Thread: A plan to target and acquire the older vote !

A plan to target and acquire the older vote !

Its quite possible that the young grass roots don't understand how to relate to the older votes that we can't seem to capture.

Why don't the older folks in the grassroots go after the old vote? Perhaps they are already? I don't see alot of whats going on in the streets of Florida. The only thing I see is alot of sign holding (which is awesome).

Our strategy may need to be adjusted. Retirement homes, door to door, whatever. Arm yourself with Social Security and retirement details and target people. In many ways, older voters have a better networking group than younger ones. My grandmother spends alot of time on the phone and her friends spend alot of time on the phone. Its like a neighborhood watch thing or something.

Lets start targetting old folks !

"Are you over the age of 60-65? Are you concerned about your retirement and SS and how long it will hold out? Medical care? Are you concerned about your grandchildren and if they will be in the same position? The time has come to stop the fear and worry. The time has come to repair our broken system and secure the retirement for you and your grandchildren. The time has come to elect a president who has the experence, knowledge and the only real cure for our ailing retirement and Social Security system. The time has come for a doctor, a stateman, a congressman, a patriot and a defender of our freedom, liberty and constitution. The time has come for Ron Paul."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And/or, why not put a big ad in AARP magazine, it is the largest circulation magazine in the world and most if not all people over 55 get it.

Come on folks. We gotta get busy formulating a plan for these voters. If not for the state of Florida but for the remaining states.

The above doesn' have to be the only idea. Lets brainstorm and start utilizing our strengths !

bump
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

chavez is a clown and no one pays attention to him, but investors would be smart to do that anyway...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Hmmm, I wonder what percent of people over 60 use the internet.

How does the RP campaign reach out to this demographic?

I do not think the problem is the message or what we are trying to say to these people, its that these people have no idea about Ron Paul at all.

Quote Originally Posted by N13 View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder what percent of people over 60 use the internet.

How does the RP campaign reach out to this demographic?

I do not think the problem is the message or what we are trying to say to these people, its that these people have no idea about Ron Paul at all.
    You nailed it. I've found older voters are a fairly easy conversion, just using the Hope for America slimjim. The important thing is to have lots of other material available to respond to specific interest areas.

The BEST PLAN would be to get 2-4 RP supporters to work the retirement homes and activity centers in the area together. Most of these places will put you on a program and give you an hour, they're starved for interesting things to do. I'd recommend small groups of supporters so you don't overwhelm them, but enough that you're not swamped by the crowd.

Act like you're visiting your favorite granny's preacher's house, and granny is watching. That doesn't mean you can't be passionate, but be sound and reasoned as well.

If you can, take a projector and show something like Hope 2.O. If not, somebody do a presentation of Dr. Paul's main stances, hand out lots of lit, and answer all the questions they want to ask.

If this had been done across the state, RP could WIN FLORIDA.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

If we plan on doing well in Pennsylvania, we need to know how to acquire this vote. There are more old people in PA than in Florida. Just saying.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    If we plan on doing well in Pennsylvania, we need to know how to acquire this vote. There are more old people in PA than in Florida. Just saying.
    See my post above. If you take the water to the horse, the horse will drink, I guarantee it.

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    See my post above. If you take the water to the horse, the horse will drink, I guarantee it.
    That may work. It may not. It depends on the area I guess. In the areas, I am familiar with, the elderly don't live in rest homes as much as houses. But your post is noted.

Good thinking, plus the over 60 demographic loves company. Talk about a captive audience.

And they will spread the word because the messenger of RP is the big news of the day.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    And/or, why not put a big ad in AARP magazine, it is the largest circulation magazine in the world and most if not all people over 55 get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    You nailed it. I've found older voters are a fairly easy conversion, just using the Hope for America slimjim. The important thing is to have lots of other material available to respond to specific interest areas.

The BEST PLAN would be to get 2-4 RP supporters to work the retirement homes and activity centers in the area together. Most of these places will put you on a program and give you an hour, they're starved for interesting things to do. I'd recommend small groups of supporters so you don't overwhelm them, but enough that you're not swamped by the crowd.

Act like you're visiting your favorite granny's preacher's house, and granny is watching. That doesn't mean you can't be passionate, but be sound and reasoned as well.

If you can, take a projector and show something like Hope 2.O. If not, somebody do a presentation of Dr. Paul's main stances, hand out lots of lit, and answer all the questions they want to ask.

If this had been done across the state, RP could WIN FLORIDA.
    I second these motions

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    That may work. It may not. It depends on the area I guess. In the areas, I am familiar with, the elderly don't live in rest homes as much as houses. But your post is noted.
    My mom is 87. She lives in her own house in Kentucky. She spends a few months each winter in Florida, where she lives with my brother. In both places, she is a member of a local senior citizen activity center, where she spends a half-day three days a week. She goes there because they have interesting programs, take buses to sightsee and shop, etc. There are lots of older folks that make these "senior citizen activity centers" a focal point of their social lives. Hope this helps.

Mention it's for their grandchildren, this is the most important reason I'm working for this. Yes to the Senior Centers, many gatherings going on there. Also the Country Buffet type of restaurants at lunch time, (senior discount, all you can eat type) golf courses, bingo halls, bowling alleys. They are pretty active but suspect most watch network news if at all and don't even know about RP. Older ladies shop constantly and might need a hand with a grocery bag or something, a few words, a captive audience for a few minutes and they pass it on!
    The AARP has a big government cradle to grave agenda, doubt they'd accept an ad.
    Oust the Montebanks!

Older people vote for the campaign that exudes the most excitement and positive-ness. They vote more on emotion than younger voters.