Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex changes for 15 Y/O State funded

Sex changes for 15 Y/O State funded

Oregon allowing 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized sex-change operations

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...cmp=latestnews

The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo -- even go to a tanning bed.

But, under a first-in-the-nation policy quietly enacted in January that many parents are only now finding out about, 15-year-olds are now allowed to get a sex-change operation. Many residents are stunned to learn they can do it without parental notification -- and the state will even pay for it through its Medicaid program, the Oregon Health Plan.

"It is trespassing on the hearts, the minds, the bodies of our children," said Lori Porter of Parents' Rights in Education. "They're our children. And for a decision, a life-altering decision like that to be done unbeknownst to a parent or guardian, it's mindboggling."

In a statement, Oregon Health Authority spokeswoman Susan Wickstrom explained it this way: "Age of medical consent varies by state. Oregon law -- which applies to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid Oregonians -- states that the age of medical consent is 15."

While 15 is the medical age of consent in the state, the decision to cover sex-change operations specifically was made by the Health Evidence Review Commission (HERC).

Members are appointed by the governor and paid by the state of Oregon. With no public debate, HERC changed its policy to include cross-sex hormone therapy, puberty-suppressing drugs and gender-reassignment surgery as covered treatments for people with gender dysphoria, formally known as gender identity disorder.

HERC officials refused repeated requests by Fox News for an interview and even gave Fox News inaccurate information about the medical director's work schedule.

Oregon Health Authority officials directed Fox News to their website. It shows transgender policy was discussed at four meetings in 2014. It was passed without any opposition or even discussion about teenagers' new access to undergoing a sex change.

Gender dysphoria is classified by the American Psychiatric Association as a mental disorder in which a person identifies as the sex opposite of his or her birth. It is rare, affecting one out of every 20,000 males and one out of every 50,000 females.

According to a 2008 study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, "most children with gender dysphoria will not remain gender dysphoric after puberty."

Dr. Paul McHugh, who led the Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Department and still practices, said Oregon's policy amounts to child abuse. "We have a very radical and even mutilating treatment being offered to children without any evidence that the long-term outcome of this would be good," McHugh said.

Dr. Jack Drescher, a member of the APA who worked on the Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders Work Group, says treatment for gender dysphoria has received a lot more attention in recent years. He said this year New York changed its policy to cover cross-sex hormone drugs and sex-reassignment surgery for Medicaid recipients who are at least 18 years old. He thinks Oregon is offering the treatment too early.

"Children age 15 may not fully understand all the consequences of the procedures they are undergoing," he said.

Jenn Burleton disagrees. She underwent a sex-reassignment surgery and started the Portland non-profit group TransActive. She said requiring parental consent would lead to more suffering and teen suicide attempts.

"Parents may not be supportive," Burleton said. "They may not be in an environment where they feel the parent will affirm their identity, this may have been going on for years."

The science is unsettled. A 2010 Murad study concluded "very low quality evidence suggests sex reassignment ... improves gender dysphoria and overall quality of life." The authors admitted the evidence was "sparse and inconclusive."

Lisa Maloney, a parent and Scappoose, Ore., School Board member, is outraged.

"To know that taxpayers are now on the hook for that, that a child can do that without their parent's knowledge or information or consent, parents have absolutely no say, that's appalling," Maloney said.

The Oregon Health Authority could not say how many Medicaid recipients have been treated for gender dysphoria since the new policy took effect in January. Oregon has 935,000 people enrolled in the Oregon Health Plan. HERC assumes between 14 and 112 of them may be gender dysphoric. It estimates the total cost of adding cross-sex hormone therapy, puberty-suppressing drugs and sex reassignment surgeries to the coverage will be no more than $150,000 per year.

But HERC also believes the state will save money due to fewer suicide attempts. It estimates there will be one less suicide attempt per year. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the average cost per suicide attempt in the U.S. is $7,234.

But Dr. McHugh says a sex-change operation, especially for young people with gender dysphoria, is never appropriate.

"We can help them if we begin to explore with them and their families what they're fearing about development, what they're fearing about being a young boy, a young adolescent appropriate to themselves."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems absolutely bat $#@! crazy. Why is this news?

The end is here.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have 2 theories, either kids are confused from all of this transgender homosexual nonsense, or something is in the water and food. I think it's a combination of both
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I have 2 theories, either kids are confused from all of this transgender homosexual nonsense, or something is in the water and food. I think it's a combination of both
    It's the chem trails.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Doesnt transgenders know this will make people not like them even more? Society doesnt owe them $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Doesnt transgenders know this will make people not like them even more? Society doesnt owe them $#@!.
    The movement is becoming corrupted by agent sabateurs, I reckon. Or just corruption of the movement "leaders".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dr. Paul McHugh, who led the Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Department and still practices, said Oregon's policy amounts to child abuse. "We have a very radical and even mutilating treatment being offered to children without any evidence that the long-term outcome of this would be good," McHugh said.
    My thoughts exactly.

How is this different from a random stranger offering your child a hit of their meth pipe?

....Ah, right, it's more damaging: and permanently so.

Jenn Burleton disagrees. She He underwent a sex-reassignment surgery and started the Portland non-profit group TransActive. She He said requiring parental consent would lead to more suffering and teen suicide attempts obstruct his political agenda.
    The science is unsettled. A 2010 Murad study concluded "very low quality evidence suggests sex reassignment ... improves gender dysphoria and overall quality of life." The authors admitted the evidence was "sparse and inconclusive." This is pure horse$#@! driven by politics not science.

Just think if Arizona had this policy when HB was 15. He might be happily married now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I've read that chemicals exuded from plastic, such as water bottles, suppress male hormones.

I think there might be chemical effects. But the real issue is that many of these kids are being horrifically abused as children. It makes them deranged when they grow older. Many of them are from broken homes.

Also, huge numbers of them (in particular the ones with liberal parents) are being indoctrinated in the way of "tolerance" and "equality" from an extremely young age. I've met children as young as 12 who have a vicious hatred for white males, the patriarchy, and Republicans. In some of these liberal communities, being gay is a badge of honor, with more than half of the girls identifying as "bisexual", and most of the boys walking around dressed in tight pants, gelled hair, and speaking with a slight lisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just think if Arizona had this policy when HB was 15. He might be happily married now.
    You truly are the Creepy Uncle of RPFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This is too young for a full sex-change operation. There is nothing stopping transgender people from changing their outward physical appearance gender (gender presentation) to match their current mental gender (gender identity). The word "current" is key. That can change. There have been far too many people who have had this irreversible surgery only to later have terrible regrets about it. The medical community should not perform this plastic surgery until much later, to ensure that it is not something that will change. There used to be a fairly extensive and long term evaluation process to screen patients before doing this. Doing this at 15 is not advisable and would not allow for sufficient screening. Over 30 would probably be better to ensure that their mental state is more mature and fully developed. Once again, there is nothing that prevents someone from living their life the way they want, with the outward gender presentation they prefer without that irreversible surgery.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Medicaid has gone so far beyond helping the poor. Not that I think that was its primary goal to begin with, but I'm not sure how anyone can justify this.

I want breast implants . . . for my dick. That's right, I want boobs protruding off my penis. Strange, you say? Well I want it. Pay for it someone! or else you're all heartless punks, and I'll never vote for you in election over that other candidate who gives me everything I want for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The LGBT movement is all about peeeeeaaaaace and haaaaaaarmony. They just want to be left aloooooone. Love is love, and women can have penises! Isn't our enlightened age wonderful?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

When perverts gain acceptance, perversion is the result.

This is crazy at that age! Does the boy really want to be a woman? Or some graphic novel idealization of a strong female? "Do you want to be a woman or a Sailor Moon?"
    Same thing for females wanting to be male.
    At the age when young people are still looking for role models and starting to get interested in...other things, there's room for confusion.
    And this is entirely separate from the issue of parents' rights.
    Fifteen is too young and drama-packed to be making this decision IMO.

Having to pay for this makes it 1000X worse.

Gender dysphoria is classified by the American Psychiatric Association as a mental disorder in which a person identifies as the sex opposite of his or her birth. It is rare, affecting one out of every 20,000 males and one out of every 50,000 females.
    Wait, wut?

That can't be right...you mean over twice as many females want to be male?

Must be the patriarchy.

This story absolutely blows my mind. First, kids that age are not old enough to enter into a contract.... must be 18. Oregon needs their ass sued a few good times and they will get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Let's go even further. To compel a person to furnish contributions of money to things which they do like is sinful and tyrannical.

For instance, a person might like enhanced breasts. Does that mean that person should be compelled to pay for anyone who wants breast implants? Why should the government be paying for plastic surgery? Now if said person wanted to contribute money to the Hooters Foundation Fund for Breast Augmentation, then good for them. But to compel them to give money for this is still tyrannical.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    This story absolutely blows my mind. First, kids that age are not old enough to enter into a contract.... must be 18. Oregon needs their ass sued a few good times and they will get the message.
    Kinda interesting how kids at 15 cant drink, smoke or vote because they dont make logical and rash decisions. But they are allowed to make the decision to cut off their dicks or sew a finger onto their urethra to act as a penis.

this puts the FUN in Fungible!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

We are nation being forced to abandon reason for madness.

If people actually stopped and thought for a minute, they would realize how ridiculous this is. That's why people who oppose the LGBT agenda are called "bigots," it's to suppress the natural feelings of anger they have at this.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    If people actually stopped and thought for a minute, they would realize how ridiculous this is. That's why people who oppose the LGBT agenda are called "bigots," it's to suppress the natural feelings of anger they have at this.
    If you have to stop and think about it you're confused already. This is insanity, clear, bright and in shining detail.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let's go even further. To compel a person to furnish contributions of money to things which they do like is sinful and tyrannical.

For instance, a person might like enhanced breasts. Does that mean that person should be compelled to pay for anyone who wants breast implants? Why should the government be paying for plastic surgery? Now if said person wanted to contribute money to the Hooters Foundation Fund for Breast Augmentation, then good for them. But to compel them to give money for this is still tyrannical.

Expect more of this, and more things even more outrageous than this.

Taxpayers will begin to be compelled to fund every kind of perversion that exists. This opened the floodgates. Mark my words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast