Thread: Ferguson: no dash-cam video of Michael Brown shooting due to lack of $$$

Ferguson: no dash-cam video of Michael Brown shooting due to lack of $$$

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/fer...html?hpt=hp_t1

Well this is pretty amazing. They don't have a few thousand dollars to install dashcams in friggin' 2014, but they have tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in tanks and other military-grade equipment.

Sheesh.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hahahahahahahahahahha

oh wait they're serious
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post

Well this is pretty amazing. They don't have a few thousand dollars to install dashcams in friggin' 2014, but they have tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in tanks and other military-grade equipment.

Sheesh.
    I think the DoD gave them surplus equipment.

FFS Dash cams are $50 on Amazon and plug into your cigarette lighter.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Guys they obviously need to save up for laser death rays, they cant afford petty stuff like dashcams. MOVE ALONG
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

What about all those fines they issue? Isn't this what people pay property taxes for? Why haven't they just sold off a bearcat or two, or perhaps a few AR's and some of that 50 cal ammo?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I guess we'll have to take the officer's word now.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    FFS Dash cams are $50 on Amazon and plug into your cigarette lighter.
    WHOA! - that's like 10 .50 cal rounds.... maybe 10 minutes of range time...

Yeah, I'm glad these cops have their priorities in order....

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would you invest more in - something that makes you more accountable for your actions or something which makes you less accountable? (Dead men tell no tales.)
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I think the DoD gave them surplus equipment.

There are costs to maintain all those military toys.

I saw a bunch of veterans tweeting about how this PD has way more gear than they had in Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. And then point out...MO, Ferguson. Population: 21,000.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    I guess we'll have to take the officer's word now.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sheesh.

The military equipment is literally free.

A $50 dash cam might seem cheap, but multiply that by all the patrol cars and you might see why money is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post

A $50 dash cam might seem cheap, but multiply that by all the patrol cars and you might see why money is a problem.
    From the article:

Thomas Jackson says his department has 18 patrol cars. This spring, the department purchased two dashboard cameras and two wearable body cameras, but the equipment hasn't been installed because the department doesn't have the money to cover that cost, he said.

A dashcam and installation runs about $3,000, he told CNN.

Who's doing the installation? Sounds like a racket right there.

"Literally free", Huh?

God blessed us on the Eighth Day and Said, 'Let There Be Bearcats.'
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Sheesh.
    A lot of the military equipment is literally that, military, and it is paid for by the military, not the police force. Result is they get something like a Tank that does not come out of their budget.

What I find ironic is they can put enough cameras up to criminalize citizens for so much as spitting, but yeah, cant have a cam to record the incident. The police need to be watched very closely, citizens however should be left alone to make that decision for themselves.

"... anything you say can, and will be used AGAINST you ..."

It says nothing about defending the accused if they are truly innocent.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not really. Pick-up/delivery cost, low gas mileage, storage, modifications, regular maintenance, training, etc., etc., make these vehicles a poor return on investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    What about all those fines they issue? Isn't this what people pay property taxes for?
    Silly!

That money is used to pay the pensions of retired "Just-Us" department employees....

Yes, yes. Moar money is the answer to all your problems with government!

No evidence of murder? - we need moar money!!!
    Lost IRS emails? - we need Moar Money!!!!!
    Immigration overload? - We Need Moar!!!
    Education going down hill? - Moar Money will fix This!!!
    Health Care is out of control?? - MOAR!!!
    Welfare isn't helping poor people? - SHUT UP DAMMIT AND GIVE US MOAR!!!
    Middle East isn't turning out according to plans? - ARE YOU LISTENING?!!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Thomas Jackson says his department has 18 patrol cars. This spring, the department purchased two dashboard cameras and two wearable body cameras, but the equipment hasn't been installed because the department doesn't have the money to cover that cost, he said.

A dashcam and installation runs about $3,000, he told CNN.
    Sounds like they're wasting all the drug money they're stealing on something else.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Bearcats cost between $400-$700 thousand. They are purchased with federal grant money through the DHS. This grant money is obtained through the taxation of citizens or more truthfully from borrowing against future taxation of citizens. Hardly "free." Typical liberal.

Lol!!

I don't have money for J. Alexander's steak dinners because I spend all my money on gold chains! You $#@!ers need to give me more $$$!
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

No credible video = guilty kop.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Bearcats cost between $400-$700 thousand. They are purchased with federal grant money through the DHS. This grant money is obtained through the taxation of citizens or more truthfully from borrowing against future taxation of citizens. Hardly "free." Typical liberal.
    Moreover, you can't take a bearcat to the jiffylube for an oil change. Specialized maintenance is not cheap and could likely pay for -literally- an entire $3000 camera (wtf ever that is).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Luckily for the rest of the readers, there's a small bit of moron in this thread to counterbalance the huge steaming piles of win. Otherwise there could be win overload.