Thread: New website and TV ad takes aim at Mike Bishop / Michigan Business Tax

New website and TV ad takes aim at Mike Bishop / Michigan Business Tax

New website released that highlights the awful record of Tom McMillin's opponent. Spread it around!

http://www.mikebishoptax.net/

And here's a link to the damning ad featured on the page:

http://vimeo.com/96626072
    Last edited by jct74; 05-31-2014 at 04:32 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.mackinac.org/8809

Good article about the #MikeBishopTax from 2007:

A year later, Gov. Jennifer Granholm and state lawmakers created a replacement tax for the SBT named the "Michigan Business Tax." The MBT sends a message that Michigan is "open for business," said the governor. Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop predicted that it "will help set Michigan on the path to economic recovery."

But the MBT does not live up to these platitudes and fails the explicit objectives set forth in the law that orders replacement of the SBT. Distinguishing the two taxes, the governor stated that the MBT "flips the SBT on its head." This is an apt metaphor, because the MBT resembles the SBT hanging upside down — a vampire awakened from its slumber and still preying upon the economy.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Heh heh, they put a video up with Bishop and Granholm too:

I hear the ad is playing locally on Fox News and other stations.

Excellent how he's using Snyder and Brooks Patterson clips to show the lousy record of his opponent! Go Tom!

When is the Primary? Should we do a RPF mini-money-bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I hear the ad is playing locally on Fox News and other stations.
    Who is paying for that? Is one of the "liberty" PACs chipping in on this race?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if Mark Levin would have him on.

Remember, Rogers is going to be his competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who is paying for that? Is one of the "liberty" PACs chipping in on this race?
    The campaign bought the ad. I have zero inside knowledge, but I would imagine that took most of the campaign's funds.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    The campaign bought the ad. I have zero inside knowledge, but I would imagine that took most of the campaign's funds.
    Tom was saying today that he's doing quite well at fundraising. I think this is a golden opportunity for a huge victory for the liberty movement. We should definitely do the money bomb here!

I like the ad on the forum

I hope Tom has enough $$$ to get that ad on the air and make sure everyone in the district sees it ... devastating

I can't imagine it's trending that well since the MikeBishopTax hashtag itself doesn't have much traction on Twitter.

Also, found this Twitter handle going after McMillin, which also led to a website monitoring him.

https://twitter.com/McMillinWatch