Thread: Woman Frisked, Jailed, For Not Renewing Dog License

Woman Frisked, Jailed, For Not Renewing Dog License

A western Michigan woman heads to court Tuesday after being arrested for failing to renew her dog’s license.

Becky Rehr says she drove to the Kalamazoo County sheriff’s office June 23 to prove that she’s recently renewed the license for the family’s 11-year-old dog, Dexter. Rehr’s 14-year-old daughter waited in the car as her mother was arrested, fingerprinted and held for three hours, The Kalamazoo Gazette said.

“They frisked me and put me in this intake cell with all these inmates in orange jumpsuits,” Rehr said. “I was pretty nervous.”

Failure to license a dog is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and $100 fine.

County animal control Director Steve Lawrence said his office gave the 47-year-old Cooper Township woman numerous phone, mail and in-person notices of the need to renew the license. The last was a phone warning that a warrant would be requested unless she got a license by May 28.

A hearing on the misdemeanor case is scheduled Tuesday before District Judge Christopher Haenicke.

“We prefer not for this stuff to go to court,” Lawrence told The Associated Press. “It’s just a $10 license. For some reason, some people like to make it hard for themselves.”

Rehr said she had “every intention of taking care of it. But with the end of the school year and my job, it just totally got put on the back burner.”
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...g-dog-license/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel safer. Thank God, she renewed Dexter's license.

Failure to license a dog is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and $100 fine.
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This isn't just another one of those, "I give you $5.00, if you'll just frisk me again", scams, now is it?

What's the problem?? You don't want to comply you deserve what you get...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

From the City of Tulsa website:

Why Should I License My Dog or Cat?
    The most important reasons to license your dog or cat are:

A lost dog or cat with a license tag has a better chance of being returned to its owner.
    A current license is proof of rabies vaccination and shows your dog or cat is protected from rabies.
    A current license is proof of sterilization which is required in the City of Tulsa.
    https://www.cityoftulsa.org/city-ser...fare/faqs.aspx

Please note that nothing is said about arrest, theft or three months of incarceration. Yet this city of nearly 400,000 has neither vanished off the face of the earth nor been overrun by a rabies epidemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

From 2007 Dana Perino’s Husband Thrown In Jail for not paying an unleashed-dog ticket.

Icy blonde propagandrix Dana Perino isn’t just lying about her boss’s crimes these days — she’s also refusing to comment on the jailing of her husband by federal cops!

The feds locked up Parino’s man, British criminal Peter McMahon, after a federal warrant was issued for his arrest … for not paying an unleashed-dog ticket in time.
    http://wonkette.com/257848/dana-peri...thrown-in-jail

This is another glorious victory for Law & Order. If you don't like the law, vote really hard and change it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They should have thrown the book at this scofflaw to make an example out of her. You can't have people going around ignoring the law or we'll have anarchy people.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “We prefer not for this stuff to go to court,” [County animal control Director Steve] Lawrence told The Associated Press. “It’s just a $10 license. For some reason, some people like to make it hard for themselves.”
    Whose preferences are being served here, Scharführer Lawrence - and who is making what hard for whom?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

They should have thrown the book at this scofflaw to make an example out of her. You can't have people going around ignoring the law or we'll have anarchy people.
    Maybe they should just shoot her dog (but not until after it's license is renewed, of course ...).

I guess the license is kinda like a hit list for the cops right? Need to get some anger out. Get a gps location of some dog and have at er

I refuse to pay the dog tax. They can $#@! off. I am a responsible dog owner, have them chipped, etc.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    I refuse to pay the dog tax. They can $#@! off. I am a responsible dog owner, have them chipped, etc.
    Can I have your name & mailing address? I want to mail you a.... post card ...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I like that she drove over there to get it sorted out and they still had to go through the procedures of sending her to jail.

Even if she was unable to prove the payment, I'm sure she had $10 bucks on her to just pay the damn thing...but nope....gotta throw her in the slammer FIRST...Then get it all sorted out after she's been processed as a criminal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same here. My dog remains unlicensed.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

(The statist force is strong in this one, Obi Wan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Same here. My dog remains unlicensed.

However, it does have it's AARP membership up to date.

American Association of Retired Pets.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    However, it does have it's AARP membership up to date.

American Association of Retired Pets.
    He retired from hardcore dogging years ago but he still enjoys baths, licking his butt, napping, and pooping next to Mr Animal's car door.

In some places, you can use the not-a-dog-it's-a-very-small-bull loophole to get around the dog license, provided he's approved by 2 or more cows:

My dog self identifies as a wolverine, so I don't have to register him.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

My dog self identifies as a wolverine, so I don't have to register him.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    LOL!
    It's the law !

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    War on dogs! They're very scary to cops.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It's the law !
    I want to see the SCOTUS opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    State's rights. Vote with your feet.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.