Thread: Hollis v Holder Seeks to Overturn the National Firearms Act

Hollis v Holder Seeks to Overturn the National Firearms Act

http://www.scribd.com/doc/245057730/...lder-Complaint

Filed in the District court of Dallas, TX

Plaintiff seeks declaratory and injunctive relief against the unconstitutional provisions contained in 18 U.S.C. § 922(o), 26 U.S.C. § 5801 et seq. and 27 C.F.R. § 479.105(a); declaring the ban on machine guns unconstitutional under the Second, Ninth and Tenth Amendments and in violation of Article I of the United States Constitution and declaratory and
    injunctive relief prohibiting Defendants from unjustly taking property without Due Process
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably will fail, but it will be awesome if they succeed.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Maybe I should start saving up for some new toys, just in case.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I wish.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Probably will fail, but it will be awesome if they succeed.
    Exactly. Although, you never know. How many times has this statute been challenged before ? Any numbers on that ?
    I can only imagine the news headlines we'd have in Europe. "America back to wild-west, legalizes military weapons of war for criminals and kids" or something according to those lines. It would be very interesting.

Do they have a chip in for legal expenses?

I rented a room to a Middle Eastern PhD students a few years ago. Showed him my AK, and his first question was were is the selector switch? He'd never seen one without one. This seems to be a perversion of the US and UK.

-t

If you can win freedom via the legal system and constitutional arguments the government would have failed a million times over.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Contribute here: http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk

After Miller, most NFA cases ran into the left wing collective right interpretation of the 2A (the 2A protects the right of a state to have a militia - there is no individual RKBA). This was the importance of Heller. Post Heller, the NFA can be challenged as an infringement on the individual RKBA and other defects.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the next one - Watson v Holder

http://www.scribd.com/doc/246633381/...v-Holder-et-al

This one the weapon was made automatic based on an approved Form 1 the ATF now wants to cancel.

Word is that there are more of these approved Form 1s out there, and we have not yet got to the never approved forms submitted and the equal protection claims of those parties.

Plug in your popcorn machine

Update: The Dick heller Foundation is joining in http://www.hellerfoundation.com/

The .gov has refused to participate in the required pre trial conference, and motion has been filed to compel the .gov to comply with the rules of federal civil procedure.

An example of the back and forth to date: Hollis - http://media.wix.com/ugd/c601ae_7807...ae21be6ff6.pdf

.gov response - http://media.wix.com/ugd/c601ae_7a50...91cb2cb615.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    If you can win freedom via the legal system and constitutional arguments the government would have failed a million times over.
    We're in the "petition for redress in the most humble terms" phase.