Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Activism? How do we promote Rand's upcoming Audit the Federal Reserve?

Got Activism? How do we promote Rand's upcoming Audit the Federal Reserve?

I'm just gonna start this thread. I don't have the many skills that other members do when it comes to graphic memes or short video creations.

I'm just humbly asking that some might be interested in stepping up.

Rand is pushing an Audit the Fed bill.

How many people do you know that actually understands what his means?

So here I'd like to create some objectives and some out come.

What can we do to saturate social media with the reason WHY the Fed needs auditing.

I'd propose that for the next week we hash out definitions and strategy. Next week those that have the skills to create memes, twitters and videos do there stuff. And then we role it out.

Just an open forum discussion on the viability or need tonight. Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you want to use social media, you want imagery. That's the most reliable way to grab attention on social media. Videos can be good too, but videos require people to actually watch them. So, I'd say imagery is the better option. Alternatively, you can include video links with the imagery. Then you'd probably want to organize a specific time to mass post to the different social media sites--thunderclap is a decent option here.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    If you want to use social media, you want imagery. That's the most reliable way to grab attention on social media. Videos can be good too, but videos require people to actually watch them. So, I'd say imagery is the better option. Alternatively, you can include video links with the imagery. Then you'd probably want to organize a specific time to mass post to the different social media sites--thunderclap is a decent option here.
    +1. (Can't spread it, yet.)

But, now to break down what the Fed does and what auditing it would mean. How it's very existence influences every aspect of life.

The secret is in the breaking down the why of auditing to a couple of sentences. A visual graphic as you suggest. That could always be expanded. Something simple and concise that could be understood by a 9th grader.

Would it be worth equating dollars to stocks? How every dollar in someones wallet is equated to a share in the stock that is America. That the C.E.O's of the company are not beholding to the representatives of the shareholders? That today $1 is worth $1 but tomorrow worth .70 and how the Fed influences this? Would most Americans grasp this kinda tack?

It might be worth compiling a list of numbers for people to call their respective state reps, as Rand suggests in this video. Something like this could be included in an image.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post

It might be worth compiling a list of numbers for people to call their respective state reps, as Rand suggests in this video. Something like this could be included in an image.
    And I agree with that. 100%. But WHY should they call? What's in it for them?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Right, you still need the proper sales pitch. I'm not really sure what the best way to appeal to Boobus would be.

"Have you noticed you've been spending a lot more for the same items at the grocery store over the past decade? How does this happen ? As more money is created, the value of money goes down, this is called inflation and it's controlled by the FED. The FED is actively lobbying congress to keep their books closed. We as the American people deserve to know what is done to the value of our money. There's a new bill proposed by Senator Rand Paul called 'Audit the FED', there is a date for the vote January 12th but we need you to contact your representatives to make this happen. There are a lot of co-sponsors already but we need to push for more."

Something like this ?

(note, not entirely sure if it was the 12th or not but that doesn't really matter I think as it's an example)
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 12-18-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Despite the title, the bill does not call for an audit of their books (which are already audited http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12784.htm ).

What it does ask for: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...-bill/264/text

SEC. 3. AUDIT OF LOAN FILE REVIEWS REQUIRED BY ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS.

(a) In General.—The Comptroller General of the United States shall conduct an audit of the review of loan files of homeowners in foreclosure in 2009 or 2010, required as part of the enforcement actions taken by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System against supervised financial institutions.

(b) Content Of Audit.—The audit carried out pursuant to subsection (a) shall consider, at a minimum—

(1) the guidance given by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to independent consultants retained by the supervised financial institutions regarding the procedures to be followed in conducting the file reviews;

(2) the factors considered by independent consultants when evaluating loan files;

(3) the results obtained by the independent consultants pursuant to those reviews;

(4) the determinations made by the independent consultants regarding the nature and extent of financial injury sustained by each homeowner as well as the level and type of remediation offered to each homeowner; and

(5) the specific measures taken by the independent consultants to verify, confirm, or rebut the assertions and representations made by supervised financial institutions regarding the contents of loan files and the extent of financial injury to homeowners.

(c) Report.—Not later than the end of the 6-month period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, the Comptroller General shall issue a report to the Congress containing all findings and determinations made in carrying out the audit required under subsection (a).
    The "audit" would be of their deliberations- not their books.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.

nm
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-18-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...lol...another phony 'audit of the [stinking] fed'....

