Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan becomes 10th state to legalize recreational marijuana

Michigan becomes 10th state to legalize recreational marijuana

Michigan Voters Just Approved Full Marijuana Legalization

By Kyle Jaeger
    November 6, 2018

Michigan voters approved a measure to fully legalize marijuana on Tuesday, making it the first state in the Midwest to allow retail cannabis sales for adults 21 and older.

With 50 percent of precincts reporting, the initiative, Proposal 1, has passed, ABC News has projected.

“This is yet another historic election for the movement to end marijuana prohibition,” Marijuana Policy Project executive director Steve Hawkins said in a statement to Marijuana Moment. “Voters have once again sent a message loud and clear that it is time to legalize and regulate marijuana.”

“The victory in Michigan highlights just how widespread support is for marijuana policy reform.”

Under the new law, adults will be allowed to possess, buy and consume marijuana, and each individual can cultivate up to 12 plants for personal use. Adults may possess up to 10 ounces of cannabis at their residence.

read more:
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/mich...-legalization/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    North Dakota rejected recreational, but medical initiatives passed in Missouri and Utah.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/miss...juana-measure/

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/utah...mpromise-deal/

There are now 33 medical cannabis states.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    "each individual can cultivate up to 12 plants for personal use. Adults may possess up to 10 ounces of cannabis at their residence.
    I don't get it.... if you grow 12 plants, won't you have more than 10 ounces?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    There is harvested and not harvested, cured and not cured.

Even though legalized in many states, its still highly regulated, far more than what a lot of us here can imagine.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Even though legalized in many states, its still highly regulated, far more than what a lot of us here can imagine.
    So are they going to require you to tell them when you are harvesting?

So are they going to require you to tell them when you are harvesting?
    Its not supposed to make sense to reasonable people, its the state man.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Plants tend to get 1/2 oz - 3oz indoors, so you could end up with less than 10 ounces if you had a smaller plant with tighter buds, but certainly could end up with more.

Outdoors of course you can get them huge and harvest into the pounds per plant.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's just like in Missouri, it says you will be allowed to have 6 flowering plants. I take that as meaning you may also have groups of plants that are not flowering, because you have to give them so long before you even know what gender they are... and yes, 6 flowering plants allowed, but only 4 oz of medicine (stash) in home.
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And understandably so. Imagine if people were allowed to grow as many plants as they wanted.

It would be chaos.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The fact that they limit how many oz you can have, how many plants, and safes required for locking up anything more than 2.5 oz, I don't think this falls under full legalization.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

And 321 Ohio militarize it's border with Michigan...no perceptible change
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Government should not have any say in growing for personal use. Regulation is going to lead to taxation.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

All this legalization & yet the fed doesn't de-schedule.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Huxley
    There's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training.
    Not only is the government pacifying us, they're making us think this republic is still responsive to We, the People. And yet, this just encourages us to keep something around the house even though Washington reserves the right to kick in our doors, confiscate all our wealth and make us unpersons for having it.

Is this progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not only is the government pacifying us, they're making us think this republic is still responsive to We, the People. And yet, this just encourages us to keep something around the house even though Washington reserves the right to kick in our doors, confiscate all our wealth and make us unpersons for having it.

Is this progress?
    It's a nothingburger

Moving deck chairs around...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    updated US map

Still can't quite drive across the country.. unless you get on a ferry in Illinois and go to Michigan.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-07-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    The fact that they limit how many oz you can have, how many plants, and safes required for locking up anything more than 2.5 oz, I don't think this falls under full legalization.
    Do you see the map that was posted? Decriminalization means you get a fine for possessing small amounts, and usually everything else is still illegal.

Legalization means if a cop stops you and you have a joint, or a gram of herb, they cannot arrest or fine you.

That is why people tend to support legalization bills, because if a cop smells weed in your house or your car they cannot use that as a reason to mess with you or search your $#@! because it no longer carries reasonable suspicion of a crime.

They just cut down 400,000 plants near my house, and they have been shutting down a lot of "illegal grows". But guess what? Not one arrest has been made, nobody has gone to jail. That's something.. not optimal, but better than it was.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-07-2018 at 11:22 AM.

North Dakota rejected recreational, but medical initiatives passed in Missouri and Utah.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/miss...juana-measure/

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/utah...mpromise-deal/

There are now 33 medical cannabis states.
    My quick read of it was that a lot of initiatives that included heavy taxes passed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Still can't quite drive across the country.. unless you get on a fairy in Illinois and go to Michigan.
    I've never met the homosexual gentleman who could swim that far.
    We believe our lying eyes...

And taxed. Heavily.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Reading the comments.

Yeah this sucks. Put it back the way it was. Am I right? No room for baby steps when you're changing minds.

Meanwhile here in Georgia we're changing Sunday alcohol sale laws one county/municipality at a time, I'm celebrating every victory, one county at a time. Guess I don't really fit in with the instant gratification crowd.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-07-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Reading the comments.

Yeah this sucks. Put it back the way it was. Am I right? No room for baby steps when you're changing minds.

Meanwhile here in Georgia we're changing Sunday alcohol sale laws one county/municipality at a time, I'm celebrating every victory, one county at a time. Guess I don't really fit in with the instant gratification crowd.
    /s

Ya, sorry if I don't want to go to jail for having a joint......sorry if I don't want my 4th amendment bypassed for having weed on me..

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you see the map that was posted? Decriminalization means you get a fine for possessing small amounts, and usually everything else is still illegal.

Legalization means if a cop stops you and you have a joint, or a gram of herb, they cannot arrest or fine you.

That is why people tend to support legalization bills, because if a cop smells weed in your house or your car they cannot use that as a reason to mess with you or search your $#@! because it no longer carries reasonable suspicion of a crime.

They just cut down 400,000 plants near my house, and they have been shutting down a lot of "illegal grows". But guess what? Not one arrest has been made, nobody has gone to jail. That's something.. not optimal, but better than it was.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-07-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    My quick read of it was that a lot of initiatives that included heavy taxes passed.
    I do believe missouri rejected a 13% tax and agreed to a 4% tax.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    This is better than the deal the House was going to give us, which would have banned home growing.

Is this progress?
    This was a petition-driven ballot initiative, not a government creation.

Good Deal..the one thing that may make a Family Reunion better.

A couple of years to show that the stupid Reefer Madness opposition are Ignorant Phucks and not worth listening to.

then there may be hope.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

smh at the solid south.. whole towns in bankruptcy but nope..can't have the multi billion dollar crop around down south
    Florida doesn't count.. hunk of long island that floated down
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Good Deal..the one thing that may make a Family Reunion better.

A couple of years to show that the stupid Reefer Madness opposition are Ignorant Phucks and not worth listening to.

then there may be hope.

I've never met the homosexual gentleman who could swim that far.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast