Thread: GOP punishes Thomas Massie for being anti-war

Thumbs down GOP punishes Thomas Massie for being anti-war

The Republican leadership, however, which can tolerate any apostasy as long as it does not threaten its sacred cows of war and Wall Street, has come down hard on Massie for behaving in the best tradition of Kentucky Republicans.

“I have paid a price,” he says, with an I’d-do-it-again-in-a-minute smile. “They have extracted their pound of flesh. All of the things they can do to you they have done to me.”

Such as?

“Call up donors and tell them to quit giving money to you. Block your legislation. They’ve been kicking around in my district trying to find someone to run against me in the primary.” They even swiped from Massie the chairmanship of the Technology and Innovation Subcommittee, a position one might think befits a holder of 29 patents and two MIT degrees.

This is what happens to independent men who refuse to be neutered on Capitol Hill.

https://www.theamericanconservative....t-extinct-yet/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scumbag Neocons.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Scumbag D&R party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Go ahead, sheep. Stop donating. We'll just throw a money bomb for one of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Go ahead, sheep. Stop donating. We'll just throw a money bomb for one of our own.
    You and who else? I think Massie is the best! I don't think RPF has any moneybomb gas left in its tank.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"they" called me at my place of work hundreds of times, "they" threatened my family and friends and generally tried to gaslight me and make me kill myself. I had to quit my job just to get away from it. I can only imagine what other people have gone through and not talked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    "they" called me at my place of work hundreds of times, "they" threatened my family and friends and generally tried to gaslight me and make me kill myself. I had to quit my job just to get away from it. I can only imagine what other people have gone through and not talked about it.
    Could you explain this more? Are you talking about something that happened because you donated to Massie's campaigns?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Could you explain this more? Are you talking about something that happened because you donated to Massie's campaigns?
    I don't know that it was Massie that they targeted me for I have mostly donated to Ron and Rand Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I don't know that it was Massie that they targeted me for I have mostly donated to Ron and Rand Paul.
    I'm not trying to pry into something private if that's what this is. But are you sure that whatever happened to you was related to politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I'm not trying to pry into something private if that's what this is. But are you sure that whatever happened to you was related to politics?
    I have lived a very private life, if it wasn't politically motivated then someone with a lot of resources wanted me dead and wanted me to think it was politically motivated.

$#@! those $#@!s.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    You and who else? I think Massie is the best! I don't think RPF has any moneybomb gas left in its tank.
    Thanks, Debbie.