Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Man Being Forced To Pay $30k In Child Support [to the state] For A Kid That's Not His

Detroit Man Being Forced To Pay $30k In Child Support [to the state] For A Kid That's Not His

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But, but............The children.....

A friend of mine has to pay on a kid that's not his because he "BASTARDIZED" the child when he realized that it wasn't his and left his ex to fend for the child herself.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Justice.

war on men. the woman commits fraud on welfare benefits, but he's the one responsible....
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

You can't hate this or else you're a woman hater.

And people wonder why some men, especially nowadays, fear commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    war on men. the woman commits fraud on welfare benefits, but he's the one responsible....
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'm glad the ex is at least trying to help him.

Do you have to name a father to get benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Do you have to name a father to get benefits?
    For some things, like applying for TANF which is a cash benefit, yes. Things like foodstamps probably not. In the case of TANF, once you name the father, the state gives you monthly checks and just puts it on dads running tab. The state can then dock pay, summons to appear, and ultimately jail for contempt if dad avoids the bill.
    Last edited by presence; 10-26-2014 at 03:01 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    For some things, like applying for TANF which is a cash benefit, yes. Things like foodstamps probably not. In the case of TANF, once you name the father, the state gives you monthly checks and just puts it on his tab.
    How, I had no idea. Do you know if the Mother has to prove who the father is or do they just take her word for it?

How, I had no idea. Do you know if the Mother has to prove who the father is or do they just take her word for it?
    apparently not going by the OP
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I'm not sure how that works.... try here:

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/pdf/ms/forms/18_334.pdf

"Barack Obama is the father of my child"
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    No, that wouldn't work. The nobility isn't subject to the same laws as we serfs, you silly person.
    Last edited by Inkblots; 10-26-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    LMAO

But wouldn't he be the Baby Daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    No, that wouldn't work. The nobility isn't subject to the same laws as we serfs, you silly person.
    Yes, this...now, move along...

So, tired of the patriarchy.

Forcing that woman to lie! just to get free money. What a horrible experience for her.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The situation is actually even more f-ed up than the erroneous headline implies. Listen to the whole clip, the state wants $30k from him to cover the cost of welfare benefits that were fraudulently taken out in his name by a woman who openly admits she conducted the fraud - a fraud which she perpetrated by falsely claiming he was the father. A second act of fraud was committed by the process server, who indicated the court papers were served-but-refused, when in fact the man was in jail at the time and thus not at the address where the server claimed they were refused. There was an additional $70k in child support which has apparently been lifted, but they still want the $30k.

It's nice that the mother is trying to help clear his name, but shouldn't the state be going after HER for defrauding the state?

The argument they're making against the not-dad is literally "Your ex defrauded us, and we fell for it, and now you're gonna pay."

I'm glad a lawyer stepped up to help him.

DETROIT, MI -- A Michigan man could go to jail for failing to pay child support. But the child he's accused of not paying for isn't even his, according to WXYZ in Detroit.

Carnell Alexander walked into the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice Friday, knowing in moments he could lose his freedom. Though DNA tests have proven the child isn't his, Alexander still owes more than $30,000 to the state because the child's mother used his name as the father to get welfare benefits.

Under Michigan law, that means Alexander owes child support. But an attorney who saw Alexander's story on the news wanted to help.

"I'm just trying to help him with his future," said attorney Cherika Harris.

"I'm almost homeless. I'm almost in jail. I am out of work," said Alexander. "My money is being threatened to be taken."

Alexander says the law needs to be changed, so when this happens -- as it often does -- other men don't become dad by default.

"We can be defaulted into being a father of a child that is not ours," he said. "I don't understand that law, but it is the law in place."

At court on Friday, Alexander wasn't sent to jail. But his case does remain open.

http://6abc.com/news/man-may-be-jail...nt-his/490355/

I would never pay a damned cent to the single mother of a bastard abomination. This deserves a Killdozer.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Another blow against the patriarchy! If it wasn't for feminists, who would extort the men?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Another blow against the patriarchy! If it wasn't for feminists, who would extort the men?
    Other men.
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Other men.
    Men are the ones largely responsible for feminism, though. We men are to blame for feminism, not women.

