Thread: Ron Paul: Do We Live in a Police State? [video]

Ron Paul: Do We Live in a Police State? [video]

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you.

Front page bump.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

9:30, Ed Snowden= hero..

I watched it live. The question and answer time was interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    9:30, Ed Snowden= hero..
    And before that, criticism of the military. Beautiful section all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I don't work under the assumption that if we get 10 more people to Washington, things are going to be okay and we're going to win the vote. That's not going to happen. What you have to do, is get enough freedom to release the creative energy that comes up with alternatives to the government.
    - 20:00 mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

That right there is what I've always loved about Ron Paul. The title is concerning the police state. But the message is all about hope. Thanks Ron for the inspiration.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    That right there is what I've always loved about Ron Paul. The title is concerning the police state. But the message is all about hope. Thanks Ron for the inspiration.
    But a pessimist is usually a better informed optimist. And the only lesson of history is that it doesn't teach us anything.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    But a pessimist is usually a better informed optimist. And the only lesson of history is that it doesn't teach us anything.
    Yesterday I watched a lecture by Yuri Maltsev, he said those very two things.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Yesterday I watched a lecture by Yuri Maltsev, he said those very two things.
    Ya, I met him on the Walk4Freedom in '08. He joined us for the first couple of days.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A pessimist is nothing but a better informed optimist.

I like that...sig worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A pessimist is nothing but a better informed optimist.

I like that...sig worthy
    If you don't use it, I will.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Ya, I met him on the Walk4Freedom in '08. He joined us for the first couple of days.
    You were part of the Walk4Freedom, Danke? Wow you really are a celebrity. I remember the Walk from "For Liberty". I watched that before I joined RPF, very inspirational. What did you think of Wisconsin?

Peace.

But a pessimist is usually a better informed optimist.
    Ron isn't well informed?

And the only lesson of history is that it doesn't teach us anything.
    Well I guess that all depends in who "us" is.

Ron's message here is full of hope, and I like it.

Ptttffff.

Ron always makes me feel a bit more hopeful.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.