....wizard of oz time for republicrats....peace and justice will only come in this miZerable monetary order when more than one in ten thousand americans understands and can honestly explain this hideou$ $cheme ... 1.) how 'dollars' are created and destroyed.. 2.) how banksters acquire government bonds, etc. ad nauseam, through this stinking rotten 'fractional reserve deposit (money) creation scheme..3.) who is getting the 'newly created' money to use in 'the first round of spending'...etc...

...ime, ludwiggers don't EVER talk honestly about any of this! ^^^....in fact, i have never met a ludwigger or a republicrat who honestly understands any of this...IN FACT, MOST EVERY REPUBLICRAT I MEET AND PRESS WILL TELL ME SOMETHING LIKE, 'the government prints dollars...everybody knows that'

...and so it seems to me if rand honestly under$tood he would would bring up thi$ stinking fraud EVERY TIME he yacks about 'the 19 trillion dollar debt' (much of this 'debt' attributable to what jerry voorhis termed 'debt that ought not to be debt') ...but i've NEVER heard rand utter the disgust felt by knowledgeable monetary realist$....(rand fans, i could be wrong...please paste rand's best words regarding my concern$)

I just messaged Jackie Moon. We may be able to do an AuditTheFed money bomb on Jan 12, promote both the vote and Rand's campaign. A sort of STEP 1: Contact your Senators, Step 2: Donate to Rand Paul.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    I just messaged Jackie Moon. We may be able to do an AuditTheFed money bomb on Jan 12, promote both the vote and Rand's campaign. A sort of STEP 1: Contact your Senators, Step 2: Donate to Rand Paul.
    Hey, yeah I'm open to that idea. I think it makes sense, the date is roughly where we'd want it to be and it's an issue that will be getting attention.

Promotion leading up to the money bomb could serve the dual purpose of also advertising the vote.

It doesn't leave a whole lot of time for promotion though, especially with Christmas and New Years in there. So we'd need to know ahead of time that it does have support and people committed to it.

There's also the other money bomb that people are talking about. I'm not sure that we're going to be able to get behind that one, so it will depend on what people want to support.

If everyone ends up wanting to go with the other one then it might not make sense to try one of our own. But if there is a lot of support for an Audit The Fed MB then I would be willing to do what I can.

Do not tie donations with the Audit the Fed effort.
    Do something because it is the right thing to do.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I'm just gonna start this thread. I don't have the many skills that other members do when it comes to graphic memes or short video creations.

I'm just humbly asking that some might be interested in stepping up.

Rand is pushing an Audit the Fed bill.

How many people do you know that actually understands what his means?

So here I'd like to create some objectives and some out come.

What can we do to saturate social media with the reason WHY the Fed needs auditing.

I'd propose that for the next week we hash out definitions and strategy. Next week those that have the skills to create memes, twitters and videos do there stuff. And then we role it out.

Just an open forum discussion on the viability or need tonight. Thoughts?
    Thanks for creating this thread. You have been here since the old days.

I would like to back it up a bit. How many people here, in the activism community, even understand audit the Fed? If we want to "end" it, what's the alternative? Who are the activists at RPF? Who's willing to actually do the work? Even if that only consists of posting on the topic of activism?

My opinion on the activism problem is general, is pretty much the same opinion I've had since 2008. That being, that we are not organized. I actually just started a thread yesterday in Grassroots Central called "Bitcoin Hot Potato" which attempts to address this problem head on. I even mention "Ending the Fed" in the OP.

So if you want a "vehicle" for organizing that's what I'm trying to realize. If you want to apply it towards Audit the Fed, it would be a vehicle for that or anything else.

I would love for discussion to start in the general direction of activism. It seems hard though.

As for this initiative in general, I'd say that we shouldn't set a time limit. Audit the Fed vote is very soon, perhaps that vote could be a starting point for activism? Who voted against it? Why? What's the next step? Road map? Because given the short time frame posting graphics to social networks is about all we can do, and I doubt it will generate much Senator calling.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Thanks for creating this thread. You have been here since the old days.

I would like to back it up a bit. How many people here, in the activism community, even understand audit the Fed? If we want to "end" it, what's the alternative? Who are the activists at RPF? Who's willing to actually do the work? Even if that only consists of posting on the topic of activism?

My opinion on the activism problem is general, is pretty much the same opinion I've had since 2008. That being, that we are not organized. I actually just started a thread yesterday in Grassroots Central called "Bitcoin Hot Potato" which attempts to address this problem head on. I even mention "Ending the Fed" in the OP.

So if you want a "vehicle" for organizing that's what I'm trying to realize. If you want to apply it towards Audit the Fed, it would be a vehicle for that or anything else.

I would love for discussion to start in the general direction of activism. It seems hard though.

As for this initiative in general, I'd say that we shouldn't set a time limit. Audit the Fed vote is very soon, perhaps that vote could be a starting point for activism? Who voted against it? Why? What's the next step? Road map? Because given the short time frame posting graphics to social networks is about all we can do, and I doubt it will generate much Senator calling.
    The bolded is pretty much what I was seeking in the OP to start things off. How to break it down into something short and concise that someone with no understanding could come to understand what it would mean to them. I believe that would have to be the starting point.

The bolded is pretty much what I was seeking in the OP to start things off. How to break it down into something short and concise that someone with no understanding could come to understand what it would mean to them. I believe that would have to be the starting point.
    Well, really Rand isn't suggesting a campaign to the masses. He says, "hey guys", as he's just trying to get liberty supporters already in the know to put pressure on their senators. And even though he says, "visit my website to see cosponsors" I don't see on the Audit the Fed page there who is cosponsoring so I'm not sure if my Kansas Senators are for or against it. (anyone have any luck finding list Rand's talking about?)

Your direction of "educating the public" I would say goes beyond what Rand is saying into the territory of "End the Fed". Auditing the Fed at most is just going to flush out some funny business perhaps for shady loans and deals. I think to educate the public and motivate them we really need a solution to the Fed. And I actually believe there is one. What we really need to "fix money" in general is a public ledger for public money. This global multi-currency "shadow banking" system we have has problems that go beyond the US Federal Reserve. It is common to all central banking schemes where the government can print money.

Even if we audited them and could magically shut them down what would we replace it with and what practices would keep this from happening in the future?

There is a means, but I don't think even the activism community understands this means enough to explain it to a novice even if they had plenty of time to talk to a novice. The "means" is the technology underpinning Bitcoin. The "blockchain". Wall Street and the finance community are very interested in the blockchain concept. Bitcoin may be superseded or replaced. But whatever solution to the problem of money exists in the future, I believe it's highly likely it will be related to the blockchain concept.

And therein lies the problem. Those activists "in the know" really only have a grasp of the problem, solutions to this problem are not really thought about or understood. "100% reserve, gold-backed" is pretty much where we are stuck. If we could get a fraction of those that push that line to understand the blockchain I believe we could begin to perhaps collectively see a way out.

So as I said, I think the discussion really needs to happen further back in the process. What is the liberty movements consensus on a solution to the problem? I don't think we have one yet. And from my study of Bitcoin and alternative currencies, they see Bitcoin and other currencies as a "solution to the dollar and inflation" rather than seeing the blockchain technology itself as a solution to the entire problem of "shadow banking".

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Do not tie donations with the Audit the Fed effort.
    Do something because it is the right thing to do.
    I agree. It seems like "moneybomb" has become the weapon of choice when it comes to getting the word out about anything. All it does is make it seem like Rand needs money to get anything done.

The best thing that can be done is for everyone to call their Senators and ask them if they plan to vote for Rand's bill to audit the Fed.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The best thing that can be done is for everyone to call their Senators and ask them if they plan to vote for Rand's bill to audit the Fed.
    Matt, do you know where the list of cosponsors is? Rand says "visit my site to see" but I can't find.

Matt, do you know where the list of cosponsors is? Rand says "visit my site to see" but I can't find.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...264/cosponsors

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Audit-The-Fed
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

There was an Audit the Fed phone bomb several years ago:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/326068127491247

Over 600 people attended the Facebook event. Not sure if everyone called but a good way to spread the word about the upcoming vote and encouraging people to call their Senators.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    It doesn't leave a whole lot of time for promotion though, especially with Christmas and New Years in there. So we'd need to know ahead of time that it does have support and people committed to it.
    If you can get the graphics together we can start to promote it on Twitter/Facebook. In addition, I'll commit $200 to advertise on Twitter in Iowa from January 1 to 12.

If we can get enough people to advertise then we can have an impact.

User Social Platform Target Audience Amount
    groverblue Twitter Iowa $200
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

I'm just an amateur, but here is a draft...

Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 12-20-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I created a Facebook event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/495853697260998/

You can join and invite your friends to inform them of the upcoming vote and to urge them to contact their Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I'm just an amateur, but here is a draft...

+1. That's pretty damn good.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that efforts to Audit the Fed would give Congress more 'control' over monetary policy, and that the Fed is already adequately audited.

Perhaps providing facts that refute these presumptions might be beneficial.

Rand needs to do something earth shattering to get attention. How about, Wednesday morning Rand files for a restraining order against the Federal Reserve for extortion, counterfeiting, bribery, wire and mail fraud, racketeering .............. all those things they do on a daily basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast