yet he doesn't support the true anti-war candidates like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. He even makes fun of Kucinich.

He did give Ron Paul some time last year... but now when it matters... and Paul needs coverage...
    maher's dead quiet about what's going on. That RP got second in Nevada and has been beating the ghoul.

Nothing.

I don't know.
    Last edited by RonPaulFTFW; 01-28-2008 at 01:09 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is just a strong democrat... his loyalty is to his party...

I know it's so weird. He even said that Ron Paul is his hero. I think he also said he'd vote for him over any other republican candidate on CNN once.

And now, he shuts up about him completely, and never mentions him as if he's just another media shill.

I don't get it. Maybe someone from bilderberg or some other company or agency held a gun to his head and said "mention ron paul again and die" lol.

Im not a conspiracy theorist really... but some of the silence going on in the media is very strange, and i wouldnt be surprised if threats have been made in certain places...

Anyone know when the last time bill maher mentioned ron paul was?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by LandonCook View Post
    Not sure about that... according to his wikipedia entry, he voted for Dole in 1996 and Nader in 2000. Plus he was briefly pro-war in 2005, after the Iraqi elections. He's just a confused, unpredictable person.

Not mentioning about Ron Paul = automatically considered a shill?

Stop being so fanatic.

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

He's unpredictable, as for him not covering Ron Paul...I'm not real sure to be honest, I haven't ever really watched much of what he has to say.

well he called the current democrats cowards. why not send him an email? without his writers he needs to have a lot of interviews instead, so ask if he would like to have Ron on prior to super Tuesday.

Any of those talk show host (and I include all current news programs in this category sadly) guys have to jump for their masters to continue to get their salaries, time slots and perks, etc. He was thrown off his show after 9/11, remember? He has learned to play the game. He is not our friend. He is just another tool.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I agree

His show has become insipid, and it pisses me off when he explicitly says NO ONE is saying the things he is ... when in fact he's regurgitating things Ron Paul has said ages ago.
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Watch this Ron Paul Video

Quote Originally Posted by StateofTrance View Post
    Not mentioning about Ron Paul = automatically considered a shill?

Stop being so fanatic.
    Well if he isn't mentioning him he isn't doing his homework.

or he's a shill.

so which is worse?

Quote Originally Posted by andy mcdee View Post
    well he called the current democrats cowards. why not send him an email? without his writers he needs to have a lot of interviews instead, so ask if he would like to have Ron on prior to super Tuesday.
    but that's my point.
    he can call the cowards every show... but that's as far as he'll go.

if he really cared he'd advocate people jumping ship and going to a real anti-war candidate.

He always seemed to me to be a very angry man who was mostly interested in furthering the Republican/Democrat divide, rather than actually helping anything.

Well i've always been a big fan. He was the place I first learned of Ron Paul. I never saw him making the divide bigger so much as calling everybody out on their $#@!.

But that's all he does. He does only seem to want to futher his own issues and comedy career instead of pushing people to think differently.

Which is what separates a great comic (Bruce and Carlin) to a regular media head like Maher.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadWolfe View Post
    He always seemed to me to be a very angry man who was mostly interested in furthering the Republican/Democrat divide, rather than actually helping anything.
    He's a lightweight thinker, he wants to put everything into his one-liner boxes, and has no real respect for nuance. I used to enjoy his show until I started following RP ... then I saw how Maher barely scratches the surface. Also, he has a childish view on religion and insists on confusing the spoiled religious institutions for the actual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMTV View Post
    He's a lightweight thinker, he wants to put everything into his one-liner boxes, and has no real respect for nuance. I used to enjoy his show until I started following RP ... then I saw how Maher barely scratches the surface. Also, he has a childish view on religion and insists on confusing the spoiled religious institutions for the actual thing.
    I agree with what he says on relgion 90 percent of the time.......but I also agree he pushes the subject too much when it's not really called for.

I know he has a documentary coming up about it and maybe he wants to be seen as a big guru on it but...........There are more important things to talk about in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFTFW View Post
    I agree with what he says on relgion 90 percent of the time.......but I also agree he pushes the subject too much when it's not really called for.

I know he has a documentary coming up about it and maybe he wants to be seen as a big guru on it but...........There are more important things to talk about in the here and now.
    I know what you mean. I also agree when he calls "pseudo-religious" people out on their bull$#@!, but my objection is with his lack of discrimination between sincere exploration and dogmatic ignorance.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was watching Mr. Marr and I'm really sick and tired of listening to all the panel guests talk about the same issue's over and over and never mentioning Ron Paul and how he has an answer for all the issues they have. It's a shame! So many blind and so many deaf to the message of the Constitution!

Quote Originally Posted by LandonCook View Post
    I thought he was a libertarian?

Exclamation

Bill Maher was in Ron Paul's Court until the Big Boys came and had a "little talk" with him. Ever since his "little talk" he's been a good boy. Don't forget Maher got kicked off the Networks for speaking out against "them". He doesn't want to lose his show now. What a SUCK UP........

He doesnt have any writers (like Stewart and Colbert) so he can only talk about what his handlers tell him he can talk about. I like Bill but I do wish he would push RP more. But he still gets paid by HBO. Who owns HBO? Time Warner. The largest media company in the world.

EDIT: this link is 10 years old but still explains it all : http://www.nowfoundation.org/issues/...iacontrol.html
    Last edited by devil21; 01-28-2008 at 03:16 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Truth View Post
    I thought he was a libertarian?
    He thought he was too until he found out about Ron Paul.
    That's why we need Rudy Giuliani to be our next president. Those muslim won't be jealous of our freedoms any more once Rudy's in charge. - BergBuilder

i remember

Quote Originally Posted by BreakYourChains View Post
    Any of those talk show host (and I include all current news programs in this category sadly) guys have to jump for their masters to continue to get their salaries, time slots and perks, etc. He was thrown off his show after 9/11, remember? He has learned to play the game. He is not our friend. He is just another tool.
    ditto
    he dances to a tune called by others - a slave to his masters he is - and TV Americans gobble at his spoon

do people still show up in his studio audience asking him why he never speaks of 9/11 anymore? or do goons keep them out better now?
    Edward Ross Burgess
    2008 Ron Paul Delegate to the Republican National Convention
    "Ya can't win the Run Off Election unless yer in it." ~Edward R Burgess
    Knowledge is power, get some!
    http://mcgeehan2014.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Winner is (R0N P@uL) View Post
    Bill Maher was in Ron Paul's Court until the Big Boys came and had a "little talk" with him. Ever since his "little talk" he's been a good boy. Don't forget Maher got kicked off the Networks for speaking out against "them". He doesn't want to lose his show now. What a SUCK UP........
    And you have evidence of this?

I didn't think so.

I actually think all the people here who went insane as if Bill had endorsed Ron Paul then made 8 billion YouTubes of it probably turned him off from talking about him.