Thread: Hacked Emails Reveal NATO General Plotting Against Obama on Russia Policy

Hacked Emails Reveal NATO General Plotting Against Obama on Russia Policy

Retired U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove, until recently the supreme commander of NATO forces in Europe, plotted in private to overcome President Barack Obama’s reluctance to escalate military tensions with Russia over the war in Ukraine in 2014, according to apparently hacked emails from Breedlove’s Gmail account that were posted on a new website called DC Leaks.

Obama defied political pressure from hawks in Congress and the military to provide lethal assistance to the Ukrainian government, fearing that doing so would increase the bloodshed and provide Russian President Vladimir Putin with the justification for deeper incursions into the country.

Breedlove, during briefings to Congress, notably contradicted the Obama administration regarding the situation in Ukraine, leading to news stories about conflict between the general and Obama.

But the leaked emails provide an even more dramatic picture of the intense back-channel lobbying for the Obama administration to begin a proxy war with Russia in Ukraine.

In a series of messages in 2014, Breedlove sought meetings with former Secretary of State Colin Powell, asking for advice on how to pressure the Obama administration to take a more aggressive posture towards Russia.
    read the rest here:

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/01/...eneral-emails/
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    NATO.....GTFO.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Obviously he was not successful.

This the kind of person psycho Hillary will have calling the shots.

So, apparently we have all these Trump supporters now backing Obama.

(isn't that how it works, Trumpsters? Opposition to one side is de facto support for the other?)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Holy Frick!

Reading these emails it looks like Gen. Strangelove err Breedlove is a total nutcase seeking methods to actively initiate or provoke a war with Russia. Total Insanity.

I think we are a ‘worry,’ … ie a threat to get the nation drug into a conflict,” Breedlove wrote in an email to Powell, ... “how to frame this opportunity in a time where all eyes are on ISIL all the time, … and two, … how to work this personally with the POTUS.”

I think POTUS sees us as a threat that must be minimized, … ie do not get me into a war????

“Given Obama’s instruction to you not to start a war, this may be a tough sell,” Ullman replied about Breedlove’s effort to “leverage, cajole, convince or coerce the U.S. to react” to Russia.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Holy Frick!

Reading these emails it looks like Gen. Strangelove err Breedlove is a total nutcase seeking methods to actively initiate or provoke a war with Russia. Total Insanity.

I think we are a ‘worry,’ … ie a threat to get the nation drug into a conflict,” Breedlove wrote in an email to Powell, ... “how to frame this opportunity in a time where all eyes are on ISIL all the time, … and two, … how to work this personally with the POTUS.”

I think POTUS sees us as a threat that must be minimized, … ie do not get me into a war????

“Given Obama’s instruction to you not to start a war, this may be a tough sell,” Ullman replied about Breedlove’s effort to “leverage, cajole, convince or coerce the U.S. to react” to Russia.
    I followed the coup and war in Ukraine very closely for the first 15 months and, yeah, some of these NATO (HATO) freaks were pushing hard to amp up the conflict. In those emails you see Wesley Clark (the general in charge of destroying Yugoslavia) is a co-conspirator with Breedlove.

Obama defied political pressure from hawks in Congress and the military to provide lethal assistance to the Ukrainian government, fearing that doing so would increase the bloodshed and provide Russian President Vladimir Putin with the justification for deeper incursions into the country.

Pfft. Obama may have been reluctant to take on Russia but he certainly had no compunctions about innocent people getting slaughtered. Last I knew the death toll was 10,000+ - all a result of the coup engineered out of the State Dept, led by Victoria Nuland and Jeffrey Pyatt with help from Soros who sponsored the previous (Orange) "revolution".

I would love to see NATO smashed into a million pieces but the Baltic countries, Poland and Bulgaria make that unlikely. For them, the Russian Federation may as well be the USSR, ready to invade at any minute. The State Dept skillfully plays on those fears and old hatreds.