Thread: Rand Paul on cover of TIME: 'The Most Interesting Man in American Politics'

Rand Paul on cover of TIME: 'The Most Interesting Man in American Politics'

You need a subscription to access the article, or read it at your local bookstore / doctor's office in the October 27th issue. There is a set of photos at the top of the page you can scroll through.

http://time.com/3510500/rand-paul-gop-road/

update: he's on the cover

Last edited by jct74; 10-16-2014 at 10:03 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol at one of the pics and caption...

Senator Rand Paul's boots are seen as he talks with students at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, S.C. on Sept. 30th, 2014.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

LOL, he's actually on the cover. See OP for pic.

link to site for Time Magazine:
    http://time.com/magazine/

here's another article about Rand in the same issue I guess:
    http://time.com/3512673/game-changer/

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    lol at one of the pics and caption...

Senator Rand Paul's boots are seen as he talks with students at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, S.C. on Sept. 30th, 2014.
    Dang! Those look like they've seen some miles. I wonder how many times they've been re-soled.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Rand loses the primary, he should just hold out like Taft and force the GOP to come to him.

What's everyone's opinion of the photo they used for the cover? What's the impression they're trying to create with this image?

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    What's everyone's opinion of the photo they used for the cover? What's the impression they're trying to create with this image?
    Idk, I'm neutral on the image. I don't like the title of the article though "The Reinventions of Rand Paul" -- who knows where that could end up going lol.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I've changed my mind about TIME. They're OK.

At moments like this it's kind of amazing to look back at how much Ron Paul was ignored, mocked, and marginalized, and then to see his son have such an incredible run like this just a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    At moments like this it's kind of amazing to look back at how much Ron Paul was ignored, mocked, and marginalized, and then to see his son have such an incredible run like this just a few years later.
    We'll see.

Let's hope this really is success and not all a set up or some sort of game.

I'm withholding real judgment, but it's great to see Rand getting this kind of press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Regardless of their motives (the media in general these last few months), they are boosting Rand's name recognition and exposure immensely and for that I am grateful. The GOP voter wants someone who seems electable and respectable on a national stage and Rand is already asserting his position among the media-ordained top tier. This is very important for the casual red sheep.

In other words, 95% of the people who see this cover will not read the article so it doesn't matter what it says. Those who do read it are more likely to already have a position on Rand. Good cover photo + good title = winning.
    Last edited by Shane Harris; 10-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Which title is it? 'The Most Interesting Man in Politics' or 'The Most Interesting Man in American Politics'? The pic on his tweet says one while the op shows another.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    Which title is it? 'The Most Interesting Man in Politics' or 'The Most Interesting Man in American Politics'? The pic on his tweet says one while the op shows another.
    I'd assume the latter is the cover for the international edition.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.