Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Walk Away" movement

Exclamation The "Walk Away" movement

Hmmm...interesting...maybe the "education" campaign is not over after all.

Be interesting to see where this goes, if anywhere.

Viral ‘Walk Away’ Videos Highlight Growing Movement of Democrats Leaving the Party

https://www.theepochtimes.com/viral-...y_2578446.html

By Celia Farber

June 28, 2018 10:27 pm Last Updated: June 29, 2018 10:07 pm

When actor James Woods tweeted out the hashtag “#WalkAway” in late June, even the alt-right missed the enormity of what lay beneath it. The Democratic Party had, in fact, struck an iceberg.

Some 5 million people on Facebook and YouTube have seen the video by now. A very handsome gay man, who you just assume is about to scold you on progressive talking points, instead says this:

“Once upon a time, I was a liberal. Well, to be honest, less than a year ago, I was still a liberal.

“I reject a system which allows an ambitious, misinformed and dogmatic mob to suppress free speech, create false narratives, and apathetically steamroll over the truth.”

And then this devastating line—the Rosa Parks moment of the video:

“I reject hate.”

If Democratic strategists were still able to watch the rest of the video without suffering a nervous breakdown, they’d see that it quickly got worse.

“These are the reasons why I became a liberal. And these are the same reasons why I am now walking away.”
    Tidal Wave

Meet Brandon Straka, the unlikely liberator and new face of the “silent minority” of Americans who’ve been cast out by family and friends, fired from jobs, and forced into silent social ghettos for their failure to “get it” about how hateful and dangerous Donald Trump is, and why he and all his supporters should be subjected to an ever-expanding social and professional fatwah.

Since Straka published his confessional video on May 26, his life as a New York City hairdresser and aspiring actor has been overtaken by a tidal wave.

While speaking to The Epoch Times about the explosion of his #WalkAway campaign, Straka had to occasionally stop to go style a client’s hair, all while fielding a constant barrage of newcomers’ testimonial letters, videos, and emails—over 1,000 a day.

Posted by WalkAway Campaign on Tuesday, May 29, 2018

They gather at his two Facebook groups, “The Unsilent Minority” and “WalkAway Campaign.” Those who have the courage post their own video testimonials about the moment when the abuse, rage, and ugliness of the Democrats caused them to finally leave the party and “walk away.”

“This is so much more than a hashtag on Twitter,” he said. “This is a testimonial campaign, a grassroots movement that is going to change the political landscape of this country.”

And that’s the astonishing twist here: If these people have been driven into the arms of Donald Trump, who’s left on the left?
    Lifelong Democrats

Those who are walking away are not Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables,” but rather, in many cases, lifelong Democrats who simply could not take it any longer and have longed for this very moment, when somebody like them would make it safe for them to come out of the closet and speak their minds.

From urban gay men to staunch liberal grandmothers, from a punk drag queen with black lips to a tattooed lesbian with a mohawk, those posting testimonials all had a breaking point, a moment when they decided to “walk away.”

Lea Anna Bright, in a mohawk, looks into the camera and says in a slow, simmering voice: “This is a Vice article I am reading right now. It says, ‘The activist left doesn’t give a $#@! about your calls for civility. Get ready for a summer of rage.’” She looks up. “This is where the party is going, and this is why I chose to walk away. Peace. Not for me. Bye.”
    A screenshot from the video posted by Lee Anna Bright to the Walk Away Facebook group explaining why she left the Democratic Party. (Screenshot/Lee Anna Bright)

A man adjusts his video camera and sits back. The walls behind him are a tasteful grey-blue. He’s a gay, affluent, native New Yorker, and he’s coming out of the second closet of his life. For Ricky Roberts, the moment came after the Orlando nightclub shootings.

“Trump said he was going to protect gay men, and he did, [with] the travel ban. Hillary was telling Americans not to ‘pick on all Muslims because of this,’” and that did not feel like protection, Roberts says. “I swear to God, wanted to throw my shoe through the TV.

“At that point I was like, I can’t do it anymore. I really can’t.

“You know, listen, I’m a gay guy from New York City, but before that, I’m an American, I’m a patriot. I’m now an uncle.”

His assessment of the Democrats: “From immigration to everything, they are just a disaster.

“They’re anti-American, anti-common sense, rational—anything good, they’re against it.”
    Manipulating Fear

Straka, who grew up in a small town in Nebraska, was on board with the fear and loathing campaign around Trump until he began asking people back home why they had voted for him. To his astonishment, they told him about Obama-era regulations that had crippled their small businesses.

He started to research media canards like the one about Trump supposedly mocking a disabled reporter. When he found that it was a total distortion, he kept going, his anger rising.

He eventually became “completely ‘red-pilled.'” And isolated. He told himself that he would have to give up his lifelong dream of becoming an actor if he hit the “publish” button on his video, but, encouraged by one conservative gay friend, he decided to go ahead.

“This was a matter of the media specifically using and manipulating people’s deepest fears, based on legitimate traumas,” he explained.

“Many gay people have experienced very serious homophobia and even physical violence. Can you imagine manipulating a domestic violence survivor’s fears just for political purposes? It’s insane.

“I was afraid of losing all my friends. As I began posting about these things on social media, people started attacking me and unfriending me.

“But I thought, ‘You know what, this is too important.’ Maybe it’s the fact that I’m a gay man and I’ve already been through this—people making up lies about what it means to be gay and trying to shame me. I was like, ‘I’m not doing it. I’m not doing this twice.’

“The more resentment I received, the stronger I got. Finally, I thought, ‘To hell with it. I’m just going to blow the lid off this whole thing and make this video.’”
    A screenshot from a video uploaded by Ricky Roberts to the “Walk Away” Facebook group, explaining why he has left the Democratic Party. (Screenshot/Ricky Roberts)

The video has garnered 1.3 million views on his Facebook page and has been shared on many other popular pages. It is estimated to have reached some 5 million viewers so far.

There are some 27,000 followers of the Facebook group, with new people posting both video and text testimonials every day. Straka calls them “the patriots.”

“Initially, my focus was on the gay community because I was so angry at how they were [being terrorized],” Straka said. “Then I thought, why should I limit it to just us? They’re doing the same thing to black people. And Hispanic people. And frankly, they’re doing the same thing to everybody in one way or another.

“But it’s really the minorities in America who don’t feel like we have a choice. That’s what they keep telling us over and over: ‘You’re not safe on the right. They don’t want you on the right. They hate you on the right. You’re only safe with us. We are here to protect you.’

“Meanwhile, are you kidding me? You’re here to ‘protect’ me? All you are doing is use my fears to scare the [expletive] out of me—to terrify me and to try to manipulate the way that I vote.”

Libby Albert, one of the WalkAway Facebook group members, said “This is taking off,” citing the snowstorm of thousands of hashtags on Twitter. “It’s kind of incredible.”

Said another: “It’s kind of incredible. It’s OK. Walk away.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MORE BAD NEWS FOR PUTRID DEMOCRATS: #WALKAWAY MOVEMENT BEGINS
    JUNE 29, 2018| BY DONN MARTEN

Democrats may be grief-stricken over the now vacant Supreme Court seat that President Trump will get his chance to fill and you can bet that like Maxine Waters, they will resort to calls for mob action.

But a funny thing appears to have happened on the way to that “blue wave” as the party has become more radicalized, stands for nothing but hate and identity politics and has abandoned searching for solutions to complex problems in a rational, unemotional and pragmatic way.

To sum it up, the entire party has gone just plain bat guano crazy and all indications are that they will be donkey punched come November as any remaining sane people begin to flee the party.

And to make matters worse, there is now a movement that has been started for people to #WalkAway from this looming trainwreck and all of its fascistic and bigoted tendencies as the party meltdown picks up speed.

WalkAway is the brainchild of a longtime liberal who came to the realization that there was nothing liberal about today’s hate mob that is only in name a political party. Brandon Straka who is a gay man from Nebraska became so fed up with the collective madness of the Democrats and started both a Facebook page as well as made a video that doesn’t mince words.

Via PJ Media:

The video has 1,156,248 views on Facebook and over 61,000 views on YouTube. The #WalkAway Facebook page has over 20,000 likes and over 6,000 members.

Straka, a gay man from Nebraska, says that he is one of the liberals who melted down in November of 2016 after Trump was elected. “It’s funny now, but at the time it was completely tragic,” he told conservative podcaster David J. Harris in a recent interview. “I was like a heartbeat away from being that ‘Leave Britney alone!’ guy … crying hysterically,” he said. Straka told Harris that a string of emotional videos he made after the election are still up on his Facebook page. He said the reason he was so devastated was because he believed all of the media lies about Trump being a “racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe, sexual predator.”

He said his evolution away from the lies began when he saw a video that exposed the lie that Trump had made fun of a reporter’s disability.

“It’s a compilation of footage going back to like the nineties,” Straka told Harris. “It’s him doing that exact same voice, and that exact same gesture numerous times when he’s talking about numerous people in numerous situations,” he explained.

“The key common thread witj all of them is — it’s a voice and a gesture that he does when he’s making fun of someone who’s been caught in a lie, or someone who’s done something shady or… dishonest and they’ve gotten caught. It had nothing to do at all with this person’s physical disability. Nothing!” Straka exclaimed.

That revelation led to his realization that the media has gotten a lot of stories wrong about Trump — including his alleged claim that all Mexicans are rapists and his alleged sexual abuse of women.

“Light bulb isn’t even the word,” he said. “It’s like the sun came up.”

From the Facebook page:

The #WalkAway Campaign is a true grassroots movement. It is a video campaign movement, dedicated to sharing the stories of people who can no longer accept the current ideology of liberalism and what the Democratic Party has become. Some left long ago. Many of us have recently been “red-pilled”. Some here have wanted to leave for some time, but have feared the consequences they might suffer from friends or family if they walk away.

This group is here to encourage and support those on the left to walk away from the divisive tenets by allowing people to share their stories, or watch the video testimonies and read the posts of others who have walked away.

But this campaign also serves another very important purpose. For far too long, the left has controlled the narrative in this country in news and media while the “silent majority” on the right have done what they always do- remained silent. The left has been allowed for so long to reinforce the narrative that everybody on the right is a bigot, a racist, a homophobe, a misogynist, etc. But the left has become so extreme, it’s now time to fight back. I want people on the right to use their voices and tell the world the truth about who they are. Please make a video telling everyone what it means to be a conservative in America. What your values really are. Tell minorities on the left who have been told their whole lives that they are not welcome on the right because of the bigotry and hatred of the people on the right that they are welcome. That there is a seat at the table on the right for everybody.

This is a movement of patriots of all walks of life- men, women, black, brown, white, straight, LGBT, religious, un-religious, who share something very important in common… we are Americans. And we want our country back.

Please enjoy the video testimonials and posts, and please leave one of your own!

It’s catching on too as it turns out that blacks aren’t the only mind slaves that the Democrats want to keep on the plantation.

Here’s a sample of some of the early reactions on Twitter and it ain’t looking good for Pelosi’s rabid rat pack.

Read more: https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/mo...vement-begins/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

#MOONwalkAWAY
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Excellent!

It's now time for the Repubs to do the same.
    There is no spoon.

It'll be inarresting where this goes... if it goes anywhere.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The last time a significant number of people walked away, it brought us the Kristol wing of the party. Sorry, but I'm not ready to embrace these people.

GOOD NEWS! The #WalkAway Movement is growing like crazy today!!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawaken..._growing_like/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

meh, heard the same claims in 2007 and 2011 when RP was running.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    perhaps, just perhaps...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

They are "walking away" from both parties. More and more voters are declaring themselves "independent" or "unaffiliated". In California, "unaffiliated" voters outnumber Republicans.

Unaffiliated: The Rise of Independents from 2008 to 2016

Based on the most recent voter registration numbers, it is evident that Independent voters could play an even larger role in electing the next president than they have in the past.* In the 16 states and DC where comparable data is available, Independent voter enrollment surged by 28.4% since June 2008. By contrast, Democratic and Republican enrollment grew by 6.6% and 3.6%, respectively.

In the seven presidential battleground contests, Independents will play an especially outsized role. Independent enrollment in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania jumped 34.5% between June 2008 and June 2016. Democratic enrollment—up 3.7%—and Republican enrollment—up 6.6%—barely budged by comparison. As a result, Independent enrollment in these battleground states has climbed from 20% to 24.2% of the electorate in just eight years. Democratic enrollment has fallen from 42.7% to 39.9% of the electorate. Republican enrollment has dropped to 34.5% from 36.0% of voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They are "walking away" from both parties. More and more voters are declaring themselves "independent" or "unaffiliated". In California, "unaffiliated" voters outnumber Republicans.
    Have you detected bias in your posts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Have you detected bias in your posts yet?
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.

Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.
    I take that as a resounding no. I would suggest suspending your account until you realize how biased you are.

