Thread: Associated Press Calls the Race for Thomas Massie!

Associated Press Calls the Race for Thomas Massie!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/e...CTION=POLITICS

We are going to have an RPF member in the U.S. Congress!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet! Congrads!!!!
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Sweet! Congrads!!!!
    Congrats Massie!

How is Hightowers going?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

How is Hightowers going?
    They seem to be taking their sweet time counting the votes. 9 out of 33 precincts counted (and absentees). I'm up by a dozen votes. #tight

They seem to be taking their sweet time counting the votes. 9 out of 33 precincts counted (and absentees). I'm up by a dozen votes. #tight
    brb, I shall go sacrifice a small mammal to curry the gods' favor!

Anywhere online we can watch? I'm rooting for you!

Chris. Where is a link to your race?

ahhhh!!!!!!!! First I've been online since this morning... and this is the first thing i came to check.
    This is awesome!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Chris. Where is a link to your race?
    Here's one:
    http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/01/2...-kentucky.html

Hightower 80 votes
    Wilson 71 votes

Woot! Rand said he was leading in the polls!

Congratulations! So happy...for all of us! #freedom #peace #prosperity
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

ww.ket.org will have a live stream for KY coverage in minutes (8 cental).

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

-Plato

Thomas gets it
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

A sure win for Liberty and clearly a bump for Rand in KY...The original Tea Party is still strong.

We've had a lot of solid electoral successes since our movement started 5 years ago.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    We've had a lot of solid electoral successes since our movement started 5 years ago.
    Am I correct in saying, we have had more success than the LP and CP combined has had since their inceptions? I do believe so.

MOST congressional districts in this country are NOT competitive. You're either almost certain to win or almost certain to lose. The cook PVI for the district is R+14. The general is thus a lock. The republican won 70% to 30% in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Am I correct in saying, we have had more success than the LP and CP combined has had since their inceptions? I do believe so.
    They're not serious about electorally winning. If they were, all they would have to do is concentrate them on a few races (which is sort of what we do). Instead, they spread their resources thinly and nobody wins congressional or senate races for the lp and cp.

Woot, Thomas! Fantastic!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Yea, it would be great if we focused on taking control of the GOP from bottom up rather than wasting money on CP and LP candidates that get 2-3% of the vote.

Also, congratulations to Massie and Hightower!

Massie got 19,684 votes in ONE Congressional District (Kentucky has 6 districts)
    Paul got 21,726 votes STATEWIDE

So clearly there was no "reverse coat-tail" effect here. In other words there are a lot of Massie voters who also voted Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Massie got 19,684 votes in ONE Congressional District (Kentucky has 6 districts)
    Paul got 21,726 votes STATEWIDE

So clearly there was no "reverse coat-tail" effect here. In other words there are a lot of Massie voters who also voted Romney.
    That region is very Catholic and very Santorum as well. Rand running wouldn't help Ron.

Woohooo!!! Congratulations, Chris and Thomas!!! Fantastic wins tonight.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    ahhhh!!!!!!!! First I've been online since this morning... and this is the first thing i came to check.
    This is awesome!!
    +1776
    Great news!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.