Thread: Tom McClintock endorsement?

Tom McClintock endorsement?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...red-thomp.html

With Thompson out, Tom McClintock leans to Ron Paul

With Fred Thompson out of the presidential race, who's a self-respecting conservative to go for? Could it be, maybe, perhaps, a certain Republican-libertarian from Texas?

That's one question perplexing California state Sen. Tom McClintock, possibly the second-most-famous California Republican currently in office after Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

McClintock created a stir two months when he endorsed Thompson’s presidential candidacy. Having run for governor, lieutenant governor and state controller, McClintock has shown that while he has not won a statewide contest, he can win GOP primaries, which conservatives tend to dominate. So heading into the Feb. 5 primary, McClintock’s endorsement is seen as important in California.

Now McClintock is mulling his choices. And it comes down to the basics: "Who will respect our Constitution, defend our borders, and reduce the burdens of government on our people?" McClintock said Thursday in Sacramento as the Senate wrapped up its week. "If I were to vote today, I probably would be casting a vote for Ron Paul. I’m not voting today."

Why Paul?

"I do believe he will respect our Constitu-" McClintock said, then stopped midthought. "I don’t want to go too far. I am still looking."

Why not former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney? "I want somebody with a consistent record," McClintock said. "I want someone who didn’t have to go through a political epiphany the day before he announced his candidacy."

-- Dan Morain
    So what is being done to get McClintock's endorsement?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My thoughts exactly when I started liking Ron Paul. I like McClintock, He got 20% of the vote in the recall, which means he probably could've won if Schwarzenegger didn't run.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

The BEST thing to do -- is to STAY AWAY from him!
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.