That craziness is pushing independents and 3rd party people towards the Republicans, as is evidenced by Trump's support on this forum. From 2007 to 2014 this would have been unheard of, but when Democrats call Libertarians racist for voting their conscience, there will be a backlash and that is what we are seeing. You also see it in the blue collar unions. They were once the bread and butter of the DNC. They are now uneducated, racist, rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That craziness is pushing independents and 3rd party people towards the Republicans, as is evidenced by Trump's support on this forum. From 2007 to 2014 this would have been unheard of, but when Democrats call Libertarians racist for voting their conscience, there will be a backlash and that is what we are seeing. You also see it in the blue collar unions. They were once the bread and butter of the DNC. They are now uneducated, racist, rednecks.
    Trump hasn't moved the needle of public support much in either direction. When asked whether they prefer a generic Republican or Democrat in the upcoming Congressional elections, 47% said "Democrat" and 39.8% said "Republican" (as of July 1st). https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-ballot-polls/

That is virtually the exact same as it was one year ago (47.4% vs 39.9%)

Trump hasn't moved the needle of public support much in either direction. When asked whether they prefer a generic Republican or Democrat in the upcoming Congressional elections, 47% said "Democrat" and 39.8% said "Republican" (as of July 1st). https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-ballot-polls/

That is virtually the exact same as it was one year ago (47.4% vs 39.9%)
    An ass like Trump never should have won. Why did he win? Because your DNC is made of bigger asses. Look at Trump's support on this forum. Look at his support in unlikely places. Like it or not, Zip, Trump won. You guys need a new strategy. Demonizing your base isn't working.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    An ass like Trump never should have won. Why did he win? Because your DNC is made of bigger asses. Look at Trump's support on this forum. Look at his support in unlikely places. Like it or not, Zip, Trump won. You guys need a new strategy. Demonizing your base isn't working.
    Trump won because all of the candidates were terrible.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...us-authoritar/

Former Republican Rep. Ron Paul on Wednesday blasted GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump as a “dangerous” authoritarian on a power trip who won’t value civil liberties the way a U.S. president should.

“I think he’s is a dangerous person,” saidMr. Paul, whose son, Sen. Rand Paul is running against Mr. Trump for the Republican presidential nomination.

“And a lot of people find him sort of funny, and love him, even Libertarian types,” Mr. Paul, who is now a registered Libertarian, lamented on Fox News Radio. “They like him because he’s so disruptive to the party system, and I enjoy that too. But I think he’s a man that if conditions deteriorate, which they can — see I work on the assumption that the world is no more stable than Greece, and if those conditions come, people want to be told what to do: ‘And I know what the answer is, and I’ll do this, and I am the man to this.’

“And [Mr. Trump] comes across this very well, and people listen to him, and I believe he may be raising white horses someplace and he’s going to ride in,” Mr. Paul continued. “Because he is almost the opposite of a Libertarian, because it’s not like ‘I want to give you your freedom and your liberty to run your life as you choose. Your civil liberties are absolutely yours, you can’t hurt anybody, it’s your own money you can spend it any way you want.’ But he sounds like the person, ‘I know the answers and I’m going to do this and I’ve done this, I’ve done this, this and this.’”

“An authoritarian?” Fox’s Alan Colmes asked.

“He’s an authoritarian and that’s the way he claims he made all his money. So I see that as dangerous,” Mr. Paul responded.

Do you have anything fresh? This is 3 years old already. Can they get you something more recent and relevant? I hope this doesn't create too much anxiety on your end and will not affect your job performance. I would hate to see you go.

That is what I said.

“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
    ~ Victor Hugo

Ideas are bulletproof.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-02-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Pffft...just means they haven't gotten around to joining the communist party.

The black support is encouraging.

For years now that support has been monolithic, reaching a statistical 100 percent for Obama.

Take away just twenty percent and the whole thing shifts.

Be a good chance to educate on Twitter #walkaway

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope they are willing to learn about real classical liberalism and liberty because we don't want them infecting the right if all they do is rewind the Demoncrats' dogma 10 years.
    This is good though either way as long as they aren't adopted by the right if they are still lefty lunatics, the death of the greater evil by fragmentation is long overdue.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

#walkaway

The Guardian reports that a Reuters/Ipsos mega poll of 16,000 respondents found that in the last two years, support for Democrats among millenials plunged from 55% to 46% while their support for Republicans has only dropped from 28% to 27%.
    Even worse for Democrats, in the last two years, support from white millennial men has gone from the Democrats leading Republicans by 12% to the Republicans leading by 11%, a shocking 23% shift.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/32485...aign=dwtwitter
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There's no room in the lefts politics for white males. And so, they will be leaving in droves. It's one thing for these young males to apologize for being white male patriarchal $#@!lords, but it is another to have to take a daily bombardment for being one. Just more that are going to #WalkAway. Good.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    #MOONwalkAWAY

They are "walking away" from both parties. More and more voters are declaring themselves "independent" or "unaffiliated".
    In California, "unaffiliated" voters outnumber Republicans.
    Anecdotally, it seems more and more people think Trump is doing a decent job, whether they affiliate with one party or another - or no party.
    In Colorado - the birthplace of the Libertarian Party - "unaffiliated" voters outnumber Democrats too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast