Thread: Senator Nelson introduces bill (S.J.Res. 42) to bomb Syria!! Alert!

Senator Nelson introduces bill (S.J.Res. 42) to bomb Syria!! Alert!

Bill number is S.J.Res. 42.

As of 9/9, bill is in committee: Committee on Foreign Relations

Sen Nelson, as expected, introduced his bill to 'authorize' airstrikes inside SYRIA ONLY. Bombing Syrian military was the goal of the propaganda the entire time.

CALL YOUR REPS AND SENS TO OPPOSE IT IF YOU ARE TIRED OF BOMBING INNOCENT PEOPLE TO BENEFIT BANKERS AND NWO LACKEYS!

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/S...274366381.html

United States Senator Bill Nelson filed legislation Monday to authorize airstrikes inside Syria to go after the terrorist organization, ISIL.

Nelson’s bill would authorize only airstrikes inside of Syria. The second section of the authorization provides “no authorization for use of rotational ground forces” in the fight against ISIL in Syria.

The authorization for airstrikes would expire three years after the date of the resolution’s enactment.
    -----------------
    Sen Inhofe has introduced companion bill S.J.Res. 43 to officially 'authorize' Iraq bombing at the same time.

-----------------
    Rep Wolf has introduced:
    H.R.5415 -- Authorization for Use of Military Force against International Terrorism Act
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...onal-terrorism
    Currently in House Committee on Foreign Affairs
    Last edited by devil21; 09-12-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nelson's press release

http://www.billnelson.senate.gov/new...rikes-in-syria

Bill text:

S. J. RES. ______

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against the Islamic

State in Iraq and the Levant.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

Mr. NELSON introduced the following joint resolution; which was read twice

and referred to the Committee on ________________

JOINT RESOLUTION

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against

the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.

1 Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives

2 of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

3 SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

4 This joint resolution may be cited as the ‘‘Authoriza

5 tion for Use of Military Force against the Islamic State

6 in Iraq and the Levant’’.

1 SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES

2 ARMED FORCES AGAINST THE ISLAMIC

3 STATE IN IRAQ AND THE LEVANT.

4 (a) IN GENERAL.—That the President is authorized

5 to use appropriate force against the Islamic State in Iraq

6 and the Levant (ISIL) in order to prevent terrorist attacks

7 on the people and interests of the United States and our

8 allies.

9 (b) NO AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF ROTATIONAL

10 GROUND FORCES.—The authorization in this section does

11 not include authorization for the use of rotational ground

12 forces.

13 (c) EXPIRATION.—The authorization in this section

14 shall expire on the date that is three years after the date

15 of the enactment of this joint resolution.

16 (d) WAR POWERS RESOLUTION REQUIREMENTS.—

17 (1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION.—

18 Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers

19 Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is

20 intended to constitute specific statutory authoriza

21 tion within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War

22 Powers Resolution.

23 (2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIRE

24 MENTS.—Nothing in this resolution supercedes any

25 requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I wonder if he has actually viewed the fake beheading videos himself?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nelson says he doubts CONgress will vote before adjournment.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/21...ote-this-month

I hope he's right, but it also smells of a tactic hoping people are complacent while Congress carries on in the background and quietly passes it. "Oh sorry we thought you knew it was up for a vote today?"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I wonder if he has actually viewed the fake beheading videos himself?
    He doesn't care. He and his staff are just doing what they're told to do. This bill can not be allowed to pass. The implications of it are HUGE in the long term.

You can drop a lot of bombs in 3 years.... just ask Dresden.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

//
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 09-08-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

They seemed to care what constituents thought last year when the false flag gas attacks didn't sway the people to support the no fly zone plan. Why wouldn't they care now in an election year? Gotta at least make your voice heard.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    They seemed to care what constituents thought last year when the false flag gas attacks didn't sway the people to support the no fly zone plan. Why wouldn't they care now in an election year? Gotta at least make your voice heard.
    Oh, I'll call. What's it hurt?

The point was more that public support wasn't there then so they stepped up their propaganda campaign.

The people will largely support this intervention as they don't see the goal as toppling Assad but rather as a means to destroy the group which allegedly beheaded a couple of Americans and promised death to America.

And if the people speak out against it this time, and they do not bomb Syria, there is always next year. Those who manufacture consent have all the time in the world whereas I am getting rather tired of debating and debunking the same tired propaganda, served different ways, year after year. If you consider those here, of all places, that are in support of the airstrikes (and limited troops on the ground) you can imagine what people in general think. Most do not know. Many do not care. And others are fools following the television reports.

Sad to say. My Senator is a leading warmonger, the other is a flake, and my Congressman disappoints with regularity. Regardless I'll call, talk to a staffer that has no idea what I am talking about, but who promises to relay the message.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

They do pay attention to polls too. Paulites were always good at those Be sure to vote in any polls you come across.

It is your job as an informed activist to let the less informed know what this propaganda campaign is about instead of just saying "oh well, people will support this blah blah blah." Screw that. That's a cop out and a return to apathy.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-08-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Senator Nelson introduces bill to bomb Syria!! Alert!
    Is it to protect our freedom though? If so I'm ok with it

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They do pay attention to polls too. Paulites were always good at those Be sure to vote in any polls you come across.

It is your job as an informed activist to let the less informed know what this propaganda campaign is about instead of just saying "oh well, people will support this blah blah blah." Screw that. That's a cop out and a return to apathy.
    The people around me are aware. It's the best I can do at the moment.

I hear ya though. Sorry for the negativity. This ISIS nonsense is depressing me. I can edit my previous posts if you'd like.

Bill Kristol belittles non-interventionist wing of the GOP. Thanks for the motivation Bill!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kristol-i...gop-really-is/

Weekly Standard editor and professional up-failer Bill Kristol told a Morning Joe panel Monday morning that President Barack Obama would enjoy widespread bipartisan support for proposed military action against ISIS. (Though, true hawk that he is, Kristol added that Obama didn’t need congressional approval for what Peggy Noonan calls the boom boom boom.)

When asked whether Senator Rand Paul’s (R-KY) less-interventionist policies would be a wrench in the war gears, Kristol said nah.

“Rand Paul will be against it, and I think it will show how small that wing of the party is,” Kristol said. “I think it will expose the fact that he has his own views — he holds them pretty consistently, except when he dissembles a little bit — but the mainstream of the Republican Party is hawkish.”

video at link

Rand has said that he'll vote for the air strikes depending on the wording of the resolution. He hasn't said what he thinks of Nelson's resolution.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), another potential White House hopeful, said Obama would disrespect Congress’s constitutional power to declare war by not seeking approval from the legislative branch.

“It would show a disregard for the Constitution and for the history of our country,” he said.

He said his support for an ISIS resolution is contingent on how it is crafted.

“It depends on what the wording of it is. I’ve said I would support airstrikes but we should vote on it,” he said.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...divides-senate
    Last edited by Brett85; 09-08-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    This is a shocking development.

Who could have ever predicted what this propaganda campaign was geared towards?

Only a clairvoyant could have foreseen this.

Let me get out my Ouija board and ask it a question.....

Yup. They don't give a $#@! about your opinion.
    I had expected they would at least try to return to attack Syria and Assad By using new excuses invasions based on false pretexts.

America needs some Irish fire in Congress right now and some Scottish spirit of independence.

Last edited by devil21; 09-09-2014 at 04:30 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if the people speak out against it this time, and they do not bomb Syria, there is always next year. Those who manufacture consent have all the time in the world whereas I am getting rather tired of debating and debunking the same tired propaganda, served different ways, year after year. If you consider those here, of all places, that are in support of the airstrikes (and limited troops on the ground) you can imagine what people in general think. Most do not know. Many do not care. And others are fools following the television reports.

Sad to say. My Senator is a leading warmonger, the other is a flake, and my Congressman disappoints with regularity. Regardless I'll call, talk to a staffer that has no idea what I am talking about, but who promises to relay the message.
    I'd disagree slightly and say it's the same propaganda served the same way year after year. But hey if we didn't learn anything in 2003 with the Iraq war, maybe we'll learn by 3003.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Well, I called.

Got an answering machine in Washington, and a staffer who had no idea what I was talking about at his home office.

I've called this guy at least fifty times and this is literally how it always is.

Well, I called.

Got an answering machine in Washington, and a staffer who had no idea what I was talking about at his home office.

I've called this guy at least fifty times and this is literally how it always is.
    Try writing letters. Strongly worded ones seem to be most effective.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sen Nelson, as expected, introduced his bill to 'authorize' airstrikes inside SYRIA ONLY. Bombing Syrian military was the goal of the propaganda the entire time.

Why not attak anti-Israel targets in Syria too while the noble mission of dropping bombs from air is on going? Why not put feet on the ground too for noble goal of kissing asses of war lobbies money baggers spreading freedom into Syria?

But Democrats were supposed to be anti-war, what happened? Even if Miami/Palm Beach are a major funding hub of Zionist lobby AIPAC.

US based zionists plot to get US to move against enemies of Israel/Saudi dictatorship is nothing new, they have been at it since soon after Iraq invasion based on bugus WMD threats. Joe Lieberman's shameless Iran war drums beating in 2006, zionist Andrew Adler's shamessless threat editorial on Obama-Israel in 2012 and Controversial zionist Charles Krauthammer making neocons' case for alliance with Al Qaeda in 2013 are part of same train wreck of an agenda.

LewRockwell.com: U.S. Senators Are Nearly All Stooges for Israel

ISIS and Israel to attack Hezbullah in Lebanon

Poll: A question for those who think Obama team helped create ISIS Jihadi group

Bill number is S.J.Res. 42 and is currently in Committee on Foreign Relations.

S.J.Res. 43 is companion bill for Iraq bombing.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-10-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Ain't got no time for this!

Ray Rice, NFL, war on women, gender inequality, man vs. woman, TMZ...

Pass me a beer, I'm open!

<Burp!>
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

bump

Tomorrow is the day to flood Congress with calls and emails opposing this!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    You can drop a lot of bombs in 3 years.... just ask Dresden.
    Or ask Cambodians, although most Cambodians and Americans have forgotten or don't know.

More explosive ordnance was dropped by the US military on Cambodia between 1965-1973 than there was dropped by both sides of World War II combined.

Cambodia still has the highest prevalence of disabled people in the world, significantly due to unexploded ordnance and land mines throughout the country.

http://www.yale.edu/cgp/Walrus_Cambo...bing_OCT06.pdf

It is entirely difficult to find a nice region that hasn't been blown to pieces at one point or another by the fedcoats in the past 125 years.
    Last edited by MRK; 09-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Boehner and House GOP ready to stand with Obama and start passing bills. Reid says Senate will wait for House action first.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...911-story.html

A vote could come as soon as next week, and House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday in public and private sessions that the country should unite behind the administration, even as questions persist.

"We only have one commander in chief," Boehner said. “At this point in time it’s important that we give the president what he’s asking for.” {d21: good ol checks and balances, right John?}

Members of both parties increasingly want to vote, not only on the White House request to train and equip Syrian fighters, but also on the president's broader authority to engage the United States in what many expect will be a years-long military campaign against the extremist group Islamic State.

more at link
    Gotta go find what, if any, House bills have been introduced.

Rep Wolf's broad bill:
    H.R.5415 -- Authorization for Use of Military Force against International Terrorism Act
    Last edited by devil21; 09-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Could you imagine the feeling of watching another country introduce bills that authorize them to bomb us lol?

"I Mr politician $#@! face with the authority provided by some other $#@!s here by declare it legal to bomb Las Vegas"

I mean holy $#@!, just say that out loud to yourself "A politician, in America is introducing a bill to make it legal to KILL people in another country" wow...just wow...
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

BUMP FOR ACTION

SJRES 42 and 43 and HR5415 are the main bills in Congress. Others have been introduced and will update.

The Floridian senator Mr Nelson, he chaired the comittee on science back in early 2004. He said why didn't the President back this new space initiative, one billion more dollars over half a decade won't get Astronauts to the moon. I even typed up a question to Mr W Bush via the Bush Library, the actual office to him, no reply. And that was last month. How unfortunate.

And Senator Mccain said a vision without a strategy is only an illusion. I'm paraphrasing Mr Mccain..I think. Eitherway.