Thread: MA court makes getting a no-knock easy.

MA court makes getting a no-knock easy.

A Residence With Locking Doors And A Working Toilet Is All That's Needed To Justify A No-Knock Warrant

A Massachusetts court decision posted by the extremely essential FourthAmendment.com shows just how little it takes to obtain a no-knock warrant. The probable cause provided to obtain the no-knock warrant was ridiculous, but it wasn't challenged by the magistrate who signed off on the request.
    In fact, this decision possibly makes the situation worse. The court notes that many of the assertions made by the police in support of the no-knock application aren't solely applicable to the presumed destruction of evidence. The apartment's "small size" would supposedly make it "easier" for the suspect to destroy evidence during the serving of a normal warrant.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome back to the Hitler's Third Reich.

, ,

Shouldn't they be afraid of the person holding the AR-15 or shotgun on the other side of the door they are breaking down?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Shouldn't they be afraid of the person holding the AR-15 or shotgun on the other side of the door they are breaking down?
    Not when they come in at four am....

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Not when they come in at four am....
    I dunno, that's when I sometimes get ready for bed.

I dunno, that's when I sometimes get ready for bed.
    I suspect that they know that and will make an exception in your case doc. Expect them to bust in after you crash.

I suspect that they know that and will make an exception in your case doc. Expect them to bust in after you crash.
    My two Dobermans would wake me up well before they even got in the yard.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, with one of those, you can sit back and say, "Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin."

Yeah, with one of those, you can sit back and say, "Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin."
    Yeah, with one of those you can say "come on, give me your best shot screws"....

Yeah, with one of those you can say "come on, give me your best shot screws"....
    I can just hear Jimmy Cagney saying that.

And then there's the moat setup that could put a wrench in their gears.

I can just hear Jimmy Cagney saying that.
    yeah that's where i got it....

When the citizenry becomes tired of this behavior they'll start laying traps ...

That or hunting down the perpetrators in their homes....
    Last edited by tod evans; 04-25-2015 at 02:48 PM.

LoL

"...I'm on top o' the world ma..."

, ,

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    When the citizenry becomes tired of this behavior they'll start laying traps ...

That should be expected. Remember.... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." They started it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Now that would be fitting for sure!

One way or the other, there will be knocking.