Judge Orders Detroit Man To Pay $30K In Child Support — Even Though He’s Not The Father

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) - A Detroit man has been ordered to pay $30,000 in back child support for his ex-girlfriend’s child — even though he’s not the father.

Carnell Alexander brought his case to Wayne County Circuit Court with hopes for a fix. Instead, Judge Kathleen McCarthy told him Tuesday he waited too long to challenge the situation and “failed to take this matter seriously.”

Alexander said the paternity case started in the 1980s when the woman gave his name to a case worker so she could get assistance for her baby, who was born in 1987.

The woman agrees that Alexander wasn’t the father and a DNA test taken in 2013 backs that up. But that wasn’t enough to sway McCarthy, who ruled that despite the case being decades old, Alexander still has to pay.

More challenges are planned. Alexander’s lawyer Cherika Harris said an arrest warrant due to unpaid child support has since been dropped.

“To continue to harass and burden him to pay for a child that is not his, when they know who the real father is now, I don’t understand this,” Harris told WXYZ-TV.

Alexander said he first learned he was considered a deadbeat dad during a traffic stop when an officer told him there was a warrant for his arrest.

He was accused of ignoring an earlier summons in the paternity case. Alexander said he was in prison when the process server appeared at his father’s home.
    “I had no knowledge that I had a child support case against me,” he said.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/02/...ot-the-father/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Men are the ones largely responsible for feminism, though. We men are to blame for feminism, not women.
    Never saw this, but that is laughable. No doubt men play a large part in it, but it sounds like even you are making women to be the victims and men to be the aggressors even in the realm of feminism. Are you a closet self-hating feminist or something?
    We Must Dissent.

And on topic, this is absolute bull$#@! and further proves that across this nation, family courts continue to $#@! fathers with a pointy gavel. Where's the sympathy from the community for this guy? The outrage? Can we get a slogan or some tee shirts in support?

No?
    We Must Dissent.

This is why, if I had to do it all over again, I would never had applied for a marriage license. The state enters into your marriage as a third party.

In reality it is a sick and twisted ménage à trois. It was always about control.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Instead, Judge Kathleen McCarthy told him Tuesday he waited too long to challenge the situation and “failed to take this matter seriously.”
    LOL @ "Jury of your peers".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL @ "Jury of your peers".
    Let Maury Povich be the judge for the day and let him help find the real baby daddy.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Never saw this, but that is laughable. No doubt men play a large part in it, but it sounds like even you are making women to be the victims and men to be the aggressors even in the realm of feminism. Are you a closet self-hating feminist or something?
    What I meant is quite the opposite of what you seemed to glean; it is because men have become weak, pathetic and increasingly separated from our aggressive nature that feminism has risen.

Women of course, are victims of feminism. Having an ideology that says you should be attracted to boot-licking, head-nodding, pussified beta-males when they have a biology that rejects all of that is a terrible place to be. Feminists say "patriarchy hurts men too", but as per usual for feminists, they have it totally backward; it's feminism that hurts women too. Despite this, I certainly won't claim that they're the main victims; that spot is held by men, no doubt.

What I will claim is that men are the cause, as we are with all political ideologies. Women are a tribal animal that soaks up the ideologies of the people around them; that's why women on campus tend to be so liberal. When they fall in love with a man, they start to move toward his point of view, not necessarily because it's a reasoned, rational position, but because she's in love with him. It is inevitably men who are the vanguards of "socially acceptable" ideologies. If modern men weren't such capitulating, sniveling little $#@!wads, feminism wouldn't have anywhere near the kind of universal cultural penetration it has. Mass rejection of feminist ideology by men would've left it relegated to a curiosity instead of the all-encompassing cultural cancer it is. Without the mass-conversion of men to feminist ideas, it would've been a single generational novelty that would've flared out long ago.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 02-20-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast