Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference

Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-21-2016 at 10:28 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I hope that Rand is watching.

He spews a bunch of hate while accusing others of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I hope that Rand is watching.
    I do too. But this didn't hurt Cruz as a presidential candidate. It helped him.

well aint that interesting.

IDC’s Executive Director, Andrew Doran, then came out on stage, saying “For the love of God, we’re here to talk about Christians and we’re here to be united.”
    Then maybe cruz should have concentrated on talking about Christians instead of talking about how great jews are. just saying...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Then maybe cruz should have concentrated on talking about Christians instead of talking about how great jews are. just saying...
    No. He knew exactly what he was doing.

“Christians have no greater ally than Israel,” he said, at which point members of the crowd began to yell “stop it” and booed him.

“Those who hate Israel hate America,” he continued, as the boos and calls for him to leave the stage got louder. “Those who hate Jews hate Christians. If those in this room will not recognize that, then my heart weeps. If you hate the Jewish people you are not reflecting the teachings of Christ.
    Well, it looks like the audience was not buying the standard propaganda redefinition that says that the Israeli government and Jews are one and the same. There are plenty of Jews who are not Israeli, and there are those that do not agree with the actions of the Israeli government. That does not mean that they "hate the Jewish people", aka self-hating.

“If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews,” he said. “Then I will not stand with you. Good night, and God bless.” And with that, he walked off the stage.
    And thus leaves the Senator from the Great State of Israel-First. I wonder if he would have the same reaction if he was talking about some Texas law or policy and people booed him on that? "If you do not stand with Texas, then I will not stand with you." Of course Cruz would never, ever criticize Texas or the United States.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Israel is certainly not a friend of Palestinian Christians.
    Stop believing stupid things

Cruz Booed Off Stage at Middle Eastern Christian Conference

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/te...ference-video/

Sen. Ted Cruz was booed offstage at a conference for Middle Eastern Christians Wednesday night after saying that “Christians have no greater ally than Israel.”
    Top comments:

Quote Originally Posted by wales777
    No one ever said speaking the truth was going to be easy. Shame on the attendees of this event. Blind fools
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_F[/quote
    This response sounds crazy. I don't believe these people are strictly "Christian" and just 'happen to be' from the MIddle East
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Chavez
    SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE as much Christian as Obama is. Was Rev. Wright there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Icouldhavebeenblack
    I'm thinking they are Middle Easterners (Arabs and such) that claim to be Christians. Clearly they hate Jews and they probably hate Americans too. They would have done better to invite and extremist imam to talk with them
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Noel
    When vampires see the Crucifix, they melt. When Muslims hear "Israel" they melt. This audience was stacked with fake Christians all to attack who could be the next President or VP. Cruz handled himself well. I wonder how Obama would handle it if he got booed by "Christians?"
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Apparently these people are unaware that they constitute a tiny minority of Christians worldwide, the overwhelming majority of whom don't share their bizarre obsession with Israel. Meanwhile, the politicians (like Cruz) that these holy-rollers support are arming the barbarians in Syria who are butchering Christian communities that pre-date their own sect by nearly 20 centuries.

Insanity
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Is Rafael Cruz in ok mental health ?

When is next election for his seat coming up.

Related

BBC NEWS | Israel hit by Bible burning row
    British Broadcasting Corporation
    May 21, 2008 - the burning of hundreds of copies of the New Testament by Orthodox Jews

Religious MK destroy Bible in the Knesset

July 20, 2012

.. MK Michael Ben-Ari (National Union) for tearing a New Testament and throwing it in the trash, the Knesset’s sole Christian MK, Hanna Sweid, said.

http://ivarfjeld.com/2012/07/20/reli...n-the-knesset/

I'm not surprised at all. It angers me that he supports Israel

American Christians booed Ron Paul for supporting Jesus.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    American Christians booed Ron Paul for supporting Jesus.
    Perhaps they think Jesus was a secret Muslim too...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Perhaps they think Jesus was a secret Muslim too...
    Hey, he talked about liberal hippy stuff like loving your neighbor as yourself and living at peace with all men

I wouldn't be surprised at all if 99% of American "Christians" are not actually saved. In fact, I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Apparently these people are unaware that they constitute a tiny minority of Christians worldwide, the overwhelming majority of whom don't share their bizarre obsession with Israel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Does anyone else besides me think Ted Cruz is a rather poor public speaker? Among other things, the sincerity meter only gets up to about a 1 or 2 for me when he speaks.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-11-2014 at 01:20 AM.

I am not totally unconvinced that Cruz may be campaigning for the express purpose of helping Rand get elected at the convention. I'm guessing Cruz might like to be A.G. or on the SCOTUS.

What was that tender and serene music being played as he was being ridden out of town on a rail?
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-11-2014 at 01:26 AM.

I almost came.

What did he say before the video started?

Israel link in my sig: "U.S. State Department: Israel discriminates against Christians" Read it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I do too. But this didn't hurt Cruz as a presidential candidate. It helped him.
    Cruz's problem is that he is not Paul Ryan and he is in the GOP.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

“Religious bigotry is a cancer with many manifestations,” he continued. “ISIS, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, state sponsors like Syria and Iran, are all engaged in a vicious genocidal campaign to destroy religious minorities in the Middle East
    Really? Syria is engaged in a vicious genocidal campaign to destroy religious minorities in the Middle East? his very stupid on the issues of middle east regrading Syria.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amash , being a Middle east Christian, should have been the speaker. Cruz was really a stupid choice

Thanks for posting this . . .

Cruz should stick to the floor of the United States Senate
    where the Canadian-born "ineligible for the Presidency" Senator from the great state of Texas
    can speak of the most important matters . . .

he's so passionate in this youtube . . . Cruz's best oratory style at work . . .

\

I think this has less to do with him talking about Jews or Israel and more to do with the fact that the audience realized he has no idea what he's talking about, or he does and is deliberately trying to move the crowd in a direction that makes no sense. Knowledgeable and intelligent people that live in the real world despise demagogues in any language or religion.

Just reading through Cruz's comments it was obvious he was trying to spew lines of hatred and propaganda and the audience wasn't buying it because they that live there understand the Middle East is a lot more complicated than what MSM or many politicians in the U.S. try to make it out to be. Some would say messaging is formed that way because either U.S. citizens don't have the attention span to want to hear a deeper conversation about complicated issues and want it simplified for them so that it can fit in a sound bite or a 60 second clip or that is just the nature of communication mediums today, whichever the case the public is not served by this.

Cruz's mention of "state-sponsored Syria" alone when it comes to genocide of Christians or religious minorities reminded me of a clip of a town hall a year ago (when attacking Assad was being proposed by the war hawks) where a WW2 veteran spoke to McCain about propaganda and what military involvement in Syria may actually end up resulting following unintended consequences. Also to put things in perspective at the time when the media was beating the war drums for that narrative the Alawites and Christians (as this WW2 Vet. was saying) were not being mentioned at all.

Bottom line the same messaging that may work for politicians here in the U.S. that try to simplify, obfuscate or outright misrepresent the actual facts of what happens in day to day life in the Middle East may work on those that are ignorant and uninformed, but doesn't work on people that know details of deeper discussions or those that actually live over there and represent people that do.

Edit: Putting this here for future reference 1:55 Cruz talks about beheading children, this claim (made a month ago) hasn't been verified yet it is still used as a reason for us to send in our military, even though all news agencies have retracted the report. Blitzer doesn't challenge the comment, thus indirectly supporting a continuation of unverified propaganda influencing viewers of CNN last night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cJv22Sdm8
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-11-2014 at 06:33 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I almost came.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Cruz
    But we shouldn’t try to parse different manifestations of evil that are on a murderous rampage through the region. Hate is hate, and murder is murder. Our purpose here tonight is to highlight a terrible injustice, a humanitarian crisis.”
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Cruz is the ultimate slimy politician.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast