Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The case for Randy Brogdon

The case for Randy Brogdon

I truly believe Randy Brogdon is one of the best candidates running for US Senate at the moment.

- 8 years of experience as a conservative State Senator

- Served as an Oklahoma Co-Chair to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign

- With Bridenstine not running, he has no conservative rivals, despite Oklahoma being one of the most conservative states in the union

- This race is an open seat in a red state, so if he gets through the primary, he's won

- Well known among OK Republicans due to his gubernatorial campaigns, has strong Tea Party support

- Lead the charge in Oklahoma to nullify REAL ID

- Drafted and introduced anti-tax legislation such as the Taxpayer Bill of Rights and the Taxpayer Transparency Act

- Introduced a bill to legalize medical marijuana in Oklahoma

- Supports a non-interventionist foreign policy that puts America first

- Opposes NDAA, Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind and the DHS

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He also was a leader in the fight against the nafta superhighway.
    But I have not heard anything about him switching from the Governor's race, to running for Coburn's Senate seat. Do you have a link for this?
    Along with Brogdon, there is a good selection of liberty candidates running here in OK.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I'm confused, is Brogdon running for both Governor and Senator?? I thought he was challenging Fallin?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I'm confused, is Brogdon running for both Governor and Senator?? I thought he was challenging Fallin?
    He switched.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    He also was a leader in the fight against the nafta superhighway.
    But I have not heard anything about him switching from the Governor's race, to running for Coburn's Senate seat. Do you have a link for this?
    Along with Brogdon, there is a good selection of liberty candidates running here in OK.
    http://randybrogdon.com/ The banner on his official website

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    He switched.
    Brogdon made the right move. There is a clearer path to victor for the U.S. senate than the governorship. Fallin has been watching her right flank since taking office. For example, she originally showed support for medicare expansion in Oklahoma, but changed her mind when conservatives spoke out. Brogdon needs support from the conservative interest groups. We need to get FreedomWorks' attention the same way we did for Brannon.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Brogdon made the right move. There is a clearer path to victor for the U.S. senate than the governorship. Fallin has been watching her right flank since taking office. For example, she originally showed support for medicare expansion in Oklahoma, but changed her mind when conservatives spoke out. Brogdon needs support from the conservative interest groups. We need to get FreedomWorks' attention the same way we did for Brannon.
    If 3 of the big 5 (SCF/FW/MP/CFG/TPE) get behind him, he's won.

This is good to see. Sen. Brogdon came down and helped us pitch a Sheriff on the second ride.

Here is what I wrote in the blog

Senator Randy Brogdon even came down. Quite the honor, and quite a guy. Definitely a political animal, and definitely relishes sticking it to the status quo. Listening to him interact with the people going past us into the sheriff office was great. I really like the man and hope the best for his race.
    Go Randy!
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RPH! Great to see you again, it's been a while!

Wow, this must have just recently happened. I was looking at his website just the other day, and none of the liberty folk here in OK had mentioned it to me yet. There is more to this than meets the eye. Wait, watch, and see what happens with the Governor's race as well as CD5. I don't think we'll be disappointed. The filing deadline is still over a month away.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    RPH! Great to see you again, it's been a while!

Wow, this must have just recently happened. I was looking at his website just the other day, and none of the liberty folk here in OK had mentioned it to me yet. There is more to this than meets the eye. Wait, watch, and see what happens with the Governor's race as well as CD5. I don't think we'll be disappointed. The filing deadline is still over a month away.
    I think Mike Turner will run for CD5.

I thought nothing was official?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I thought nothing was official?

https://randybrogdon.com/

Press release announcing his run:

BROGDON ANNOUNCES BID FOR SENATE, OPPOSITION TO MCCONNELL

TULSA, OK - Former Oklahoma Senator Randy Brogdon today officially announced he is running for the United States Senate seat currently held by Sen. Tom Coburn. In his announcement, Brogdon said he will back new Republican leadership to push for the real change needed to save the country from financial ruin.

Brogdon said, “I am running for Senate because I believe our country is in a full-fledged spending crisis, and both Democrats and Republicans are to blame. The Washington tradition of going along to get along has given us a $17 trillion debt and a stagnant economy.” He added, “I’m not going to Washington to manage the mess, I’m going up there to help dismantle it.”

