Thread: Donald Trump BOOED at CPAC 2015 for Proposing Boots On The Ground

Donald Trump BOOED at CPAC 2015 for Proposing Boots On The Ground

He says "everyone likes" boots on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That deserves a cheer.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm all in with you Donald... as long as your boot the first one on the ground.

Why would anyone listen to this idiot?

Nah don't worry guys, he's going to "find" a "great general" for us so it will be a breeze.

I have a solution for ISIS. Stop arming them, and stop giving them air support. Then, tell Europe to figure it out because ISIS is on their doorsteps and it ain't our problem.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Whose the idiot Weaseling?

Maybe have that guy there ship off right now on the ground along with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I have a solution for ISIS. Stop arming them, and stop giving them air support. Then, tell Europe to figure it out because ISIS is on their doorsteps and it ain't our problem.
    But then that would stop the radical element from taking power, and then that would stop the need for Europe to deal with the problem. Why would we make it that easy? Don't you care about the people who have to feed their families by living off these wars? That's pretty heartless.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but would he be booed in Iowa and NH for saying it?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He says "everyone likes" boots on the ground.
    I wonder if anyone has asked "the boots" for their opinions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Luckily we still don't have a European Armed Forces but I agree with you. The big problem here is that Turkey is a key NATO member and it is directly bordering ISIS controlled territory. The ISIS territories themselves aren't a big problem to Europe though migration back and forth from these areas to 'civilized' Europe is what is slightly scary. Dropping bombs on Syria and Iraq will nog change or better this situation IMO. These are separate issues, internal and external security. They need separate solutions.

The biggest problem with this war for Europe is the amount of refugees that try to enter Europe. I'm not aware of any exact numbers but there are a lot of reports that people are shoved into essentially concentration camps along the Mediterranean sea coast. While I think you can't really send people back to a war-zone that the West partly helped to create however treating refugees badly may breed resentment in the future.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 03-01-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    "I am a bird"

Walker also supports boots on the ground and he came in a strong second