Thread: Rand Paul rally at Boise State and Nampa

Rand Paul rally at Boise State and Nampa

http://www.kboi2.com/live

Here's a short clip:

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul continued his campaign swing through western states Thursday with a late morning rally at Boise State University, where he paired populist, anti-establishment themes of small government and individual rights with jabs at fellow Republicans and Democrats alike.

“Sometimes I think we can sum up our political philosophy by saying we want a government that minds its own business,” the Kentucky senator said, following his introduction by Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador, his western states campaign head. “There’s a lot of things out here in Idaho that nobody in Washington has a clue about.”
    His remarks also included what amounted to a primer on constitutional rights, as he said that advocates for any specific right should be prepared to defend them all.

“You’ve got to defend the Bill of Rights,” he said. “You want to attract new people to our party. “Let’s become the party of justice again.”
    Here’s more of what Paul said:

• “We had this debate in the last Presidential debate: Should we collect all the phone records of all Americans? I don’t know about you but I frankly don’t want President Obama to have all my phone records.”

• “Government has become so enormous that it’s gobbling up all the resources. There are socialized countries that have lower taxes than us.”

• “What the Constitution is about is not binding you. It’s about binding and restraining government.”

• “Any of the 55 Republicans running for president can probably win Idaho, and that’s great. We love ya. But we’ve got to figure out how to win Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, the old industrial states.”

• “What (Republicans) need is to be is more boldly for what we are for. Let’s be the party again of tax cuts, let’s be the party of wiping out these regulations, let’s be the party of balancing the budget…. We’re the part of the balanced budget but we’re not the party of actually balancing the budget.”

• “I don’t want to be the party of the less bad.”

• On trailing in the polls: “These really aren’t polls on who anybody’s even going to vote for. I think they’re very soft polls and they’re very moveable….The one good news that we think we have from the polling is when you poll me head to head to Hillary Clinton, actually I’m ahead of her in five states that were won by president Obama.”

• On fighting wildfires: “I think the decision-making is always done better more locally. I think people who live in an area know more about an area than people who live in a distant part of the country….Forests that are privately owned and logged probably have the best decision making process. The next best thing would be if it is owned by the government that if it were local government people. I trust the people in Idaho to make better decisions preventing wildfires than I do those in Washington.”

Many in attendance were students attracted by the candidate’s outspoken criticism of government surveillance and his embrace of smaller government.
    More: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...ise-state.html
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-27-2015 at 05:35 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beat me to it, by 3 min.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I like the music.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I like the music.
    Same.

Standing ovation on Rand's entrance
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Good speech thus far.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Rand is on point! I have a feeling Rand is going to get stronger as the campaign season continues. Others will fizzle and deflate, flavor of the months will come and go but Rand will stand alone! I get a renew sense from Rand, a new charge, a second wind. I guess the caucus weighed him down tremendously and now that burden is gone we can unleash the American Dream as can start dismantling the Washington Machine!

Good speech. I hope he keeps using the kelo decision and Trump's abuse of eminent domain. Cruz and Carson are punks for neglecting this. That is so bad.. I am not even sure if he still supports this or not because he hasn't acknowledged it.

Is Rand supposed to be at the Nampa Civic Center today? Saw this stream and countdown for less than 2 hours on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ0FFRZ81vI

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Is Rand supposed to be at the Nampa Civic Center today? Saw this stream and countdown for less than 2 hours on youtube:

countdown about 45 mins. - hope to catch the first half hour or so once it starts - maybe get some jpgs from the video stream

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post

Yep, he has another event today. Should be coming up soon.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For some reason it feels as if having a video stream to these events makes the campaign so much more vivid. I can see the forums coming to life.

I'm waiting for the second event, hope he has a slightly different spin to his speech.. Same thing with Ron, I love the guy, but it's still hard to listen to the same speech over and over. If I had to do 2-3 speeches a day I certainly couldn't give the same one every time.
    "I am a bird"

i'm getting to where i know the topic and i can make the points he is going to make lol. but thats not a bad thing i dont suppose.

Jan2017

Live . . . just started now (second event)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-27-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Good speech, still going.

Post Tubes if you got 'em.

Over now.

Rand Paul in Nampa, Idaho

Rand Paul in Nampa, Idaho.

Introduction by Rep. Raul Labrador.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Clip from Boise State:

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    For some reason it feels as if having a video stream to these events makes the campaign so much more vivid. I can see the forums coming to life.

I'm waiting for the second event, hope he has a slightly different spin to his speech.. Same thing with Ron, I love the guy, but it's still hard to listen to the same speech over and over. If I had to do 2-3 speeches a day I certainly couldn't give the same one every time.
    Yeah it would be cool if the campaign set up their own live stream with nice video and audio, at least for some of the bigger events. Or even promote ahead of time for just one big event. Would be an easy way to reach a lot of people at once that aren't in one of the states he's going to visit.

For people like us that follow what they're doing everywhere it can get old, but I guess that's just the way it's done. Comedians, motivational speakers, musicians etc. all do the same set over and over every night on a tour.

But most of the people in the crowd are not like us so they haven't heard it before. They definitely weren't able to during the debate.

Rand Paul appears at Boise State, espouses government that “minds its own business”

Rand Paul appears at Boise State, espouses government that “minds its own business”
    By Bill Dentzer - August 27, 2015

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul continued his campaign swing through western states Thursday with a late morning rally at Boise State University, where he paired populist, anti-establishment themes of small government and individual rights with jabs at fellow Republicans and Democrats alike.

“Sometimes I think we can sum up our political philosophy by saying we want a government that minds its own business,” the Kentucky senator said, following his introduction by Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador, his western states campaign head. “There’s a lot of things out here in Idaho that nobody in Washington has a clue about.”
    His remarks also included what amounted to a primer on constitutional rights, as he said that advocates for any specific right should be prepared to defend them all.

“You’ve got to defend the Bill of Rights,” he said. “You want to attract new people to our party. “Let’s become the party of justice again.”
    Here’s more of what Paul said:

• “We had this debate in the last Presidential debate: Should we collect all the phone records of all Americans? I don’t know about you but I frankly don’t want President Obama to have all my phone records.”

• “Government has become so enormous that it’s gobbling up all the resources. There are socialized countries that have lower taxes than us.”

• “What the Constitution is about is not binding you. It’s about binding and restraining government.”

• “Any of the 55 Republicans running for president can probably win Idaho, and that’s great. We love ya. But we’ve got to figure out how to win Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, the old industrial states.”

• “What (Republicans) need is to be is more boldly for what we are for. Let’s be the party again of tax cuts, let’s be the party of wiping out these regulations, let’s be the party of balancing the budget…. We’re the part of the balanced budget but we’re not the party of actually balancing the budget.”

• “I don’t want to be the party of the less bad.”

• On trailing in the polls: “These really aren’t polls on who anybody’s even going to vote for. I think they’re very soft polls and they’re very moveable….The one good news that we think we have from the polling is when you poll me head to head to Hillary Clinton, actually I’m ahead of her in five states that were won by president Obama.”

• On fighting wildfires: “I think the decision-making is always done better more locally. I think people who live in an area know more about an area than people who live in a distant part of the country….Forests that are privately owned and logged probably have the best decision making process. The next best thing would be if it is owned by the government that if it were local government people. I trust the people in Idaho to make better decisions preventing wildfires than I do those in Washington.”

Many in attendance were students attracted by the candidate’s outspoken criticism of government surveillance and his embrace of smaller government.
    More: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...ise-state.html

Rand Paul FULL Speech in Boise, Idaho

moved
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-28-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Rand is on point. He needs to use many of these issues in bullet points in debates especially when talking about the size of government and the Bill of Rights and the "right to be left alone."
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    i'm getting to where i know the topic and i can make the points he is going to make lol. but thats not a bad thing i dont suppose.
    Well, at least there's consistency there. Unlike literally all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand is on point. He needs to use many of these issues in bullet points in debates especially when talking about the size of government and the Bill of Rights and the "right to be left alone."
    I agree absolutely, the only problem is getting asked 1 question in an hour and 20 minutes with only 5 minutes of speaking time it's a tough thing to do. Hell Trump bitched about the time of questions he got asked and I'm thinking damn dude, at least you got asked the most damn questions. I love to see at least one debate to where Rand actually got at least half the amount of questions that the Bush's and Trump's are getting. Hell, I'm sure most of us would have a heart attack if he actually got asked the majority of questions lol.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was there a Q&A after his Boise speech? And if yes, is there a youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand touched on a issue that has become really big in the west. A federal policy to intentionally burn the national forests because that is the natural state. When you hear the government spent over 100 million on just one 3000 sq mile county in California managing fires and hear things like "it is doing the forest a lot of good. we are trying to control the beetle kill. If you don't like the smoke don't live in the forest." 300 square miles and choking smoke for over a month so far.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.