Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul supporters score near sweep of national delegates (MN)

Paul supporters score near sweep of national delegates (MN)

ST. CLOUD - Supporters of presidential hopeful Ron Paul picked up 12 of 13 national delegates chosen at this weekend's state Republican party convention. They will represent the state party in Tampa, FL at the Republican National Convention.

The audience of mostly Paul supporters erupted after they realized they nearly swept the slate. It means 32 of the 40 delegates heading to Tampa are confirmed supporters of Ron Paul. Another potential Paul delegate, Don Huizenga,dropped his bid after he didn't pick up the needed 50 percent. That means GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann, a one-time candidate for president, can be a delegate.

"We're very happy," said Pastor Kevin Erickson, a national delegate elected out of the 8th Congressional District. "From Minnesota, we'll cast 32 votes for Ron Paul. The rest, we'll see what happens."

The strength of Paul's supporters means several well known Republicans will not be headed to Tampa. They include former Congressman Mark Kennedy, state Rep. Keith Downey, Republican Party Treasurer Bron Scherer, Republican Party Deputy Party Chair Kelly Fenton and 6th District Republican Party Chair Jen Niska.
    more at link

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col...arly_swe.shtml
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WOW just WOW. Thank you for all the hard work guys.

Holy crap, Minnesota!! That is incredible. *bow to the grassroots*

Bachmann...in the middle of the MN Delegation...surrounded by defenders of liberty.
    This is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    Bachmann...in the middle of the MN Delegation...surrounded by defenders of liberty.
    This is just too good.
    Maybe they can explain to her why the Patriot Act and indefinite detention without due process are bad things....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Maybe they can explain to her why the Patriot Act and indefinite detention without due process are bad things....
    As much as I would have liked to see her ousted, this could be a good thing. We are BOUND (pun intended) to rub off on her
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Kudos to all the MN members here who put forth some effort towards this achievement. Awesome.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2 down. 3 to go?

Paul supporters have said repeatedly that they are likely to back presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney in November

wat

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Maybe my dog will be the next Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by justatrey View Post
    Paul supporters have said repeatedly that they are likely to back presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney in November

wat

PeacePlan

Just got back from this and all I can say is RP people are now in control of MN GOP.

Started yesterday when the old guard GOPers tried to get Dan Severson endorsed. We got 53% of the first vote for our guy Kurt Bills and Severson got 23% (we needed 60%) We went to a second round of voting and we then got enough to get Kurt Bills endorsed by GOP.

Today we voted on 13 delegates and 13 alternates. We could have taken all 13 delegates and denied Michelle Bachmann a spot. One of our delegates gave up his spot for Michelle. i had mixed feelings at first and thought we should have just taken hers too. It was a gesture of good will and i think it may help some of the rest of them accept us more. They now know if you want to get ahead in MN You had better be a Ron Paul republican or we won't vote for you.

We have 7 of the board of directors of MN GOP as Paul supporters..

They tried to beat us with a Romney "Unity Slate" - it did not work..

They now know that resistance is futile.............

It was a good gesture on the part of the delegate to cede his spot. Last time she didn't show up. The alternate will likely be a Paul supporter. I met so many great people this weekend. The amount of influence we held. The numbers. Tears to my eyes. I'm a grown man and I get emotional over this. lol More work to be done. This can be done people. We're winning.

I HEREBY DECLARE THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO BE IMMEDIATELY RE-NAMED AS

WINNESOTA!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Thanks for the reports
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just super nice going guys
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Donating to Bachmann a seat to Tampa strategically located in the middle of all the Ron Paul people is a gesture of goodwill. It should be clear that she didn't win it, we gave it to her. if we did the 2nd round of balloting, our guy would get it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."
    ~Ron Paul

RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

Hey STEBBINS!!! High-five!
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Great work! This is so encouraging!

my comment below the article:

I too will write Ron Paul's name in if I must. I don't know a single Ron Paul supporter who would do otherwise, nor do I know anyone who is a "former" Paul supporter. Everyone in my extended family who is old enough to vote, from youngsters in their 20's to my Mom who is in her 80's is planning on doing the same. To do otherwise is to throw one's vote away.

