Thread: 10- and 15-second tv commercials -- anyone have them?

10- and 15-second tv commercials -- anyone have them?

Hi! I'm planning a RP tv ad purchase in the Cleveland area. So far, I've gotten permission to use 4 different 30-second spots, including 2 of Jeremiah Black's great ads. I would also like to find some shorter, 10- and/or 15-second RP tv ads, so that we can maximize our advertising $$.

In my searches for potential commericals to use, I've seen *lots* of 30-second or longer spots, but none that are these shorter lengths. Does anyone know of a source of these 10- or 15-second ads?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    10 & 15 seconds ads are generally a less efficient buy -- and particularly for a candidate like Dr. Paul.

you're spending 70% of the cost of a 30 second ad -- with much less time to get the message out.
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

>> you're spending 70% of the cost of a 30 second ad -- with much less time to get the message out.
    The price quoted to me was:
    10 second spot = 50% of 30-sec price
    15 second spot = 65% of 30-sec price

which isn't *too* much more...

My ideal 10- or 15-sec spot (which probably doesn't exist!) would have the short slogan suggested by some here on RPF: (I don't know what the background would be, maybe footage of Dr. Paul.) The narration would just say: "End the war. Vote for Ron Paul. Stop our economic crisis. Vote for Ron Paul. Restore America. Vote for Ron Paul." (A 15-second spot would probably have time for one more phrase in there, e.g. "Restore our individual freedoms. Vote for Ron Paul.")

I would think that if people heard this message repeated enough, they would have a very good idea of Dr. Paul's basic platform, and this might be an effective way to spread the message.

Unfortunately, with a 10/15 second ad, 40%/25% of the ad would just be in the disclaimer (paid for by bla bla bla...)

With a 30s/60s. ad, it drops to 13% and 7% respectively
    Organizer of the Santa Barbara Ron Paul Meetup group, Meetup #264

>> Unfortunately, with a 10/15 second ad, 40%/25% of the ad would just be in the disclaimer (paid for by bla bla bla...)

Huh... thanks for that input. I hadn't thought about that. Do we need to state verbally the PAC disclaimer, or can we just have it printed on the screen while the narration is occurring? Is there some formal rule about this? If so, can anyone provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by kmj.ronpaul View Post
    >> Unfortunately, with a 10/15 second ad, 40%/25% of the ad would just be in the disclaimer (paid for by bla bla bla...)

Huh... thanks for that input. I hadn't thought about that. Do we need to state verbally the PAC disclaimer, or can we just have it printed on the screen while the narration is occurring? Is there some formal rule about this? If so, can anyone provide a link?
    When dealing with the local cable co, they said they wanted atleast 4 seconds of disclaimer AND text being no smaller than 4% of the screen.

As far as formal rules, I don't have any links other than for every PAC ad I've seen/heard about, they needed the verbal disclaimer as well.
    Organizer of the Santa Barbara Ron Paul Meetup group, Meetup #264

Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House. Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House.

I think if we can get a 10-15 second ad, it would be ideal...ads really are only for name recognition...pick one topic and repeat it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House. Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House.
    THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT! YES YES, YES!

>> Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House. Ron Paul, elect directly to the White House.

YES!! The Head-On ads were the inspiration for me wanting the shorter spots. Repetition is our friend! Hopefully our short ads would be less annoying than the Head-On ones, though.

LOL.

Paid for by the elect Ron Paul to the Whitehouse PAC
    Hi!

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

I'm working on more...

I editing this as if the official campaign did it...RP did not really approve this message...but this is what it may look like if he did...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O5RySAmEiI