Thread: thoughts about a brokered convention....

thoughts about a brokered convention....

This just dawned on me.... If The democrats elect a leader to the DNC convention, say Obama or Hillary, but there is no front runner for the Republicans and we have a brokered convention.....

THERE WILL STILL BE PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES TO BE WON FOR US AND NOT THE DEMS!

So what?

Well if the dems have elected their leader, then we should be able to court the dems and indpendants in states that have not voted yet to consider Ron Paul. And with dems voting at a 2-1 margin in most of the states so far, I'd say our prospects are very good for picking up lots of these votes. Imagine if people came in droves from the (D) and (I) to vote (R) for Paul. Maybe this has been the strategy all along? Hold out for a brokered convention where the dems have a majority?

Hopefully Barak kicks Hillary's ass Feb 5th and walks away with the nomination so the rest of America can concentrate on influencing the republican party and elect Ron Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Dem convention isn't until all the primaries are over. In order for things to work out as you're suggesting, Obama or Hillary will have to drop out soon. I don't think that is likely.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Sehr Gut!
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

That's an interesting thought, but I wouldn't count on any one of the Dems running away with it on super Tuesday. I'd say Edwards is enough of a force to prevent either of the other two from winning it right away.

This is the tightest election in recent history for both parties. There are no clear front runners at this point (and there usually are in most elections by now), and it's not likely there will be any clear front runners even after super Tuesday.

Combined with Bloomberg willing to use $2 Billion of his own fortune on the race and you can come to one simple conclusion..... this is THE most important election in American history.

Yup I said it.

the date to change to the "right" party in california has passed.. sigh
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenFan View Post
    this is THE most important election in American history.

Yup I said it.
    + 17.76 X 10^2

2008 isn't too late! We can win this!
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

I dunno. I'd rather RP win outright, but it's looking like all we have to look forward to is a nasty brokered convention.

The good news: There will probably not be a Clinton/Obama ticket, as Obama has become so famous that he would steal some of hillary's presidential limelight. All these personal attacks between them make it all the more unlikely.

If hillary, the media vetted candidate, wins on the Dem side RP could potentially get a huge boost from these dissaffecteds, as RP would be the peace candidate in a race between Hillary and any other Republican.
    Ron Paul... Why not?