Once your eyes have been opened to the charade played by the establishment politicians of either stripe, (R) or (D), you cannot stomach them any more. Romney, Obama: virtually no difference, certainly not enough to consider the two a choice.
    If you've had to change your support from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Santorum to Gingrich and now to Romney, then you watch too much television.

If you think the establishment politicians much care whether Romney or Obama is elected, you watch too much television.

If you don't like the prospect of telling your kids or grandkids how much is their share of the national debt or how they can now be indefinitely detained, etc ad nauseum, then vote Ron Paul.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    Just got back from this and all I can say is RP people are now in control of MN GOP.

Started yesterday when the old guard GOPers tried to get Dan Severson endorsed. We got 53% of the first vote for our guy Kurt Bills and Severson got 23% (we needed 60%) We went to a second round of voting and we then got enough to get Kurt Bills endorsed by GOP.

Today we voted on 13 delegates and 13 alternates. We could have taken all 13 delegates and denied Michelle Bachmann a spot. One of our delegates gave up his spot for Michelle. i had mixed feelings at first and thought we should have just taken hers too. It was a gesture of good will and i think it may help some of the rest of them accept us more. They now know if you want to get ahead in MN You had better be a Ron Paul republican or we won't vote for you.

They tried to beat us with a Romney "Unity Slate" - it did not work..

They now know that resistance is futile.............

The media's version of the bolded text:

Another potential Paul delegate, Don Huizenga,dropped his bid after he didn't pick up the needed 50 percent. That means GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann, a one-time candidate for president, can be a delegate.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Great work! This is so encouraging!

my comment below the article:
    I was just going to post this in its' entirety because i thought it was a fantastic comment!

I added my two cents as well.

"Another potential Paul delegate, Don Huizenga,dropped his bid after he didn't pick up the needed 50 percent. That means GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann, a one-time candidate for president, can be a delegate."

This is a factually inaccurate statement. The Ron Paul delegate conceded to Ms. Bachman in lieu of a runoff out of courtesy to the Congresswoman. In light of the way Ms. Bachman has treated Dr. Paul in the past, she is very fortunate that Paul's supporters have integrity.

Posted by Kathy88 | May 19, 2012 8:51 PM
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    I was just going to post this in its' entirety because i thought it was a fantastic comment!

I added my two cents as well.

"Another potential Paul delegate, Don Huizenga,dropped his bid after he didn't pick up the needed 50 percent. That means GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann, a one-time candidate for president, can be a delegate."

This is a factually inaccurate statement. The Ron Paul delegate conceded to Ms. Bachman in lieu of a runoff out of courtesy to the Congresswoman. In light of the way Ms. Bachman has treated Dr. Paul in the past, she is very fortunate that Paul's supporters have integrity.

Posted by Kathy88 | May 19, 2012 8:51 PM
    Great comment. A huge congratulations to the grassroots in Minnesota!

Bachmann had better get aboard the Freedom Train if she knows what's good for her career, because if not she will be one of the first to be ousted in the next Congressional election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by justatrey View Post

wat
    Doesn't worry me. Sounds like they're still trying to be as stealthy as they can and play nice. I don't see these folks actually voting for Romney considering the work put in to win that convention so resoundingly.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post

So did Severson lose support on the 2nd round to Bills or was it Hegseth people that defected?

Explain more on the board of directors and what they do please. Great job guys, you make us all proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    So did Severson lose support on the 2nd round to Bills or was it Hegseth people that defected?

Explain more on the board of directors and what they do please. Great job guys, you make us all proud!
    Both Severson and Hegseth lost support on the 2nd ballot. Before the convention lots of delegates were identified with Bills as their second choice. They saw Bills was going to win and changed their vote. I don't know anything about the board of directors.

Mega props to all for their hard work in Minnesota!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast