Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll

Ron wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll

Ron wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll

Ron Paul Wins NH Straw Poll http://hampton-northhampton.patch.co...w-poll-winners
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-20-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added link

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You guys rock.

Got numbers or percentages?

45% Ron
    Romney10%

Forget rest

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    45% Ron
    Romney10%

Forget rest
    Lolz!

WOOT! Do you have a link?

ALSO,

I believe I just saw your name pop up on the ticker. Cheers for that!

.... media doesn't care...?

Won't matter if he keeps winning though.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Congratulations, such wonderful news!

Yea, Gratz
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you can find an article, we can push it...

Maybe it will gain a few extra donations for the moneybomb.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    .... media doesn't care...?

Won't matter if he keeps winning though.
    I suspect this is the type of thing local NH media will just eat up.

Local media is the key at this stage of the game, guys and gals. Keep that in mind.

NH Paulbearers, you guys rock!!
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

That is AWESOME considering Ron Paul wasn't even there! lol

Haha, thats great. It looked like a fun event.

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by ericams2786 View Post
    welcome to the forums!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    welcome to the forums!
    Thank you very much! I've been a Paul supporter since the 2007 primaries and this is the first time I've ever fully gotten behind a campaign, ever. I even donated today in the moneybomb, the first time I've ever donated to a campaign. I honestly believe that Ron Paul is our Cicero and if we don't listen to this man, we will go the way of the Romans. I don't want to be one of the millions of sheep looking back decades from now going "no one warned us, no one told us this would happen". The man telling us is Ron Paul and we need to wake the $#@! up in this country!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you very much! I've been a Paul supporter since the 2007 primaries and this is the first time I've ever fully gotten behind a campaign, ever. I even donated today in the moneybomb, the first time I've ever donated to a campaign. I honestly believe that Ron Paul is our Cicero and if we don't listen to this man, we will go the way of the Romans. I don't want to be one of the millions of sheep looking back decades from now going "no one warned us, no one told us this would happen". The man telling us is Ron Paul and we need to wake the $#@! up in this country!
    +rep

+rep
    Well you certainly made a nice entrance the rep is well deserved for those inspiring words, thank you and welcome

Today's Young Republican's NH Straw Poll: 302 ballots cast

Paul 45%
    Romney 10
    Perry 8
    McCotter 8
    Johnson 6
    Bachmann 6
    Cain 5
    Roemer 3
    Santorum 3

a January NH Straw Poll 273 ballots cast

Romney 35%
    Paul 11
    Pawlenty 8
    Palin 7
    Bachmann 5
    DeMint 5
    Cain 4
    Christie 3
    Santorum 3

"He's catch' on..."
    Last edited by samforpaul; 08-20-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    +rep
    Well you certainly made a nice entrance the rep is well deserved for those inspiring words, thank you and welcome
    Well you know what Cicero said:

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error."

I kind of read this as:

"Any [country] can make mistakes, but only an idiot [populace] persists in [their] error."

Honestly we have willingly given up our freedoms and liberties in the pursuit of "safety" and handouts.

I'm always reminded of this when I think of the hard work of Dr. Paul:

Leaving the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, “What kind of country did you give us Mr. Franklin?” Franklin eloquently answered, “A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.”

We very clearly have not been able to keep it. If we can't get someone as honest and willing to follow the Constitution as Paul into office this time around, honestly we deserve to lose our Republic. That's why I'm fully on board this time.

Great! Let's push this to Drudge! It would have been nice if they mentioned the moneybomb, but let's get it to Drudge regardless...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Well you know what Cicero said:

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error."

I kind of read this as:

"Any [country] can make mistakes, but only an idiot [populace] persists in [their] error."

Honestly we have willingly given up our freedoms and liberties in the pursuit of "safety" and handouts.

I'm always reminded of this when I think of the hard work of Dr. Paul:

Leaving the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, “What kind of country did you give us Mr. Franklin?” Franklin eloquently answered, “A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.”

We very clearly have not been able to keep it. If we can't get someone as honest and willing to follow the Constitution as Paul into office this time around, honestly we deserve to lose our Republic. That's why I'm fully on board this time.
    I think a lot about it in terms of a constant struggle between reason and human nature as well, because in many ways I think it's still coded into our genetics to want this strong leader taking care of us, and I think we give ourselves as a species too much credit in being able to rise above our basic nature and instincts. People need to be enlightened in order for a free society to be viable, they need to know that it is in their best interest, because when it comes right down to it I believe people will always seek the "easy way out" no matter the morality of the system, because most people really just want to live as happy and as carefree lives as possible.

State Sen. Jim Forsythe spoke on behalf of Paul.
    NICE, do we have that guy's endorsement? I imagine it would help in NH.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    NICE, do we have that guy's endorsement? I imagine it would help in NH.
    He is Ron Paul's NH campaign chairman.

So 45% of the active young republicans in New Hampshire have a serious libertarian bent. That bodes well for a lot more than just RP's campaign. Great news!
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Ron win's straw poll with 45% of the vote? A good day.

Perry ties with McCotter?

Priceless.....

wmur coverage: http://www.wmur.com/r/28926904/detail.html

I posted this over at free republic, even though I'm close to getting banned there. The moderators now review every single one of my posts. They don't do that for most established members, but they can't have a Ron Paul supporter speak the truth on something. I'm sure my thread probably won't get posted, and they'll likely ban me sooner or later. But I could care less. The people over there are just disgusting and hateful. They simply won't tolerate anybody who deviates from the neo-conservative line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast