Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruz knocks Dole, McCain, Romney, praises Ron Paul

Cruz knocks Dole, McCain, Romney, praises Ron Paul

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ises-ron-paul/
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), the first speaker at this year’s CPAC, urged Republicans to run campaigns on true conservative principles and suggested some recent GOP presidential candidates weren’t up to the task.

“We all remember President Dole, President McCain and President Romney,” Cruz said. He praised the trio as “good men” but said conservatives lose when they don’t stand by their principles.

Cruz then turned to wooing the youth vote, saying Republicans should focus on conservativism rather than identity politics and moderation.

“Who are the Republicans who have most energized young people? Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul,” Cruz said. “But when you think of them, neither of them were rugged, James Dean types. They were septuagenarians."

“Young people came out by the millions and said, ‘That’s the vision I want to be a part of.'”

Cruz said Republicans have suffered in recent elections by not hoisting conservative principles to the forefront — with the 2010 election being the exception.

“We put our head down, we stood for nothing, and we got walloped,” Cruz said.

7:59

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i'd like to say something, but i'm just too pissed.

Thanks for your help Ted.

“Young people came out by the millions and said, ‘That’s the vision I want to be a part of.'”
    So, um, stop being an ignorant bigot and lay out your principles and stand by them. Stop attacking Obama for things he's personally doing as part of your game of party politics, and actually do something principled.

He doesn't want to spread ideals, he wants the institutional profit from corralling the youth. And that's not going to happen for Cruz and his ilk.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

I did not know he was born in Canada. Does that mean he can't be President.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Interesting
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:12 AM.

How dare he speak praise for the honorable Ron Paul out of one side of his mouth while spooking the audience with regards to an Iranian nuke killing 10's of millions of Americans out of the other.

This guy has some big balls. I bet he accidentally sits on them when he takes a piss.
    Last edited by Guitarzan; 03-06-2014 at 12:28 PM.

“We all remember President Dole, President McCain and President Romney,”*
    You can add president cruz to the list. Ain't gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz is smart. He knows how very popular Paul's message has been at CPAC for the last 6 years. I'm not saying he's pandering, but he's definately aware of who he's talking to.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Cruz is smart. He knows how very popular Paul's message has been at CPAC for the last 6 years. I'm not saying he's pandering, but he's definately aware of who he's talking to.
    Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even Ron Paul would tailer his speeches for the audience he was speaking too.

BTW: I don't know why I didn't get it sooner, but I finally "got" your avatar.

Ted "let's save social security" Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Ted "let's save social security" Cruz
    I despise Cruz, but hasn't Rand Paul said similar things about SS?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

No, Obama set a precedent, it no longer matters.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even Ron Paul would tailer his speeches for the audience he was speaking too.

actually he took pride in not tailoring his speeches
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

One thing I take from that quote...

Ted Cruz listens to Steve Deace's radio show.

Just another dime a dozen charlatan.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Just another dime a dozen charlatan.

Sad thing is, the average Joe completely falls for it. He's Bush Jr, but whatever...
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    No, Obama set a precedent, it no longer matters.
    Yes, it means he cannot be President. The new rule applies only to Democrats
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Cruz needs to get the foreign policy... he'd be pretty awesome with that.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Democrat Senators think Cruz can't win so they will confirm his eligibility. And so will enough Republicans due to pressure from their constituents.

Cruz is on to something else.

Michael Grimm, Aaron Schock, Eric Cantor and Adam Kinzinger are Young Gun RINOs who everyone hates. Even though they are young and well spoken.

Young people aren't just going to vote for a young candidate and fat people aren't going to necessarily vote for gun grabber Christie.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

dang tough crowd tonight. He might be pandering but lets give credit where credit is due. He said RON PAUL was the reason young people were interested in the GOP. He might have said it while thinking something completely different but he still said it to THOUSANDS of conservatives. He said it to THOUSANDS of conservatives that paid to go to a conservative conference in the middle of march.

Those words will come back to get him when he tries to knock Rand down.

Enjoy the sunshine boys and girls!!

7:08 I guess Mr. Cruz feels "intervention is popular" with conservatives (tanks in the Ukraine, etc.). Is Cruz a Jeffersonian conservative or an Irving Kristol conservative?
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-06-2014 at 09:04 PM.

It depends on the nationality of his parents when he was born. If not both either citizens or legal immigrants at the time, he's not eligible.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post

On the bold, no, not really. He pretty much gave the same speech, at every stop. Every now and then a new detail or thought on a current event at the time might be included, but it was always the same, basic, speech.

Perhaps we should show Ted, Ron's letter about President Reagan and why he "left" the Republican Party back in the 80s? I don't think Ron thought of Reagan as having many principles that he stood by.
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ron_Pa...ter_to_the_RNC

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Every time a "conservative" mentions the "Reagan Revolution" I get very frustrated and feel very condescended to. If Cruz was so dang "bold" he would have added a number eleven to the list in his speech: 11) No more saying Reagan was "conservative." And then spelled out precisely why.

Every time I finish listening to Ted Cruz speak, I feel the need to check my wallet to see if it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    On the bold, no, not really. He pretty much gave the same speech, at every stop. Every now and then a new detail or thought on a current event at the time might be included, but it was always the same, basic, speech.

Perhaps we should show Ted, Ron's letter about President Reagan and why he "left" the Republican Party back in the 80s? I don't think Ron thought of Reagan as having many principles that he stood by.
    but yet he tried to use knowing Reagan as a campaign ad
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post

He kind of did. Not pandering, but he definitely was aware of the audience he was speaking to. His speeches at the Faith and Freedom Conferences are different then those he would give on college campuses. Not in substance, but in the way it was presented.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    dang tough crowd tonight. He might be pandering but lets give credit where credit is due. He said RON PAUL was the reason young people were interested in the GOP. He might have said it while thinking something completely different but he still said it to THOUSANDS of conservatives. He said it to THOUSANDS of conservatives that paid to go to a conservative conference in the middle of march.

Those words will come back to get him when he tries to knock Rand down.

Enjoy the sunshine boys and girls!!
    I tend to agree. I think Cruz is a shill and always doubt his sincerity, but so long as we don't let him co-opt our progress, he's providing great exposure and proving which way the wind is blowing. It feels nice to get our asses kissed. It means we're winning.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Apparently Cruz tells a different story behind closed doors.

We saw a the first hint of this back in November, when the New York Times‘ Jonathan Martin reported that “when Mr. Cruz went to New York City to meet with donors this summer, he privately offered a different view of Mr. Paul: The Kentucky senator can never be elected president, he told them, because he can never fully detach himself from the strident libertarianism of his father, former Representative Ron Paul of Texas.”
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/06/ho...#ixzz2vHLjhAY5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast