Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why No COVID Delta Variant Specific Vaccine?

Why No COVID Delta Variant Specific Vaccine?

Not to interject existing science into a fully politicized subject, but why is there no talk at all about a new vaccine for COVID specific to the Delta variant?

Every year, the flu vaccine is modified. The annual influenza vaccine usually includes three (trivalent) or four (quadrivalent) variants of the influenza virus. Which variants to use is an annual guess as to what the common variants will be during the next flu season.

If one were to assume that the mRNA and viral vector DNA (J&J for example) COVID vaccines are safe and effective, it would only make sense to develop a new vaccine that specifically targets the Delta variant.

Supposedly, the advantage of these new technology vaccines is how quickly a new one can be developed. Why no talk of a new Delta variant vaccine?

We can only speculate:

- They want to use up all of the vaccines produced so far.

- The Delta Variant is not substantially different from previous versions, therefore a new vaccine can not be produced. Key to this would be a question of whether the spike protein of the virus has changed at all, which is what the vaccines target.

If the virus has not substantially changed (enough to warrant a new vaccine), then what has changed? Has the death rate increased? No one has claimed that. Has the number of deaths due to COVID increased? It is possible, just like when the flu season starts. But how is it different than any other cold or flu?

The bottom line, there doesn't seem to be any justification for mandates of any kind. Nothing has changed. COVID has just become another annual or semi-annual illness, just like the cold or flu. Everything else is money, power and politics.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not to interject existing science into a fully politicized subject, but why is there no talk at all about a new vaccine for COVID specific to the Delta variant?
    That's a good question. I thought that by now they would be pushing a new COVID vaccine for the new even more dangerous mutated COVID versions...
    Instead we now get a third booster shot, some 8 months after the vaccination campaign was started.

I think it's just that simple that it's (even theoretically) impossible to make a vaccine for a mutating virus (like corona), because you will always be behind.
    Of course these mRNA vaccines can be synthesised by a computer, literally in days. And now with warp speed emergency approved untested vaccines as the new "gold standard" in medical experimentation, they can synthesise and emergency appprove a vaccine for a new COVID strain within a week...

So my only possible explanation is that they simply want to keep things surprising, introducing the new vaccine for the dangerous mutants, when fear is again at a peak?!?
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

The nonstop booster shots every few months are on the way, I am sure.

I expect that talk about that, and more generally about yearly vaccines to keep up with new strains of COVID, is coming around the bend.

For now, they're still focused on getting the unvaccinated vaccinated. They haven't given up on that yet.

But they still will need at some point to put some focus on getting the vaccinated to get vaccinated again, and along with the booster shot idea I'm sure that keeping up with new strains will be part of the argument.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This audio podcast goes into why there will be boosters.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000525683041

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    So my only possible explanation is that they simply want to keep things surprising, introducing the new vaccine for the dangerous mutants, when fear is again at a peak?!?
    That’s a possibility. Keep it in reserve until the next general elections. “The latest COVID variant can now bypass the old vaccines. While we work on the new vaccine, and until everyone is vaccinated, we will implement lockdowns and 100% vote by mail or via ballot gathering by approved volunteers.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Momey and power I'm sure. That is what is behind all the panic over a disease with over 99% survival rate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The question sort of assumes there was a scientific basis for the first round of gene-jabs.

Ask this: If training the immune system against the spike protein was effective, why not grow the spike protein in-vitro (Like Novavax does) and inject a controlled amount? This would avoid the dangers of transforming victim's cells into uncontrolled spike-protein factories, with all the resulting harms.

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    The question sort of assumes there was a scientific basis for the first round of gene-jabs.

Ask this: If training the immune system against the spike protein was effective, why not grow the spike protein in-vitro (Like Novavax does) and inject a controlled amount? This would avoid the dangers of transforming victim's cells into uncontrolled spike-protein factories, with all the resulting harms.
    Good point. That should be an option.

From some of the scientists who have talked about the pros and cons of the mRNA and viral vector DNA vaccines, which both instruct your cells to produce the spike proteins, they believe that it is faster and less expensive.

The reasoning is that manufacturing the spike proteins (outside the body) takes longer to develop a process to do that en masse, assembly line style, which has to be tested, certified and very carefully monitored for problems and contaminants. Having your body do the work is less time and work for them.

Of course they still have to create the mRNA or DNA and encapsulate it for delivery, but at least they don't need eggs, a vat of bacteria or some rodents to manufacture the actual spike proteins for them.

Yearly flu shots weren't enough. Yearly Covid is in the works. Give it time. Pharma needs ducats.

Good point. That should be an option.

From some of the scientists who have talked about the pros and cons of the mRNA and viral vector DNA vaccines, which both instruct your cells to produce the spike proteins, they believe that it is faster and less expensive.

The reasoning is that manufacturing the spike proteins (outside the body) takes longer to develop a process to do that en masse, assembly line style, which has to be tested, certified and very carefully monitored for problems and contaminants. Having your body do the work is less time and work for them.

Of course they still have to create the mRNA or DNA and encapsulate it for delivery, but at least they don't need eggs, a vat of bacteria or some rodents to manufacture the actual spike proteins for them.
    Faster in which respect? Production?

Atlantic reporter points out some of the obvious advantages to developing a real vaccine vs turning a random number of your cells into poison factories.

http://web.archive.org/web/202108062...accine/619276/

NYT (not paywalled?) claims Novavax is having some production problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/05/us/politics/novavax-coronavirus-vaccine.html

OF course with a 1:2500 infection fatality rate (for under 70), I'm not interested in Novavax either. No prions for my brain kthxbai.

Every year, the flu vaccine is modified. The annual influenza vaccine usually includes three (trivalent) or four (quadrivalent) variants of the influenza virus. Which variants to use is an annual guess as to what the common variants will be during the next flu season.

If one were to assume that the mRNA and viral vector DNA (J&J for example) COVID vaccines are safe and effective, it would only make sense to develop a new vaccine that specifically targets the Delta variant.

Supposedly, the advantage of these new technology vaccines is how quickly a new one can be developed. Why no talk of a new Delta variant vaccine?

We can only speculate:

- The Delta Variant is not substantially different from previous versions, therefore a new vaccine can not be produced. Key to this would be a question of whether the spike protein of the virus has changed at all, which is what the vaccines target.

If the virus has not substantially changed (enough to warrant a new vaccine), then what has changed? Has the death rate increased? No one has claimed that. Has the number of deaths due to COVID increased? It is possible, just like when the flu season starts. But how is it different than any other cold or flu?

The bottom line, there doesn't seem to be any justification for mandates of any kind. Nothing has changed. COVID has just become another annual or semi-annual illness, just like the cold or flu. Everything else is money, power and politics.
    If they announced they were working on a Delta variant vaccine, how many people who are on the fence right now would be like "Why take the vaccines that don't work instead of waiting for the one that will?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

We can only speculate:

I watched an hour long Michael Yeadon video.

You can watch here: https://www.bitchute.com/video/9Ci2jK1yFoOd/

Cliff notes:
    The MOST different Sars-Cov-2 "variant" is 0.3% different. So it's 99.7% the same. For comparison, SARS is 80% the same as Covid-19. Also interesting, is he says, if you had SARS, the immune system recognizes Covid-19 in patients that were tested. So no, there is no "delta specific vaccine". And the idea that the "delta variant" is immune to the vaccine is basically a bald-faced lie. What we may be seeing is ADE.

People ask, well how can you even test for the variant if the PCR is just magnifying the "common pieces" of the virus? You can't. I looked this up separately. They have to do special genome sequencing. According to Kansas health dept. they send around 7% of positive results to such a lab.

Another main point from the video that was quite enlightening is how he says the entire "antibody" focus is propaganda as well. As he points out the virus is a super tiny that goes inside the cell. Antibodies, by comparison, are chunky big molecules that are outside. While the presence of them "can prevent" the virus entering, it's actually your T-cells that are the thing that actually finds and destroys the infected cells, and also they are what remembers to identify infected cells later. He cites a study where people who had an medical condition that prevented them from making antibodies, still had T-Cell immunity (from whatever disease, can't remember).

In short, the evidence just keeps pouring in that we are being blatantly attacked with a biological weapon.

Highly recommend the video (there are lots of videos of him around). In this video, highly recommend the short segment starting at 46:52 where he addresses how hard it is to get the word out. We don't want to hear it, but strategically, we need to understand what the people perpetrating this have accounted for in terms of resistance and figure out ways around it to build awareness and unity.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Cliff notes:
    The MOST different Sars-Cov-2 "variant" is 0.3% different. So it's 99.7% the same. For comparison, SARS is 80% the same as Covid-19. Also interesting, is he says, if you had SARS, the immune system recognizes Covid-19 in patients that were tested. So no, there is no "delta specific vaccine". And the idea that the "delta variant" is immune to the vaccine is basically a bald-faced lie. What we may be seeing is ADE.
    And humans are 96% the same as chimpanzees.

All it takes is a slight variation in the spike protein for the current vaccine to become ineffective. All the vaccine does is target that specific protein. But a person with natural immunity after having the disease can recognize the entire virus and fight it in many ways. Thus natural immunity from SARS exposure could and should help against COVID.

I believe that the vaccine has become ineffective, or was never effective in the first place. I also believe there is the potential that we are now seeing ADE in some vaccinated people. Not fatal cases of ADE as was feared might potentially happen, but possibly just worse cases of COVID. Hard to scientifically prove that though.

What we do know is that there are adverse effects from the vaccine, including fatal inflammatory responses (including myocarditis and pericarditis). The risk-reward, risk-benefit calculation for this vaccine should raise eyebrows with any competent and honest doctor.

As for T cells, agree with all of that. They are very important to the immune system. Antibodies are transitory, and only present during active infection.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-13-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If they announced they were working on a Delta variant vaccine, how many people who are on the fence right now would be like "Why take the vaccines that don't work instead of waiting for the one that will?"
    Yep. Raises real questions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yearly flu shots weren't enough. Yearly Covid is in the works. Give it time. Pharma needs ducats.
    And now they tell us to get booster shots:

U.S. health officials recommend COVID-19 vaccine boosters 8 months after second shot

Washington — Federal health officials said Wednesday that vaccinated Americans will need to get booster shots eight months after receiving their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine to maximize its protection against the virus and extend its durability.

The nation's leading public health and medical experts from the Department of Health and Human Services announced in a joint statement that the Biden administration is prepared to begin offering the boosters the week of September 20 and starting eight months after Americans received their second doses of Pfizer and Moderna's two-shot vaccines.
    So you heard it here first. Go out and get another COVID-19 Alpha variant vaccine to prevent coming down with COVID-19 Delta variant. It makes perfect sense in bizarro world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    This audio podcast goes into why there will be boosters.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000525683041

Thanks for posting. I just subscribed and plan to listen to the episode.

And now they tell us to get booster shots:

So you heard it here first. Go out and get another COVID-19 Alpha variant vaccine to prevent coming down with COVID-19 Delta variant. It makes perfect sense in bizarro world.
    Does anyone else notice all the people who got the shot, and now have the Delta?

Wife and I are still fine. Her allergies have been less bothersome since she recovered,,

still concerned with protein Spike Shedding.. more for Carol than myself..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The variants are know to be mutating on the spike protein. Yet, they are still pushing the COVID vaccines which target the very first version of the virus. And boosters of those same first version vaccines. They are also downplaying early treatment options which are very effective.

This is not medicine. This is a follow the money situation. And criminal medical malpractice.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    For now, they're still focused on getting the unvaccinated vaccinated. They haven't given up on that yet.

But they still will need at some point to put some focus on getting the vaccinated to get vaccinated again, and along with the booster shot idea I'm sure that keeping up with new strains will be part of the argument.
    A month later, with it even more blatantly clear that the vaccines do no stop infection or transmission, and they are pushing the vaccines more than ever.

Follow the money. That is exactly what this comes down to. It is a straight forward process to create a new vaccine to target the latest version of COVID. The reason it is not done yet is that it will cost money, and they want to sell as much of the old vaccine as possible.

Health and effectiveness are a secondary concern to the money. The technology is there. The claims of emergency are there. But the money dictates that they do not use the most effective treatments and vaccines against COVID. If it was truly an emergency, why are the best preventives and treatments not being used?

Thanks in part to rapid next-generation sequencing (NGS) of the viral genome, the mRNA vaccine makers such as Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna can come up with a new vaccine within a matter of months. So the obvious solution to these variants is a booster or a new version for the Delta variant spike protein. However, the solution is not so obvious because the new vaccine would have to go through rigorous testing just like any new product. So, these companies still have to pick and choose when to decide if it's worthwhile to go through the whole process of developing a new vaccine again. The issues are how many mutations in the virus are enough for a new vaccine, and how much immune escape is acceptable to keep the vaccine on the shelf. New vaccine development has shifted into a balancing act. So for now, the Delta variant remains the prominent U.S. strain and the vaccines appear to offer a mortality benefit, but seem less likely to stop the spread like people were initially hoping for. Based on Bourla's interview it's unlikely that a delta variant vaccine is in production, but there may be a new one for another variant in the future.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/445...el-of-covid-19

What do you do as your vaccines become ineffective? Move the goalposts. Keep changing the definition of "vaccination".

Today, Biden mandates COVID vaccines (Alpha variant) for almost anyone who is employed.

As it is apparent that the Alpha variant vaccines do not work against the Delta variant, and the Delta variant has already hit it's peak and will burn out before vaccines could take effect, there is no medical or scientific justification for these mandates.

What could the justification be? Here are some options:

- To use up the already produced Alpha variant vaccines. Follow the money.
    - To exercise power and instill conformity and compliance in the population.
    - To demonize and punish the "right". It is part of the narrative that those who refuse to vaccinate are right wingers and Trump supporters. And it is not coincidence that Biden called some GOP governors and Fox News in his speech today.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Delta virus is faker than dankes moms boobs
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Follow the money. That is exactly what this comes down to. It is a straight forward process to create a new vaccine to target the latest version of COVID. The reason it is not done yet is that it will cost money, and they want to sell as much of the old vaccine as possible.

Health and effectiveness are a secondary concern to the money. The technology is there. The claims of emergency are there. But the money dictates that they do not use the most effective treatments and vaccines against COVID. If it was truly an emergency, why are the best preventives and treatments not being used?
    I wont argue the fact that money and power is the reason a lot of things that are happening are happening. But I've yet to see where anyone, anywhere has proven that we are dealing with anything other than regular cycles of sickness being used to justify pumping the world full of a toxic substance that is showing every day to have greater and greater repercussions.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Every 5 months!!! lol Anyone who consents to this deserves it.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And this is exactly what is wanted. All this circus is targeted at convincing those that haven't sold their souls yet.

To paraphrase Orwell... The virus is not meant to be cured, it's meant to be permanent.

The CDC's own numbers don't line up with the narrative. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...italadmissions

Any way you slice and dice the numbers, you can't get them to show that we're "at the worst point in the pandemic". We had higher hospitalization rates in the Nov-Jan timeframe. We're nowhere near the death counts of those days. And all of these numbers really follow the daily test volume. The more you test, the more positives they report. When the media ramps up the fear, more people test. Which leads to more positives, which leads to more fear, and so on... Curiously, the testing died down a bit after Jan 6 and then started ramping up near the end of July when they started testing before allowing people into events and such.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Delta virus is faker than dankes moms boobs
    just got my 6th shot
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast