Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protesters takeover Albuquerque City Council meeting

Protesters takeover Albuquerque City Council meeting

Last edited by jct74; 05-06-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

He wants respect for the Chambers. Really? You know the problem dude, and you didn't take care of it, it's too late. Do or get out of the way.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

They say they are having another meeting Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's a start.
    Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas.

Angry folks.. someone is going to push people too far someplace.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Glenn Becks going.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Wish I was near. They need 100x the people there. This is our Country and we are not about to sit aside and watch you destroy it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    d
    el
    e
    te
    d
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.

What was the date on the warrant that was served for the chief to appear before the people? How long before he needs to be cuffed and brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas.

Angry folks.. someone is going to push people too far someplace.
    Governments can't keep ignoring it. Theye are seething right now and eventually it will have to come out.

I'm proud of those folks!

Look at all of those people upset by extremely wrong behavior by police. Ain't that something.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

It's the damn interwebs!

Those uppity citizens wouldn't be so outraged or feel so empowered without the ability to communicate..

The "official" accounts have been announced on the Tee-Vee and printed in the Newz Paperz but nobody believes them any more.

Respect authority!

The Bundy situation took a lot of attention away from Albuquerque just as citizens were starting to demand change/justice.

Nice to see that they are not letting up.

ETA

Just saw the video, that was epic.

The city council's plea was laughable acting as though they were poised to do something. The APD have been on a killing spree for a long time, whys it taking them so long?

Also, is Chris McKee ok?
    Last edited by unknown; 05-07-2014 at 04:49 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is awesome. I want to see this across all states.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The Bundy situation took a lot of attention away from Albuquerque just as citizens were starting to demand change/justice.

Nice to see that they are not letting up.
    The "Bundy situation" folks showed how it is done.

But even that is not resolved or over yet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

"Disrupting a council meeting is not a productive way to fix APD."

I can't stand it when politicians try to frame it like the protestors are at fault. Yeah, everyone's sure you MF'ers were probably JUST ABOUT to make some game-changing reforms and those rascally protestors ruined it.

And, and I guess they're selling ocean-front property in downtown Albuquerque, as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Don't watch this one if you're on blood pressure meds:

Here's some raw footage of patriots in the meeting to help get that blood pressure back down:

Extra-angry patriot at around 8:46. "there you go again, Harris."
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-07-2014 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The $#@!s in power everywhere do not believe they need the Concent of the Governed. This is the exact mentality of our leadership that needs to be changed the most.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

How many Police are there in that city? How many State police are likely to be called quickly?

How many armed citizens are there?

GO arrest the man,, drag him to the prosecutor and DEMAND that he be prosecuted.

And be prepared to put holes in any uniform that gets in the way.. DO what is right.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-07-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Don't watch this one if you're on blood pressure meds:
    Allow the public,,

Damn,, Your employers have made demands. You don't get to allow $#@!.
    The people allow government,, or they don't allow government..

Grrr,,, this $#@! needs to be dragged from that place,, and educated.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Excellent. APD has earned whatever comes their way.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    order must be retained. Arrest all those in attendance.

end protest.

The beat goes on.

shut up.
    sit down.
    and conform.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    order must be retained. Arrest all those in attendance.

end protest.

The beat goes on.

shut up.
    sit down.
    and conform.
    The tree of Liberty is parched.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

good on 'em.

i'd like to think Gary Johnson had an effect on the political landscape in NM.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's a start.
    A damn good start.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Probably the most productive city council meeting I have ever seen. Why? Because they got their Fing attention.

Need more of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

bump, because there's a meeting again tonight....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast