Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Military Plane Near Syrian Border

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Military Plane Near Syrian Border

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Russians claim the plain was never in Turkish air space.

Last edited by timosman; 11-24-2015 at 03:54 AM.

NATO shoots down Russian jet on Syrian border

Turkey (a NATO member) has shot down a Russian warplane over Syria. Turkey claims it warned the plane 3 times. Russia asserts that the plane was never in Turkish airspace. The pilots have bailed out, and are now being searched for by helicopter. One of them has been seized by Turkish ground forces.

A Russian Su-24 fighter has been shot down in Syria, Russian Defense Ministry said, adding the plane hadn’t violated Turkish airspace and was at an altitude of 6,000 meters.
    The pilots managed to eject from the downed jet, the ministry said, adding their fate is as yet unknown.
    https://www.rt.com/news/323215-warpl...-syria-turkey/

Russia's defence ministry said an Su-24 had crashed on Syrian territory after being hit by fire from the ground, and that its pilots had managed to eject.
    But Turkish military officials said Turkish F-16s had shot down the plane after repeatedly warning its pilots they were violating Turkish airspace.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34907983

https://twitter.com/rt_com

Have you all practiced your duck and cover?

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 11-24-2015 at 04:04 AM.

It didn't take a Ron Paul to see this coming. War pigs at the feeding trough.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Russians claim a lot of things, just like the US.
    "The Patriarch"

-Russian pilot allegedly captured and killed by "Turkmen", local muslim rebels native to the region.
    -Russia questioning Turkey's actions in the region. Why these militants are operating under their nose? Are they involved in funding/arming Islamic militants in Syria?

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 11-24-2015 at 06:11 AM.

Radar as released by Turkey.

I wouldn't be amazed if this border is disputed... Turkey certainly seems eager to start WW3.

I WAS RIGHT;
    In 1938, the Sanjak of Alexandretta became independent from the French mandate of Syria as the Republic of Hatay, and following a referendum, 8 months later in 1939, it decided to join Turkey as the Hatay Province. This self-annexation was never recognized by Syria, which continues to show the Hatay Province of Turkey as part of Syria's territory on maps.[2]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria–Turkey_relations
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 11-24-2015 at 06:10 AM.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Looks like Russia was baiting them and they bit.

Things just took a turn for the worse....
    "The Patriarch"

Question is, where they using Syrian maps ?
    "I am a bird"

Well this should be fun.

I wonder what goodies will be passed onto us in this crisis.

The Jet Fighter was shoot down on Syria's borders not Turkish.
    Kurds will have now a new ally in the region. Future regime Change operations have failed now.

I read that 1 pilot is dead and 1 is unaccounted for/captured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-nBmsng1Q

Putin live press conference.

<started a few minutes ago>
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pic on twitter claims to show co-pilot shot twice in chest

So close to Thanksgiving. These guys are getting badass.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-nBmsng1Q

Putin live press conference.

<started a few minutes ago>
    Putin stated that Turkey buys oil from ISIS controlled areas and rebel held areas.

Lets be honest Turkey hasn't $#@! against ISIS in two years. So Putin is right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    Pic on twitter claims to show co-pilot shot twice in chest
    By 'moderate' rebels ?
    "I am a bird"

Dead pilot is pretty bad. It wouldn't be as bad if the pilots survived. Why the hell are we in NATO and why the hell is Turkey is in NATO... lol.

Syria insurgents hit Russian helicopter - Observatory

Syrian fighters fired at a Russian helicopter forcing it to make an emergency landing in a nearby government-held area in Syria's Latakia province on Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

A Syrian insurgent group, recipient of U.S. Tow missiles, said its fighters hit the helicopter with an anti-tank missile.
    Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-mideast-syria-crisis-helicopter-idUSKBN0TD1KQ20151124#ESfcujp0btgYTKPr.99

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zerohedge has links to video from the Free Syrian Army dancing around the bodies of one of the pilots. That's the McCain vetted rebels.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Dead pilot is pretty bad. It wouldn't be as bad if the pilots survived. Why the hell are we in NATO and why the hell is Turkey is in NATO... lol.
    Turkey definitely is playing with fire. Really scary stuff.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Turkey definitely is playing with fire. Really scary stuff.
    Even scarier when you think that we have a binding agreement for their protection

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Even scarier when you think that we have a binding agreement for their protection
    “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none.”

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter

ISTANBUL — Russia and NATO member Turkey came head to head on Tuesday as Turkish war planes shot down a Russian fighter jet near the border with Syria, setting the stage for a possible Cold War-style confrontation between East and West.

Television footage showed the SU-24 going down in flames over the Bayirbucak region on Syrian territory. The two pilots ejected, their parachutes being clearly visible on pictures published by Turkish media.

Unconfirmed reports said both pilots landed in a region dominated by Syrian Turkmen, an ethnic group that has links with Turkey. The Turkmen live close to the border with Turkey and are considered allies of Ankara. Both pilots reportedly later died from injuries.

While the Turkish military released a radar map to prove that the Russian jet had crossed the border, the Russian defense ministry said no such incursion happened. Moscow also said the plane, traveling at an altitude of 6,000 meters, was brought down by ground fire, not by air-to-air missiles from another jet.

Just a few days ago, Turkmen commanders called for the delivery of anti-aircraft weapons from Turkey to be able to beat back Russian airstrikes. Turkish opposition figures accused the government in Ankara of failing to protect Turkmen in Syria.

Jan2017

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/24/middle...turkey-border/
    Istanbul (CNN)

Russian President Vladimir Putin called the downing of a Russian warplane a "stab in the back that will have serious consequences for Russia's relationship with Turkey."

One of the world's most volatile regions was roiled further Tuesday when a Russian warplane went down near the Turkish-Syria border. Turkey said it "responded" to a plane after the aircraft repeatedly violated its airspace and ignored several warnings.
    NATO's governing body, the North Atlantic Council, will hold an emergency meeting in Brussels at 5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET) on Tuesday, after a Russian warplane violating Turkish airspace was shot down, a NATO official told Turkey'

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic