Thread: Minn. & Mass. State flags in crosshairs

Minn. & Mass. State flags in crosshairs

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...po-ipo.twitter

“The image of the pioneer, a peaceful man who has laid down his gun and is plowing his field, is juxtaposed with the image of the Indian, who may still want to fight (his spear is at the ready) but who seems to be riding away,” Ms. Harrington continues, noting that the flag has drawn criticism from human rights groups for 50 years. “While the current flag may represent a certain view and vision of the past, it does not reflect the values and sensibilities of Minnesotans today.”

because he speaks for ALL Minnesotans...

“It’s no Confederate flag, but our banner is still pretty awful,” writes Boston Globe columnist Yvonne Abraham. “This state was born and has thrived in part because of Native Americans’ massive losses. Our flag ought to reflect the huge debt we owe them. And a larger sense of who we are and want to be.”

again...speaking for everyone but themselves. By this logic we should rid ourselves of the California Flag when in our barbaric past we slaughtered thousands of Grizzly Bears.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 07-11-2015 at 06:44 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mass flag is offensive , it is a commie state , Natives should not be depicted in support of such . Minnesota , meh , probably 10 or 12 Reservations , over half the entire population lives in the twin cities , any state owned or fed lands should be given back to the natives . LOL

Some people see all this crap as combating hatred. I never identified with the confederate flag because I couldn't really gives any less than a $#@! even if I took a laxative But I recognize it for what it is, trying to bury the past. And we all know happens when the past is buried.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Mass flag is offensive , it is a commie state , Natives should not be depicted in support of such . Minnesota , meh , probably 10 or 12 Reservations , over half the entire population lives in the twin cities , any state owned or fed lands should be given back to the natives . LOL
    We should just get rid of all the little reservations and give the native Americans their own state. Puerto Rico will do.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."