Thread: Why fight the media, Become the media

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need some people to covertly become reporters and report the inside happenings to Grassroots HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Post Facto View Post
    TV is dying a slow death. We need to continue developing the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by IChooseLiberty View Post
    TV is dying a slow death. We need to continue developing the internet.
    There will be TV for many decades, if not centuries to come.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    There will be TV for many decades, if not centuries to come.
    Not in its current form. TV sucks compared to the internet because you have less choice. On the internet, you can find programs you like and put together what you like.

They'll merge together somehow in the future, but I do think TV is on its way out.

imagine if we had a money bomb to buy a TV station lol.
    *Liberty is worth it*

I am creating my own internet news show. First episode in 2 weeks. I have a very good distribution network that will let it be seen by a few thousand at least. Why don't you do something similar. If 100 of us did this, the best 10 would float to the top and we could then combine and create our own network.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let me just ask how you are going to broadcast the TV networks unless you purchase slots on cable company or satellite company broadcast schedules.

In about a week, our old televisions aren't going to work anymore. Old standard TV antenae's aren't going to pick up a signal, and unless you have a cable box, or satellite TV, you're not even going to get any TV stations.

The have changed the way in which television signals are broadcast and in about a week, you will no longer pick up signals with your standard TV antenae or cable line, without a cable box, that cable line is going to be useless in a few days.

yea congress just passed a bill to give our tax dollars back to us in the form of coupons to use toward digital cable boxes.
    http://w ww.cnn.com/2008/TECH/01/01/digital.tv.ap/

"Congress, in ordering the transition to digital broadcasting, set aside $1.5 billion for the coupon program, which will fund 33.5 million coupons and other costs.

The giveaway basically works under the honor system."

they'll merge together somehow in the future, but I do think TV is on its way out.
    The merger has already taken place. However, the cost has to come down before more people get in on it.

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

XPS All-in-One
    Starting Price $1,299
    Watch and record live TV

The starting price was $1,499 just a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Onethreezer0 View Post
    yea congress just passed a bill to give our tax dollars back to us in the form of coupons to use toward digital cable boxes.
    http://w ww.cnn.com/2008/TECH/01/01/digital.tv.ap/

"Congress, in ordering the transition to digital broadcasting, set aside $1.5 billion for the coupon program, which will fund 33.5 million coupons and other costs.

The giveaway basically works under the honor system."
    Ya but messed up thing is, I only have cable running to one room of my house. Currently we have a TV in almost every room, but once this happens in February, we'll be down to one TV as we only have cable lines being run to one room of the house from the basement and all the other TV's run off of antenas.

Oh well, guess we just won't be watching as much TV. Probably for the best anyways since its all propaganda and lies anyways.

I would chip-in to buy out Faux News.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire (possibly)

We are creating our own media, it's in the pipeline and very very big.

Can't talk about details, members that have shown a commitment to getting projects going are being privately contacted.

Here is a glimpse of what is happening.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79584

Quote Originally Posted by rodent View Post
    Not in its current form. TV sucks compared to the internet because you have less choice. On the internet, you can find programs you like and put together what you like.

They'll merge together somehow in the future, but I do think TV is on its way out.
    Yeah but most generations don't use the internet. The younger generations know and utilize online video blogs and stuff, but old people still use Outlook Express and Dial-up, most demographics are still T.V. based. John Doe drinks a beer and watches the local news after coming home from an exhausting day of work of highway construction and annoying teenagers throwing McDonalds bags at him. The last thing he wants to do is jump on the internet to see the latest installment of some 40 year old man's blog living in his mother's basement. Our best bet is to pitch this idea to the campaign, GET A T.V. Channel or some MEDIA OUTLET that isn't biased. GRAB UP AN AVAILABLE NEWSTATION AND MAKE HIS VOICE HEARD!!! Instead of making it national though, have the grassroots program responsible for grabbing Radio spots and local news spots to spread word in their own districts.

"Old standard TV antenae's aren't going to pick up a signal, and unless you have a cable box, or satellite TV, you're not even going to get any TV stations."
    whoa.. some incorrect info there...

If you have a new HD TV with a built in tuner OR if you have an old tv and buy a separate tuner (in a DVD player for example) you'll just stick rabbit ears on it and pick up your local TV stations in digital goodness.. and.. the signal might well be better than what you get off of cable or satellite because it isn't compressed.

and.. I agree.. buying 1 TV station isn't going to do much good. Money would be better spent organizing people to run shows on their local cable TV "public access" channel OR setting up many internet TV stations.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Post Facto View Post
    I just mailed a suggestion to RP's campaign suggesting this as an individual grassroots project. We need more people to mail and voice their support of this however. Spread this and bump the thread!

I'm sure there are stations just waiting to be picked up all around the country. If not in your Grassroots precinct then contact your local news station and voice your support of Ron Paul and try to spread the word. Let's just hope that the MSM corruption hasn't reached the local news level. I know my newspaper has edited out Gravel already though...
    Last edited by tribute_13; 02-07-2008 at 10:41 AM.