Brogdon made his intention clear to work with others to change Republican leadership in the Senate by saying, “Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has been complicit in growing the scope of government and creating trillions of dollars in new debt. He should resign immediately for the sake of our country’s future, and for the good of the Republican Party. But if we’re both elected, I will do everything in my power to support a true leader to replace him. Unless and until we have a Republican leader willing to stand on our principles, we’ll have no chance of doing what’s needed to save our country from financial ruin.”

Brogdon concluded his announcement by explaining, “It’s not enough to elect people who say the right thing on the campaign trail. It’s time to elect people with the courage to stand up and fight alongside leaders like Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. I pledge to the people of Oklahoma that I will always be a fighter for them. Whether it’s the fight to defund Obamacare or the fight to stop the cycle of debt limit increases, I will not kowtow to President Obama or even the Republican establishment. I will always put Oklahoma taxpayers first.”

Randy Brogdon built a successful small business with his father before serving the citizens of Owasso, Oklahoma as a member of the city council and then as mayor. He subsequently served two successful terms in the Oklahoma State Senate. Randy is known for his fierce opposition to wasteful spending and higher taxes. The Republican primary for U.S. Senate in Oklahoma will take place on June 24, 2014.

###
    http://randybrogdon.com/brogdon-seek...nells-removal/

Brogdon concluded his announcement by explaining, “It’s not enough to elect people who say the right thing on the campaign trail. It’s time to elect people with the courage to stand up and fight alongside leaders like Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. I pledge to the people of Oklahoma that I will always be a fighter for them. Whether it’s the fight to defund Obamacare or the fight to stop the cycle of debt limit increases, I will not kowtow to President Obama or even the Republican establishment. I will always put Oklahoma taxpayers first.”
    No mention of Rand? What a disappointment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    No mention of Rand? What a disappointment.
    I've been trying to emphasize that right-wing people don't like Rand as much anymore because of his stance on the shutdown, immigration stance, and support of McConnell.

He has to ignite the grassroots. That is what will allow him to win. And he has to reverse his current trend NOW.

Oklahoma has an immigration law. If Boehner and Lankford pass amnesty the illegals will be able to sue them even more.

http://madisonproject.com/2014/01/co...e-in-oklahoma/
    Lankford:
    “I wouldn’t prohibit forever (people from getting citizenship). I’m a Christian, and restitution and reconciliation’s a big deal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ate-93215.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HB1804

Oklahoma House Bill 1804, officially known as the Oklahoma Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act 2007, is a strict anti-illegal immigration law introduced by State Representative Randy Terrill, a Republican from Moore, OK.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

James Lankford 37%
    T.W. Shannon 28%
    Randy Brogdon 7%

http://pos.org/documents/ok_sen_march_release.pdf

James Lankford 37%
    T.W. Shannon 28%
    Randy Brogdon 7%

http://pos.org/documents/ok_sen_march_release.pdf
    Yeah, looks like the Palin endorsement of Shannon screwed up Brogdon's candidacy.

What was Brogdon polling at before. Was there many polls in the time since he switched to the Senate race?
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

These polling numbers probably reflect him not really actively campaigning on a statewide basis yet. Hopefully that will change, and soon.

edit: This is the first poll I've seen that has included Brogdon.

The endorsement train better get rolling for Brogdon. The Tea Party groups can have a strong influence in this state.

Bump.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Bump.
    It's over. We lost.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Brogdon doesn't have a shot. He is polling under 10% in all polling, and TW Shannon has sucked up all of the support from outside conservative groups. Brogdon should be dropping out and waiting for a better opportunity.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Regarding Brogdon's low polling numbers:

http://m.krmg.com/news/news/local/da...senate-/nf9JK/

He argues that his supporters aren't the type who generally respond to pollsters, and points out that his poll number when he ran for governor (2010) were around 14 percent, but when the ballots were counted, he got nearly 40 percent.
    Please do not write Brogdon's campaign off yet!

In another thread, someone had asked what was wrong with shannon, remarking that he seemed to have a good record. I had said that it was what wasn't in his record that was important, and that his behind the scenes actions make him no true friend of liberty. In this interview, Brogdon calls shannon out on this quite nicely, and I'm sure he's done this in other media appearances as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mpiVjevVA

How much will it hurt Brogdon if he makes Shannon go to a runoff? He can use it as a platform for a House run. Is the OK Governor term limited or likely to retire in 2018?
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:

It's over. We lost.
    No it's not, and your sig is now pathetic Chris McDaniel is good, But the others are gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast