Thread: Play Paul! Rand to Play in Congressional Baseball Game

Play Paul! Rand to Play in Congressional Baseball Game

Play Paul! Rand to Play in Congressional Baseball Game

By Bridget Bowman
    Posted at 10:48 a.m. on April 20

Break out the “Take Me Out to the Paul Game” T-shirts.

Though he will be busy on the presidential campaign trail, Sen. Rand Paul will be taking the plate at the 54th Annual Roll Call Congressional Baseball Game this year, a campaign aide confirmed Monday to HOH.

The Kentucky Republican has participated in the game since he first came to the Senate in 2011, and he will head back to Nationals Park on June 11 in hopes of leading the GOP to its first win against the Democrats in six years. Paul will also likely bring his legion of fans, who have been some of the crowd’s standouts.

Playing baseball for Republicans each year is in Paul’s blood. His father, former Rep. Ron Paul, also played for the GOP during his congressional tenure. The elder Paul is believed to have been the first person to hit a home run out of the ballpark, and he was inducted into the Congressional Baseball Hall of Fame in 2012.

read more:
    http://hoh.rollcall.com/play-paul-ra...baseball-game/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Talking

FLASHBACK: Rand Paul robbed of base hit during 2014 Congressional Baseball Game

Last edited by jct74; 04-22-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Ah, memories...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ah, memories...

That Power L stance. Great fundamentals on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ah, memories...

Wonder where that jersey is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Wonder where that jersey is now?
    In his closet.

Does he wear a Jim Bunning uniform?

Game is on Thursday, June 11th. Anyone planning on attending?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

No. Awesome picture though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Cool, looking forward to this game.
    "I am a bird"

Is it really a coincidence that the only congress critter to hit a home run in the history of the annual show down since 1909 is the most anti-establishment congress critter of all time?

I mean, what are the odds? I know zippy would say the odds are 1:1 or 100%, but I'm serious.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is it really a coincidence that the only congress critter to hit a home run in the history of the annual show down since 1909 is the most anti-establishment congress critter of all time?

I mean, what are the odds? I know zippy would say the odds are 1:1 or 100%, but I'm serious.
    They all are fake. Remember this P90X champion:

Last edited by milgram; 06-07-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I'll be there. I picked up a pretty cool Rand baseball shirt at the SC event, similar to the one in the official store, that I'll be wearing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Although chants of "President Paul!" were heard every time he stepped up to the plate, Rand just wasn't on top of his game.