Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS executes American journalist.

IS executes American journalist.

Blowback is starting. Obama was stupid to get the US involved in this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arning-US.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is bad.

You can watch the full video of course if you know where to look. It was quite disturbing. But the ISIS member basically just flatly lays it out, calls out Obama and says they are doing this because of the airstrikes. Stuff like this if it continues though can easily be used as another excuse for another full blown war...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

We didn't learn our lesson from the 80's when we trained and funded Bin laden, so why should we expect any different when we train and fund so called "Freedom fighters" in Syria? While, sure this is blowback from our airstrikes, but this is a group we're largely responsible for creating. You can't play both sides of a war and not expect to get burned by it. Just another example in a long line of examples of a very incompetent foreign policy that will take years to unwind, if that's even possible. The defense contractors should be happy though, another drum to add to their war drums solo.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

It was even more stupid of the beheaded American to go to Iraq....He went looking for trouble and found it. Go blame his family for not talking him out of going.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    It was even more stupid of the beheaded American to go to Iraq....He went looking for trouble and found it. Go blame his family for not talking him out of going.
    Both were not smart moves. But Obama dropping bombs was many times stupider.

This is confirming my worst fears guys.

I have been rather anxious since America started their campaign against TIS.

This is not Al Qaeda, this is for all intents and purposes a state, a country, with an army of nearly 100,000, with literally billions of dollars, with tanks, planes, helicopters, scuds, everything.

They weren't attacking, or targeting Americans. They had no reason to, no excuse to, people would have blamed them infact because it would bring a justified reaction from America to their doorsteps.

What a stupid stupid move for Obama, this is GOING TO CAUSE BLOWBACK. Americans need to get their heads out of their ***es and realize you can't just go cowboy mode all over the world.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    This is confirming my worst fears guys.

I have been rather anxious since America started their campaign against TIS.

This is not Al Qaeda, this is for all intents and purposes a state, a country, with an army of nearly 100,000, with literally billions of dollars, with tanks, planes, helicopters, scuds, everything.

They weren't attacking, or targeting Americans. They had no reason to, no excuse to, people would have blamed them infact because it would bring a justified reaction from America to their doorsteps.

What a stupid stupid move for Obama, this is GOING TO CAUSE BLOWBACK. Americans need to get their heads out of their ***es and realize you can't just go cowboy mode all over the world.
    If you ask me, both sides are trash. ISIS doesn't have enough power to attack our military, so they take it out on innocent people. Two wrongs don't make a right, but both the US and ISIS think that it does. Every wrong serves as a justification for even more wrongs in a downward spiral.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    If you ask me, both sides are trash. ISIS doesn't have enough power to attack our military, so they take it out on innocent people. Two wrongs don't make a right, but both the US and ISIS think that it does. Every wrong serves as a justification for even more wrongs in a downward spiral.
    Sure I agree, no need to target civilians. But there's a certain mentality especially for war torn Middle Easterners which is essentially a policy of an eye for an eye. It's to say "if you're going to target our civilians we'll target yours" when 9/11 happened even ordinary Arabs who weren't al qaeda or hardline islamists, would say America deserved it for going around the world bombing civilians left and right.

Osama said it after 9/11 that "America, and those who live in America will not dream of security until we live in security in Palestine" as wrong as it is to kill civilians, when your own people and civilians are being killed, those lines of morality unfortunately start to blur.

I want to see an end to the attacks on both sides because this type of escalation literally could cause a WWIII scenario. The Middle East is pretty much up for grabs right now with so many countries in turmoil, Iran wants a piece of it, America wants piece of it, Saudi Arabia wants a piece of it, Israel is continuing their policies to take Palestinian land.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure I agree, no need to target civilians. But there's a certain mentality especially for war torn Middle Easterners which is essentially a policy of an eye for an eye. It's to say "if you're going to target our civilians we'll target yours" when 9/11 happened even ordinary Arabs who weren't al qaeda or hardline islamists, would say America deserved it for going around the world bombing civilians left and right.

Osama said it after 9/11 that "America, and those who live in America will not dream of security until we live in security in Palestine" as wrong as it is to kill civilians, when your own people and civilians are being killed, those lines of morality unfortunately start to blur.

