Thread: Open Letter From Edward Snowden's Father and His Lawyer

Open Letter From Edward Snowden's Father and His Lawyer

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 04:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Bruce Fein is a superb lawyer.

Rand Paul recommended him to Snowden's dad.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Despite what be unbearable worry, I know he must be unbelievably proud. He raised Edward right. God bless that family, and Bruce Fein.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Despite what be unbearable worry, I know he must be unbelievably proud. He raised Edward right. God bless that family, and Bruce Fein.
    I agree with this!

Choked me up a bit.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

I coughed upon this part.
    We encourage you to engage us in regular exchanges of ideas or thoughts about approaches to curing or mitigating the hugely suboptimal political culture of the United States. Nothing less is required to pay homage to Valley Forge, Cemetery Ridge, Omaha Beach, and other places of great sacrifice.

Nothing like after America/Britain popped and brought the third reich to power in order as an excuse to go to war in Europe and occupied it right?

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 04:10 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To me, it seems like a weak positive letter essentially saying "your right we believe you, but it is time to listen to the authorities and turn yourself in". And also that "the government's goal is not to enslave or reduce liberties of the population". If I did the unbelievably courageous act that snowden did, I would expect my father to write letters and go on as much media as possible showing full support and calling out the government for the tyrants they are. To me this just looks like extremely weak sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    To me, it seems like a weak positive letter essentially saying "your right we believe you, but it is time to listen to the authorities and turn yourself in". And also that "the government's goal is not to enslave or reduce liberties of the population". If I did the unbelievably courageous act that snowden did, I would expect my father to write letters and go on as much media as possible showing full support and calling out the government for the tyrants they are. To me this just looks like extremely weak sauce.
    Are you referring to this line?

We think you would agree that the final end of the state is to make men and women free to develop their faculties, not to seek planetary domination through force, violence or spying.
    I think you're widely misconstruing it. The first part is the ideal, saying that government should exist to foster individual liberty, the second part is the current reality which Snowden's actions have helped to expose.

No where does it implore him to turn himself in; it just asks him to keep in touch in so many words.

Edward's going to have a $#@!ty 4th in the bunker underneath the airport (I assume that's where he is in some secret part).

He needs to find his way to Venezuela and ignore his dad's pleas. They're absolutely determined to string him up and imprison him to make an example.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

We encourage you to engage us in regular exchanges of ideas or thoughts about approaches to curing or mitigating the hugely suboptimal political culture of the United States. Nothing less is required to pay homage to Valley Forge, Cemetery Ridge, Omaha Beach, and other places of great sacrifice.
    Interestingly and IIRC, Cemetery Ridge is where the South valiantly charged the Union forces to complete a full invasion of the North and got cut down at Gettysburg on day 3. Sacrificing being mostly on the South's part that day and all..

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Bruce Fein is a superb lawyer.

Rand Paul recommended him to Snowden's dad.
    Rand has been in contact with Snowden's dad? Now that's news. Got a link?