Thread: Mexican Military chopper fires on border patrol

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SNippet:
    The incident occurred after midnight and before 6 a.m. Helicopter flew into the U.S. and fired on two U.S. Border Patrol agents. The incident occurred west of the San Miguel Gate on the Tohono O’odham Indian Nation. The agents were unharmed. The helicopter went back into Mexico. Mexico then contacted U.S. authorities and apologized for the incident.
    More at the link: http://benswann.com/mexican-military...patrol-agents/

Another source verifying the story: http://www.kvoa.com/news/mexican-mil...ots-at-agents/

The States need to start securing their own borders, the feds have no intention of protecting us from those crazy people down there.
    Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane, sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The States need to start securing their own borders, the feds have no intention of protecting us from those crazy people down there.
    Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane, sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.
    If it's not apparent yet, the US government and the Mexican government are in alliance together, and are both at war with Arizona and Texas.

Jesus. Send this one to Drudge, someone....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

So....the Border Patrol agents need surface to air missiles then?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No, heck with them, the State Militias should hold the bulk of our firepower. Minimize our standing army, go for more of a Swiss model.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Why are the Mexicans firing at targets on the Tohono Res ? Racists .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Texas has asked for assistance and supposedly has been promised some but I am against the further militarization of police. The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. We pay for them so I don't know the status of that.

Such good neighbors
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Jesus. Send this one to Drudge, someone....
    Nevermind... it's HEADLINED on Drudge now
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Texas has asked for assistance and supposedly has been promised some but I am against the further militarization of police.
    I am too, we need to overhaul all of our defense forces, and go for a tradition American and or Swiss model of militia and military.

The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. We pay for them so I don't know the status of that.
    No, the Texas State Guard is supposed to fill a role more like that at this time. But yes, the State National Guard should be more like that too. Dan Patrick has made some pretty strong promises regarding the border. I don't trust him or believe him.
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-27-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rip the federal funding from all border activities, fire the federal employees and divert all state tax revenue to the property owners so that they can protect their own land.

There was never a problem with the border until the feds started messing around...(This includes their welfare programs)

That and their own personal bearcat with twin 50cal turret mounted machine guns. Oh, and a MacGyver manual on how to twart terrorists.

No. The land owners on the border do.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yes, the Militia is the people.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am too, we need to overhaul all of our defense forces, and go for a tradition American and or Swiss model of militia and military.

No, the Texas State Guard is supposed to fill a role more like that at this time. But yes, the State National Guard should be more like that too. Dan Patrick has made some pretty strong promises regarding the border. I don't trust him or believe him.
    That may be what I meant.

There's probably a lot of state owned land...south Texas is really barren in parts.

\ The State National Guard is supposed to serve as the state militia. .
    No they are not.. State national Guard is a Federal Force. Has been so for many years..

The militia is every person able to bear arms,, and in NO WAY connected to Government. They are supposed to be the Counter to Government.
    They can be requested to aid government (as volunteers) and are only paid while in that service. (Which they can also refuse)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

that is a $#@!ing INVASION

TREASON!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

No they are not.. State national Guard is a Federal Force. Has been so for many years..

The militia is every person able to bear arms,, and in NO WAY connected to Government. They are supposed to be the Counter to Government.
    They can be requested to aid government (as volunteers) and are only paid while in that service. (Which they can also refuse)
    I corrected myself above when William Tell said it was the Texas State Guard which I believe operates as a reserve. There is not a big enough militia to guard the border as far as individuals who can go down there and stay 24/7. We saw that with the Minutemen although yes that would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Rip the federal funding from all border activities, fire the federal employees and divert all state tax revenue to the property owners so that they can protect their own land.

There was never a problem with the border until the feds started messing around...(This includes their welfare programs)
    Yep.

This is the WoD in action- maybe a little retaliation in the crime syndicate?
    There is no spoon.

dammit...if the flow of Tequila gets disrupted, i'm gonna get pissed.

Andy Adame, U.S. Border Patrol Spokesperson:

Early this morning, a Mexican law enforcement helicopter crossed approximately 100 yards north into Arizona nearly 8 miles southwest of the Village of San Miguel on the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation while on a drug interdiction operation near the border. Two shots were fired from the helicopter but no injuries or damage to US property were reported. The incident is currently under investigation.

100 yards over the border, eh? Warning shots (just two and no injuries or damage to property so not intended to harm) to stay away from their target or were they shooting at their suspects who were near the US border agents?

Event was middle of the night- (between midnight and 6am) so maybe could not distinguish that they were US border patrol?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-27-2014 at 02:45 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing to see here folks. It was just an honest mistake in the war on drugs. Friendly fire.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    100 yards over the border, eh? Warning shots (just two and no injuries or damage to property so not intended to harm) to stay away from their target or were they shooting at their suspects who were near the US border agents?

Event was middle of the night- (between midnight and 6am) so maybe could not distinguish that they were US border patrol?
    Try doing that tonight, fire 2 warning shots at somebody and see if you can get away with it like our neighbors down there.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Nothing indicates that the Border Patrol agents felt threatened enough to fire back (or maybe the helicoptor didn't hang around more than a few seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nothing indicates that the Border Patrol agents felt threatened enough to fire back (or maybe the helicoptor didn't hang around more than a few seconds).
    I doubt they had the firepower to take on an armed aircraft.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Both the Mexican Government and the drug lords are insane,
    As are all governments.

sure we should stop the war on drugs, but the criminal types it has empowered will turn to other crime. We need to be able to return fire.
    Yeah, like law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Don't be silly. I would, however, arm them with .50 Barrets with AP rounds. Put one of those through the pilot's head and the bird will have a pretty bad day.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.