I want to see an end to the attacks on both sides because this type of escalation literally could cause a WWIII scenario. The Middle East is pretty much up for grabs right now with so many countries in turmoil, Iran wants a piece of it, America wants piece of it, Saudi Arabia wants a piece of it, Israel is continuing their policies to take Palestinian land.

you see what i see
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Nothing to see here. Just building the pretext to turn the military attention back toward Syria....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He went missing while working in Syria in 2012.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I am sure the Redcoats thought it was lame that the Americans didn't stand and fight all lined up in a field in broad daylight too.

Our government is killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people. They are going to fight with whatever means they can come up with. Playing by rules made up by super powers are meaningless to those that are being dominated.

The easy answer is to leave Iraq and not defend some embassy compound where we aren't wanted. The people of that region are much more in the right to want us to leave than we are to insist on staying and defending some consulate in Erbil.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This is bad.

You can watch the full video of course if you know where to look. It was quite disturbing. But the ISIS member basically just flatly lays it out, calls out Obama and says they are doing this because of the airstrikes. Stuff like this if it continues though can easily be used as another excuse for another full blown war...
    If you're in the UK, merely watching the video is considered an act of terror.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28864083

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    He went missing while working in Syria in 2012.
    Oh please....you talk like Syria is safer than Iraq....It was stupid of the beheaded American to go to Syria....He went looking for trouble and found it. Go blame his family for not talking him out of going.

Oh please....you talk like Syria is safer than Iraq....It was stupid of the beheaded American to go to Syria....He went looking for trouble and found it. Go blame his family for not talking him out of going.

Is everyone sure this isn't a false flag?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Won't help their cause.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Is everyone sure this isn't a false flag?

I watched it on liveleak... I didn't see any execution scene; there was no gore. Looked pretty hollywoodesqe to me:

A feed of "no blood" knife to throat sawing action.
    Then a slide transition to a panaromic still shot of a lifeless headless body.

My tinfoil take:

CIA probably already knows the kid is 2 years dead and dust in the desert. Invented the whole video.
    Family is in on it and gets a no disclosure contract, ability to "help" fight terrorism, and a fat government check.
    The confession is a look alike agent; with light video edit.
    The gore was never shown
    The decapitated head was a photoshop job on a panaromic still frame.

of course it could be authentic...

I'm not sure which would be more $#@!ed up.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I am torn between revenge for the airstrikes and staging a killing so the USA can get even more involved.Most of my suspicions come from that orange suit and why in the hell would you directly challenge the USA to a war.Every sane person would take the deal where the USA drops a few bombs here and there while you wait for the next conflict that will turn its attention opposite a direct confrontation with the USA + its proxies + Russia and Iran and their proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    I am torn between revenge for the airstrikes and staging a killing so the USA can get even more involved.Most of my suspicions come from that orange suit and why in the hell would you directly challenge the USA to a war.Every sane person would take the deal where the USA drops a few bombs here and there while you wait for the next conflict that will turn its attention opposite a direct confrontation with the USA + its proxies + Russia and Iran and their proxies.
    unless us invading is exactly what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Osama bin Laden knew they couldn't sail the seven seas, and invade America, or fly bombs over American military targets, so he coaxed America into wars. Since then "jihadis" have gone from a select group of "weird bearded men" to literally whole countries being turned into Jihadis (Afgh, Syria, Iraq, Libya, etc).

So IS might have similar goals, to coax America into another war they can't win. You can't win a war when the whole population is against you, because even if you suppress those enemies, once you leave, they come right back, probably stronger, with more support.

But really this situation was started by America, because IS targetted no americans, so this appears to be simple retaliation, they figure they're already at war with America, so they may as well retaliate.

Osama bin Laden knew they couldn't sail the seven seas, and invade America, or fly bombs over American military targets, so he coaxed America into wars. Since then "jihadis" have gone from a select group of "weird bearded men" to literally whole countries being turned into Jihadis (Afgh, Syria, Iraq, Libya, etc).

So IS might have similar goals, to coax America into another war they can't win. You can't win a war when the whole population is against you, because even if you suppress those enemies, once you leave, they come right back, probably stronger, with more support.

But really this situation was started by America, because IS targetted no americans, so this appears to be simple retaliation, they figure they're already at war with America, so they may as well retaliate.
    If Osama intended that, and I don't doubt it, he miscalculated. Although I would not call anything the US has done since 9/11 a victory, 9/11 certainly did not reduced American military presence in the Middle East. So if the goal was to send the US limping home like it did the USSR, mission not accomplished. I can't imagine anyone thinking that a single execution would derail the US military machine at this point. So why?

I'm not one to holler false flag everytime something bad happens. But when the "event" is so isolated and easy to control as this, I do ask "who benefits?". And if I can't see how the alleged perps benefit, I start to wondering. I don't buy the usual answer that they are stupid or insane. That's too facil. Somebody did this - whatever it is - for a strategic reason. So who benefits? The US military contractors benefit. Anyone who is afraid of IS benefits. I don't see any benefit for IS unless maybe for recruiting or troop morale?

On the other hand, maybe it IS just retaliation in anger. In which case, they actually ARE stupid or at least ignorant of how things work in a major industrial democracy dominated by the military industrial complex. Mitch McConnell and John McCain LOVE this.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

In other news from recent past:

McCain Didn’t Realize He Was Posing With Rebel Kidnapper, Spokesman Says

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

Obama's $195 Million Aid Package for Al Qaeda-Led Syrian Rebels
    Aug 8, 2013 - President Barack Obama's announcement of an additional $195 million in humanitarian and food aid to Syrian rebels came a day after Al ...

REUTERS
    09/15/2013 02:43

IDF mum on how the steady flow of wounded from the Syria civil war enter Israel, looking for treatment.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Syr...re-here-326110

Israel Rescues Al-Qaeda Terrorists From Syria

Fighters being treated in field hospitals and sent back to front lines

Paul Joseph Watson
    May 9, 2013

Syria: The Strange US/Israel/Al-Qaeda Ménage à Trois

Daniel McAdams at 15:44 pm EDT on September 28, 2012

A little more than a week after the extremists linked to Al-Qaeda by our own US government set up and murdered Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the United States would send an additional $45 million to the very same Al-Qaeda’s Syrian franchise.
    Yes you read that right: The US is sending another $45 million to assist in Syria the same people it is fighting in Afghanistan and the same people who killed US Ambassador Chris Stevens in Libya.
    Interestingly, the US, Israel, and Al-Qaeda all agree that the rebels in Syria, many of whom are foreign jihadists, must succeed in overthrowing the Assad government. That is like an all-you-can-eat luncheon buffet in front of hungry conspiracy theorists.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...enage-a-trois/

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Won't help their cause.
    Personally I could care less about "their Cause"..

But I would really love to see the US really lose dramatically and decisively.
    It is overdue.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Won't help their cause.
    Yeah, apparently IS hasn't learned anything about PR or blow-back either.

Meanwhile, back at neoconservative headquarters, they are busy taking full advantage of this...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

that video was stupid. Fake without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, apparently IS hasn't learned anything about PR or blow-back either.

Meanwhile, back at neoconservative headquarters, they are busy taking full advantage of this...
    Sad but true. I attribute IS and the isreali/palistian war for the raise of Bush and Christie in the polls.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

NJ state Senator Raymond J. Lesniak (D)

Barbarians! They should be wiped off the face of the earth.
    https://www.facebook.com/SenatorLesn...32164983548411

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    If Osama intended that, and I don't doubt it, he miscalculated. Although I would not call anything the US has done since 9/11 a victory, 9/11 certainly did not reduced American military presence in the Middle East. So if the goal was to send the US limping home like it did the USSR, mission not accomplished. I can't imagine anyone thinking that a single execution would derail the US military machine at this point. So why?

I'm not one to holler false flag everytime something bad happens. But when the "event" is so isolated and easy to control as this, I do ask "who benefits?". And if I can't see how the alleged perps benefit, I start to wondering. I don't buy the usual answer that they are stupid or insane. That's too facil. Somebody did this - whatever it is - for a strategic reason. So who benefits? The US military contractors benefit. Anyone who is afraid of IS benefits. I don't see any benefit for IS unless maybe for recruiting or troop morale?

On the other hand, maybe it IS just retaliation in anger. In which case, they actually ARE stupid or at least ignorant of how things work in a major industrial democracy dominated by the military industrial complex. Mitch McConnell and John McCain LOVE this.
    One theory i could suggest is, IS may be trying to persuade not the American government, but rather the American people because many Americans do not want a third Iraq war, and they do not want more American blood shed. Them showing the execution of one American civilian shows they will kill American civilians, everyone still remembers that day the twin towers fell, and no one wants to relive something like that, I think they're trying to send that message to Americans, so they pressure their government into not pursuing military intervention.

The entire proposition is scary though because I really do think IS is far more capable of mayhem and destruction than the original Al Qaeda under OBL. More money, more people, more organization, heck even more zeal.

IS executes American journalist.

Sure they did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast