Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Admin to grab guns from 4.2 mil using Social Security

Obama Admin to grab guns from 4.2 mil using Social Security

Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...m-owning-guns/

The Obama administration wants to keep people collecting Social Security benefits from owning guns if it is determined they are unable to manage their own affairs, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The push, which could potentially affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others, is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws that prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the United States illegally, and others, according to the paper.

The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease” – which could potentially affect a large group within Social Security, the LA Times reported.

If Social Security, which has never taken part in the background check system, uses the same standard as the Department of Veterans Affairs – which is the idea floated – then millions of beneficiaries could be affected, with about 4.2 million adults receiving monthly benefits that are managed by “representative payees.”

The latest move is part of the efforts by President Obama to strengthen gun control following the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012.

Critics are blasting the plan, saying that expanding the list of people who cannot own guns based on financial competence is wrongheaded.

The ban, they argue, would keep guns out of the hands of some dangerous people, but would also include people who simply have a bad memory or have a hard time balancing a checkbook.

The background check for gun ownership started in 1993 by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, named after White House Press Secretary James Brady, who was partially paralyzed after being shot in the 1981 assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan.

Gun stores are required to run the names of potential buyers through a computerized system before every sale.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...m-owning-guns/

The Obama administration wants to keep people collecting Social Security benefits from owning guns if it is determined they are unable to manage their own affairs, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The push, which could potentially affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others, is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws that prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the United States illegally, and others, according to the paper.

The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease” – which could potentially affect a large group within Social Security, the LA Times reported.

If Social Security, which has never taken part in the background check system, uses the same standard as the Department of Veterans Affairs – which is the idea floated – then millions of beneficiaries could be affected, with about 4.2 million adults receiving monthly benefits that are managed by “representative payees.”

The latest move is part of the efforts by President Obama to strengthen gun control following the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012.

Critics are blasting the plan, saying that expanding the list of people who cannot own guns based on financial competence is wrongheaded.

The ban, they argue, would keep guns out of the hands of some dangerous people, but would also include people who simply have a bad memory or have a hard time balancing a checkbook.

The background check for gun ownership started in 1993 by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, named after White House Press Secretary James Brady, who was partially paralyzed after being shot in the 1981 assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan.

Gun stores are required to run the names of potential buyers through a computerized system before every sale.
    I have been reading about this. Another "keep us safe" measure by government guaranteed to be abused.
    "The Patriarch"

Yep, us armed geezers are HUGE criminal gun use threats. Just check the national crime stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Yep, us armed geezers are HUGE criminal gun use threats. Just check the national crime stats.

He is only taking them from old farts, its for their children .
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Not if Obama has his way.
    "The Patriarch"

Hidden secret Bill of Rights sub clause: Amendment 2 does not apply to folks over 65.

See how the lie of SS being a voluntary thing turned into a control measure?

People were told it would never be used as identification either. They keep on telling us lies and people keep on trusting them. SMDH.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-19-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whole lot of veterans in that group.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Does Social Security have SWAT teams like every other govt agency , dept of ed. etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Whole lot of veterans in that group.
    And most of them are still totally comfortable with what they did.
    A lot of them went overseas and burned down people's homes and shot their breadwinners, just because the US Government told them to.

I don't see that lot rising up over this.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Hidden secret Bill of Rights sub clause: Amendment 2 does not apply to folks over 65.
    Being part of the "militia" was until the age of 45 I think. (Just using liberal logic).
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease” [...]
    A club "restricts" membership to people who are he-man woman-haters. What kind of people are in that club?

If your job is to competently inform people about things like "the language of federal gun laws," then it would behoove you to be able to use "the language of English" competently ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Being part of the "militia" was until the age of 45 I think. (Just using liberal logic).
    I think the current state Constitution where I am says everyone over 17.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think the current state Constitution where I am says everyone over 17.
    Even Injuns?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Even Injuns?
    I think it only exempts objectors .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even Injuns?
    I doubt they know there are any left , most were asked to leave prior to the 1840's ,probably half never did. We came here from further East after the Revolution. It was swampy here then and it was deemed undesirable by settlers.The other tribes that were still here were happy to have us .Then , the Great Earthquake drained much of the waters to the South .Are you familiar with the Great Earthquake ? Then , the land became more desirable.

This is why I hope people (who are financially able) try to have more weapons than needed. I am most proud of the fact (which a lot of people have seen me say numerous times here) that I have enough "combat designed" weapons to arm an entire platoon with rifles and sidearms.

Before someone wants to rep me for the above though, I can't take credit for that mindset. It was a few years ago. and a member here was showing his AR collection, and stated his goal was to be able to arm friends and family should the need arise. He then went onto explain that contrary to popular belief, you didn't need these huge numbers to be effective in that possibility, just company size. I thought about it, and realized how right he is. Which is why I try to rep him every chance I get...lol.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Obama Admin to grab guns from 4.2 mil using Social Security

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...-and-bear-arms

As the L.A. Times reported on July 18, the Social Security Administration (SSA) is currently developing a program to strip the Second Amendment Rights of over four million Americans currently receiving SSA benefits through a “representative payee.” Not only would this amount to the largest gun grab in American history, but according to the published report, would take place without any due process protections for recipients, amounting to a nullification of Second Amendment rights for millions of Americans who don’t pose a threat to themselves or anyone else.

This new program appears to have been instigated by the SSA in response to a memorandum issued by Obama in January of 2013 which directed all federal agency executives to “improve the availability of records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).” This memorandum required all agency heads to submit to the Department of Justice (DOJ) a plan for “sharing all relevant Federal records” for submission to the NICS.

Evidently, Obama’s SSA bureaucrats read “all relevant Federal records” to mean all Social Security recipients who have a “representative payee” assigned to their accounts to help them manage their payments and receipts. Obviously, many individuals swept up in this egregious case of bureaucratic over-reach would not otherwise be prohibited from owning, possessing, or acquiring firearms under federal law.

The federal prohibitions against acquiring or possessing firearms apply to those “adjudicated as a mental defective,” among others. The term “adjudication,” however, refers to a determination made after a judicial-type process that includes various due process protections. In no case does the federal law describe or contemplate the type of prohibition by bureaucratic fiat exercised by the SSA in developing its guidelines for those with “representative payees” assigned to their accounts.
    Here they come!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Not quite yet there, Bucko. Oklahama says I'm still OK for both concealed and/or open carry.

"Oh just register your guns, what's the worst that could happen?"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: undocumented.

"IF the government cannot trust the people with guns, can the people trust the government?"

"Governments prefer unarmed peasants."

"Politicians love disarmed peasants."
    //

Obama was supposedly going to take everybody's guns the minute he took office. Thousands went on buying sprees to stock up while they still could. Still waiting for him to take them all away after six years.

take my guns at 65?....

$#@! that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Obama was supposedly going to take everybody's guns the minute he took office. Thousands went on buying sprees to stock up while they still could. Still waiting for him to take them all away after six years.
    He has tried almost every year he has been in office, he's inept.

I thought he was the Almighty and All Powerful Obama who can do whatever he wants despite whatever the Constitution says. Now he is just inept and can't do anything?

(of course if he is inept on this subject it would still not be something to worry about).

Examples of gun seizures?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-21-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Thanks , I will pass .

I thought he was the Almighty and All Powerful Obama who can do whatever he wants despite whatever the Constitution says. Now he is just inept and can't do anything?

(of course if he is inept on this subject it would still not be something to worry about).

Examples of gun seizures?
    You love Obama, we get it already.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yes. I want to have babies with him.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-22-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Yes. I want to have babies with him.

Pretty bad deflection.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast