Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul California campus tour! UC Berkeley, UCLA, & CSU Chico State back 2 back 2 back!

I hope the organizers ask the Crowds is consider donating to the Campaign at the Official Website. We really need New Supporters and Donors.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    I hope the organizers ask the Crowds is consider donating to the Campaign at the Official Website. We really need New Supporters and Donors.
    Yeah, that's good.

But we need commitments that people will show up for the delegate process. Drawing crowds like these, if they manage to do so, could mean that establishment GOPers could be dumped out of every chairmanship in California.

IF THESE PEOPLE WILL SHOW UP TO THE DELEGATE CONVENTIONS

Keep in mind you're talking about cheap college students like myself. Donating is fine but it's not gonna do any good if we let the establishment sweep the delegates.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    I love The Beatles. There isn't a band out there that has anywhere near the universal appeal of them. I like music of all kinds but let me tell you that if some around here were to pick the band or group or artist I can guaran-effing-tee you I would skeedaddle the first chance i got to do so politely..or not show up at all. After 30 years in the inner city nothing is more annoying to me than having to endure someone else's musical tastes. Name me one modern band/artist/group that appeals to 20 year olds and 65 year olds. You can't. They are all demographic hawgz who create and play for specific sub groups of the counter cultures.

Rev9

Revolution9,

Maybe one of us could watch your seat for you until it was safe to come in.

I hear you though. Each generation has its own music that will be their music for the rest of their lives.

We wouldn't want to set through something that sounds like someones boombox in traffic. (I can handle pretty much anything live though. Even Accordion! )

On the other hand music does bring people together. It would be all right with me if it was used to pull off a summer of Ron Paul rallies world wide. It is just that important to get a man of peace elected to office. Even if many of them turned out to be less of a Ron Paul rally and more of a music event, it would be fine with me.

As for getting musicians to play at Free Concerts. We can't rule out Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney because I don't think they even been ask yet. I'm not sure of their party affiliations but it doesn't really matter. Ron Paul is the only option for peace. The Smothers Brothers play in the bay area. They have always appealed to everyone I can think of. I don't think they've been ask.

Realistically if rallies were to spring up all summer I would think local bands would fill the bill best. Every band is a local band somewhere. For us here in the San Francisco Bay Area Cyndi Harvell could fill the bill. I saw her at the Gilroy Garlic Festival and everyone seemed to be pretty content. Most of us were pigging out at the time.

Doobie Brothers are also near by. But like I said before; all bands are local somewhere. Another Summer of music could be the word of mouth it is going to take to put a man of peace in the Whitehouse.

Ron Paul

Our hope for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Revolution9,

Maybe one of us could watch your seat for you until it was safe to come in.

I hear you though. Each generation has its own music that will be their music for the rest of their lives.

We wouldn't want to set through something that sounds like someones boombox in traffic. (I can handle pretty much anything live though. Even Accordion! )

On the other hand music does bring people together. It would be all right with me if it was used to pull off a summer of Ron Paul rallies world wide. It is just that important to get a man of peace elected to office. Even if many of them turned out to be less of a Ron Paul rally and more of a music event, it would be fine with me.

As for getting musicians to play at Free Concerts. We can't rule out Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney because I don't think they even been ask yet. I'm not sure of their party affiliations but it doesn't really matter. Ron Paul is the only option for peace. The Smothers Brothers play in the bay area. They have always appealed to everyone I can think of. I don't think they've been ask.

Realistically if rallies were to spring up all summer I would think local bands would fill the bill best. Every band is a local band somewhere. For us here in the San Francisco Bay Area Cyndi Harvell could fill the bill. I saw her at the Gilroy Garlic Festival and everyone seemed to be pretty content. Most of us were pigging out at the time.

Doobie Brothers are also near by. But like I said before; all bands are local somewhere. Another Summer of music could be the word of mouth it is going to take to put a man off peace in the Whitehouse.

Ron Paul

Our hope for peace.

Right. Proof of my argument. I DO NOT want to watch a female folk singer with an acoustic guitar who plays with a frikkin' pick no less..and no dress sense. Neither does Grandma. I would rather watch Lawrence Welk if you can't book The Beatles' corpses... and Ringo. That is if ol' Lawrence ain't a pushin' up daisies himself. And safe for me??? You little bitch. I eat danger fer breafix and was rockin' while you were $#@!ting mustard in yer pampers.. So you can cut it with the cutting edge counter culture rejoinder. I created counter culture...and not by my lonesome either..but that is the drift.

ETA: I put on a 14 hour rock, comedy and speakers show on the 700th anniversary of the Knight Templars Friday the 13th bust in 08 for RP. But I have enough goddamned sense to know that if Ron was going to speak i would have no distractions nor need them as an attraction. The Man is there..what would be the use of spotlight hogs or ego trippers??

Rev9
    Last edited by Revolution9; 04-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Please someone that attends the Chico State Rally tonight report back on the event and if at all possible videotape the speech and the gathering.

Take pictures. I think the crowd is going to shock a lot of people....

Imagine this at the rally...

and then a pause...

And on came everyone's candidate for Peace Ron Paul with his hands up and waving the way he does!
    Last edited by Carson; 04-03-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Impatient and still no news from the rally. I fired up the Googler and found this.

(Go straight to UN-butchered version

Ron Paul Campaign Continues to Roll On Despite GOP Opposition and Media Silence

Robert Taylor
    in
    Politics,
    2012 Elections
    Follow this Topic
    1 day ago

6 Comments

Ron Paul campaign still strong as he seeks to change politics despite GOP opposition and media silence

Congressman Ron Paul delivering a speech in 2010. http://www.flickr.com/photos/paisleypitbull/6600234869/(Great picture! Worth a click.)
    Share on Facebook

As much as the GOP elites would like to ignore his ongoing campaign, Congressman Ron Paul is not going anywhere. While flying largely under the radar, Paul is bringing his campaign — and this, his message — all over the country, drawing young crowds (though they’re slowly getting grayer) who are sick of the Left-Right status quo. Although I firmly believe Paul should run third-party, the soft-spoken doctor seems to be more than happy to be ignored by the media as long as he gets his message across.

Just last week, in Madison, Wisconsin, 5,200 people showed up to hear Paul speak in 40 degree weather. All around the country, there has been a similar trend: everywhere he goes, stadiums are packed, ...

Snip...

Despite this lack of attention, it doesn’t seem to bother him. He’s too busy trying to “save the Republican Party” instead of taking cheap shots at the current president. “The truth is, I’m trying to save the Republican Party from themselves because they want perpetual wars,

Snip...

And the more Paul travels across the country, speaking at college campuses, the more support from millennials will be withdrawn from Obama and liberal progressivism in general. Next week, Paul will make three California stops at Cal State Chico, UCLA, and UC Berkeley (which I will attend!).

Snip...

UN-butchered version:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/63.../category_list

Media says 'hundreds' gathered at Chico state-- note from how light it was, this picture had to be hours before the event (it is dark):

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/30829674/detail.html
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Media says 'hundreds' gathered at Chico state-- note from how light it was, this picture had to be hours before the event (it is dark):

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/30829674/detail.html
    Thanks for the news sailingaway.

Looks good. They look packed in a little tight.

there were a lot more behind the stage where you can't see them, and apparently some climbed a tree behind him to see better, worrying police. It is in the other thread with the DP pictures.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    there were a lot more behind the stage where you can't see them, and apparently some climbed a tree behind him to see better, worrying police. It is in the other thread with the DP pictures.
    http://instagr.am/p/I-z3uhRsux/

this is NOT CALIFORNIA but when looking for Ca I found this one I hadn't seen of Ron's Wisconsin event last week:

Last edited by sailingaway; 04-03-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Has anyone put out an estimate of the number of people in attendance?

You must mean this one;

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...om-Chico-state

With a link to the Daily Paul article that has a list of pictures links that can be clicked on. Thanks again sailingaway.;

http://www.dailypaul.com/224583/live...here-to-follow

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    a prior one said 'hundreds' at which I snort. This one says 'at least 3,000': Big Chico crowd hears Ron Paul http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_20320...hears-ron-paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    Check this out!

Anthony Terrell @AnthonyNBCNews
    Obviously I wasnt there but @RonPaul press team says Paul drew over 6,200 ppl to townhall at Cal State-Chico tonight - "Biggest Ever"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I can't believe Anthony Terrell's still putting out tweets on the Paul campaign even though he was the last pulled reporter. Thanks Anthony

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rogan for intro fools.

Woot! I tweeted the Chico crowd picture from above directly to Dave Weigel (he was tweeting about Ron getting twice as much as Gingrich in WI) and he retweeted it to his 58,000 + followers!

daveweigel @daveweigel retweeted to 58,107 followers:

usernamenuse sailing
    @daveweigel @pemalevy #RonPaul rally tonight in Chico, CA distilleryimage9.instagram.com/149e2ad07e0011…

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    One word: Amazing

a prior one said 'hundreds' at which I snort. This one says 'at least 3,000': Big Chico crowd hears Ron Paul http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_20320...hears-ron-paul
    62 'hundreds' lol.

Hey, i'm a member of the rp meetup here in town. We have a really good meetup, about 20-30 people always show up for pizza n beer every other friday night.
    We're pretty active in tabling, handing out info and sign waving. Some of us are even trying to become delegates(even if romney wins the popular vote, we will be secret delegates and become unbound when the time is right).

So I went to this at CSUC and it was easilly 1000+ people if not more. Each section was like 100+ people and there were at least 10-12 sections of those, not including outskirt areas and people that were up by food tables, buildings, etc. My estimate was about 1,200 - 1,5000. Just before the sun went down it was VERY packed and the entire area was filled. Under the trees(which is harder to see, there were at least 200 people. I was near one of the speakers to the side of Ron, pretty close but I didn't get to shake his hand. It wasn't a huge deal, just getting to see him was cool enough. He was great and has a ton of energy for doing all of this touring. He's an amazingly fit guy! Hopefully I will be that fit when I get to be late 70s.

Lots of cheering and people who knew the issues. I arrived at about 5:50 and there were already hundreds of people and the front stage area of the grass was full! I had to be on the side, luckilly I got a good spot about only 15 feet from Ron. We had two of our meetup guys who are members of YAL do some of the warm-up speaking, talking about Ron a bit, they did fine. Then Ron came walking down a pathway/isle and he started speaking at about 7:07pm and spoke for a good 45-50 minutes! He really got the crowd going, cheering and even booing at some of the stupid things obama has done. Ron did great!

Then he shook hands with a lot of people for about 10 minutes and went back into a side door to re-group and probably plan his dinner or take off for socal. Not sure what he did because I didn't stick around and didn't have a backstage pass like the YAL guys did.

Chico is a great town for school but not as cool as SoCal(i've lived there too) but it's still one of the nicer places up north and has lots of cute girls, politically minded people, etc.

I can answer any questions if people want to know anything else. Will check back here off and on tonight. I forgot my camera but others took pics and EVERYONE HAD A CAMERA. LOL

Edit: our news just said, thousands showed up. ;]

We only found out saturday that he was coming and didn't have a lot of time to prepare. Tv media did report on sunday and monday that he would be coming, which is good. The ER newspaper also reported he would be coming.
    Last edited by csu1987; 04-03-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csu1987 View Post
    Hey, i'm a member of the rp meetup here in town. We have a really good meetup, about 20-30 people always show up for pizza n beer every other friday night.
    We're pretty active in tabling, handing out info and sign waving. Some of us are even becoming delegates(even if romney wins, we will be secret delegates and become unbound when the time is right).

