Thread: Fox Talk Show Host Mocks The Death Of Heath Ledger

Fox Talk Show Host Mocks The Death Of Heath Ledger

A U.S. radio host who mocked Heath Ledger's death live on air a few hours after his passing has been slammed by gay activists. During his Tuesday show, Fox News Radio presenter John Gibson played an audio clip from the movie Brokeback Mountain in which Jake Gyllenhaal's character says to Ledger's, "I wish I knew how to quit you." Gibson then told his listeners, "Well, he found out how to quit you." Later in the broadcast, Gibson played another Brokeback Mountain clip, this time of Ledger's character saying, "We're dead." The host then mockingly repeated, "We're dead," before playing the clip again. Gibson, who is on record as criticizing Brokeback Mountain as a "gay agenda movie," went on to label Ledger a "weirdo" who had "a serious drug problem" and speculated as to reasons why the actor may have taken his own life. Ledger, who was found dead in his New York apartment on Tuesday, is not thought to have committed suicide, according to authorities and his family. Rashad Robinson, a spokesman for The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), says, "Gibson's remarks are vulgar and disgusting. It's sickening that Gibson would exploit Heath Ledger's tragic death to promote such hurtful intolerance. And to do so at a time when family and friends are grieving shows a level of insensitivity that is beyond the pale." On his Wednesday show, Gibson refused to apologize for his comments, explaining they were just "a little Brokeback Mountain joke" and there is "no point in passing up a good joke."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is just sad, the guy was an actor and he was not gay....

Even if he was gay, a person's death is NOT funny.

Sick Fools in this world.

It doesn't seem to matter anymore whether you're gay or not. If you are in anyway accepting of it you are labeled a gay activist and are therefore worthy of only scorn from people like those at Fox News. It's not surprising this would happen. People like Gibson on the religious right will stoop to any level to promote their political points.

just because someone looks like a person doesn't mean that they are human. Some people are worse than a piece of $#@!, at least $#@! served a purpose. That radio host is not human.

This is shocking but coming from them it doesn't surprise me.
    "I'm Ron Paul I'm a congressman from Texas serving in my 10th term, I am the champion of the Constitution.- Ron Paul

You know, I think this is fair, because I'm sure going to be laughing when John Gibson leaves this mortal coil.

I suppose if your death is mocked by the likes of him then you must have done something right.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what a despicable human being...