Thread: Rand is scheduled to be on Morning Joe today 2/1/18

loveshiscountry

Rand is scheduled to be on Morning Joe today 2/1/18

just saw this

Joining us for today's show, we have:

Mike Barnicle, Susan Del Percio, Matt Apuzzo, Robert Costa, Charlie Savage, Garrett Haake, Rev. Al Sharpton, Elisabeth Bumiller, Jeffrey Goldberg, Rep. Jim Himes, Michael Wolff, Massimo Calabresi, Sen. Rand Paul, Dominic Chu, Ronen Bergman and more

I wonder if that's order of appearance?

7:45 eastern he's coming on now
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 02-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Excellent interview. Rand stays objective about the FBI issue while lobbing thought bomb after thought bomb about the danger of the overreaching surveillance state.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

I get the approach, but when asked multiple times about the investigation being tainted, Rand just kept going back to the larger point of FBI oversight, and it made him appear weak.

I'd like him to be more direct in some of his answers to direct questions like this. One can still be non-committal while at the same time giving a specific answer to a question.

This vagueness and rhetorical wordplay, even filibustering, is a hindrance to the Rand Brand. Sometimes he's just too smart for his own good. When you work to avoid being pinned down, no one knows where you stand.

Or maybe that's the point. ugh.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws