Thread: NYPD tweet chief..."People off their meds r losing it &wlking into police bullets."

NYPD tweet chief..."People off their meds r losing it &wlking into police bullets."

Dang bullets are just flying around, going about their business, when boom, someone that's mentally ill steps in front of one.

A tweet by the NYPD's Twitter guru created a brief social media revolt on Monday.

The tweet — "People off their meds r losing it &wlking into police bullets" — by Zachary Tumin, deputy commissioner of strategic initiatives, referred to a report that said a lack of mental health services has led to more mentally ill people being killed by police across the country.

"As a consequence of the failed mental illness treatment system, an increasing number of individuals with untreated serious mental illness are encountering law enforcement officers, sometimes with tragic results," said the executive summary of the joint report by the Treatment Advocacy Center and National Sheriffs' Association.

The report concluded, based on "multiple informal studies and accounts," that more than half the people shot and killed by police in the United States have mental health issues. It also found one-third of fatal police shootings were so-called "suicide by cop."

Tumin tweeted: "This is a real problem, evrywhre. via @ThisIsFusion People off their meds r losing it &wlking into police bullets. http://www.tacreports.org/justifiable-homicides ..."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2135361

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "As a consequence of the failed mental illness treatment system, an increasing number of individuals with untreated serious mental illness are encountering law enforcement officers, sometimes with tragic results,"
    Then again, so are the perfectly sane.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I really hate to be the grammar police, but seriously?

...Perhaps it is not that they are off their meds, but are in fact over medicated? Also did the report happen to mention anything about lack of police accountability, inadequate police training, the determinable causes as to why so many people are becoming mentally ill, and the like?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I know it's srs bizness, but the way that story is written makes me lol. Kinda reads like an Onion piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I wonder if this stalwart public servant...er ruler of society has the same concerns with steroid abuse by his department?

As a side note...You have to wonder if mental health in general has worsened in the long run by taking these so called medications?? Once someone elects to get off them on their own, there seems to be a severe downward spiral toward hopelessness. It seems that the average Joe, has something happen in their life, such as losing a job, maybe marital problems and he or she is feeling the blues, so they ask their practitioner for some help.

Then they walk around on cloud nine for a while but find that after period of time, maybe they are not sleeping as well as before or maybe their sex life is affected. So they ask their practitioner for some more help and he suggests another brand of happy pill...rinse and repeat until the average Joe finally realizes that maybe these happy pills aren't needed any more. So he quits them and voila the next week, he shoots up his family or hangs himself. IMO, SSRI's are one of the banes of society.

ETA: The police state is another bane. And two banes together don't make a right.
    Last edited by Cap; 03-05-2015 at 07:44 AM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

When you're above the law you can talk any way you like.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

re-training the police will fix this.

"This is a real problem, evrywhre. via @ThisIsFusion People off their meds r losing it &wlking into police bullets."
    Eric "Evil" Frein said something similar.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the police are mentally ill, egotistical, thrill junkies with something to prove.

Seems people are beating up cop's fists with their faces an awful lot, as well.