So I went to this at CSUC and it was easilly 1000+ people if not more. Each section was like 100+ people and there were at least 10-12 of those, not including outskirts and people that were up by food tables, buildings, etc. My estimate was about 1,200 - 1,5000. Just before the sun went down it was VERY packed and the entire area was filled. Under the trees(which is harder to see, there were at least 200 people. I was near one of the speakers to the side of ron, pretty close but I didn't get to shake his hand. It wasn't a huge deal, just getting to see him was cool enough. He was great and has a ton of energy for doing all of this touring. He's an amazingly fit guy! Hopefully I will be that fit when I get to be late 70s.

Lots of cheering and people who knew the issues. I arrived at about 5:50 and there were already hundreds of people and the front stage area of the grass was full! I had to be on the side, luckilly I got a good spot about only 15 feet from ron.

Chico is a great town for school but not as cool as SoCal(i've lived there too) but it's still one of the nicer places up north and has lots of cute girls, politically minded people, etc.

I can answer any questions if people want to know anything else. Will check back here off and on tonight. I forgot my camera

Edit: our news just said, thousands showed up. ;]
    +rep and welcome to the forums! Apparently it was 6200 and a new record this campaign (Rally for the Republic was more in 2008 but that was known about for a month, not a few days in advance!)

Wednesday's location has changed: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/04/0...-paul-at-ucla/

From DailyPaul.com

****Wednesday, April 4, 2012****

"Due to the overwhelming RSVPs for this event, we've moved to a larger location."

8:30 p.m. (Be early)
    Town Hall Meeting w/ Ron Paul
    University of California, Los Angeles

Straus Stadium at the Los Angeles Tennis Center (LATC)
    420 Charles E. Young Drive West
    Los Angeles, CA 90095

The town hall with Ron Paul will now take place at Straus Stadium at the Los Angeles Tennis Center (LATC).

If you already pre-registered, you do not need to sign up again. Your initial ticket voucher will still work. Also, you can enter the venue as early as 7:30 PM. Doors will open to the general public at 8:00 PM".

I got this updated information from my email that I registered with for the event. If others that are going to UCLA event can confirm just to be safe that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

+rep and welcome to the forums! Apparently it was 6200 and a new record this campaign (Rally for the Republic was more in 2008 but that was known about for a month, not a few days in advance!)
    Was it? lol God I am way off with my number crunching. It very well could have been a few thousand. I am looking at some of the pics posted on here and trying to count some of the people and doing some estimates. you could very well be right. It definitely was packed!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was it? lol God I am way off with my number crunching. It very well could have been a few thousand. I am looking at some of the pics posted on here and trying to count some of the people and doing some estimates. you could very well be right. It definitely was packed!
    I am so excited for this Thursday! I will be at the Berkeley event! It's good to hear from someone who was at the event tonight!!!
    I got an early seating voucher for the event, so I'm assuming if the event gets too big, eventbrite will let me know?

I am skipping school and getting off work early to go...

I swear if I get to shake Paul's hand I will probably cry! I wonder if I hug him, will I get in trouble?

Woodstocks? Drink a Torpedo for me!

(and then repeat at the Bear and LaSalles...)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Woodstocks? Drink a Torpedo for me!

(and then repeat at the Bear and LaSalles...)
    Haha they were actually at mtn. mikes pizza but woodstocks is GOOD. Yeah the bear and lasalles, been there many hundreds of times. =)

We're actually moving our meetup to another pizza place for now on. Pm me if you live around here and want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    I am so excited for this Thursday! I will be at the Berkeley event! It's good to hear from someone who was at the event tonight!!!
    I got an early seating voucher for the event, so I'm assuming if the event gets too big, eventbrite will let me know?

I am skipping school and getting off work early to go...

I swear if I get to shake Paul's hand I will probably cry! I wonder if I hug him, will I get in trouble?
    Cool! Well i'm sure it will be huge. Make sure you get the word out, ok?

They probably won't let you hug him, a friend of mine got a low-five though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast