Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Win Iowa! "Oath" Ad Chip-In

Help Win Iowa! "Oath" Ad Chip-In

We are trying to raise money to run RPF member dusman's "Oath" ad in an outstanding Iowa news weekly, Iowa Farmer Today.

Here is the incredibly powerful ad we are hoping to run:

Here is a link to the website for the weekly magazine where we will be running the ad:
    http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/

H
    ere is the email I received from the Iowa Farmer Today advertising salesman:

Thanks for your inquiry. Iowa Farmer Today (IFT) is Iowa’s best-read farm publication. In fact we are the second largest newspaper serving Iowans. IFT reaches over 90% of Iowa’s farmers every week with our tabloid-sized newspaper. We do deliver all copies via US Postal Service, Periodical Class. Over 70,000 copies are mailed weekly. Each recipient has requested to receive the publication and provided us with written evidence of their farming operation. I personally have experience helping political campaigns, as I have run advertising in past years for Senator Grassley, Congressman Latham, Greg Ganske and many others.

A full page (9.75” wide x 10” tall) 4/color political ad costs $3517.50 per insertion. That works out to roughly 5 cents per farm household reached. You can learn much more about our publication from our online media kit. There we have a circulation map, rate card, readership survey, online rates and more. That information is available to you at:
    http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/site/advertise/.

Political ads receive our lowest published advertising rate, which is the Rural Living rate on our Display Ad rate sheet. Our online inventory is limited, so if you are interested in those ad positions please contact me again soon. We do require pre-payment for all political advertising.

I look forward to working with you and would be glad to answer any questions about Iowa Farmer Today. We publish Missouri Farmer Today as well and are part of an ag publications group called Lee Agri Media. You can learn more about advertising opportunities for those entities at: http://www.missourifarmertoday.com/site/advertise/ and http://www.leeagrimedia.com/.

Please reply or call with any questions,

And here is the link to Chip In to help get this ad into the hands of 70,000 Iowa farm HOUSEHOLDS (so, probably about 120,000 potential voters):
    http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-a...today-magazine

We are trying to raise $3,517.50 for a full page, statewide ad. The sooner we get to $3,517.50 the sooner the ad runs. Deadlines are 10 days prior to that week's issue, so as soon as we have the money, we'll place the ad. Please contribute!

This is 5 cents per Iowa farm HOUSEHOLD. This demographic certainly includes a very high number of '08 Huckabee voters who are looking for a reason to support a candidate in this year's caucus. Let's tell them how incredibly much support Dr. Paul gets from the military and get them to support the Champion of the Constitution!

Chip In (again):
    http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

Running Update: C
    hip In 100% filled! Thank You to all of you guys for your generous donations! Will post final version of ad later this week, and then upload pics of the actual ad when it comes out in the magazine next weekend (Should be Dec 4th). Awesome, awesome work everyone.
    Last edited by IDefendThePlatform; 11-21-2011 at 06:50 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Please post your receipts so you can be properly +repped! Thank you to our first donor of $50!

ChipIn Event Title: Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
    ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup
    Transaction ID: 78d6f4a70afb4b19
    Contribution Amount: $10.00
    Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:18 AM UTC

Thank you again for setting this up.

ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com)
    Transaction ID: a7cc84f14a459835
    Contribution Amount: $20.00
    Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:52 AM UTC

This is an effort seriously worth getting behind. As you may have noticed the campaign is trying to soften Ron's perceived negatives. I think this would be another great way to do that. Do you think the pie chart should include all the FEC Quarters? Maybe "VISIT RONPAUL2012.COM" should be bigger? I have a feeling Obama being on there with 28% will discredit this in the minds of Iowan conservatives...

With the campaign running their tv and radio ads in Iowa now and probably mailers, we need to get this out there before the November polls come out for Iowa.
    Last edited by Liber Team; 11-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liber Team View Post
    This is an effort seriously worth getting behind. As you may have noticed the campaign is trying to soften Ron's perceived negatives. I think this would be another great way to do that. Do you think the pie chart should include all the FEC Quarters? Maybe "VISIT RONPAUL2012.COM" should be bigger? I have a feeling Obama being on there with 28% will discredit this in the minds of Iowan conservatives...

With the campaign running their tv and radio ads in Iowa now and probably mailers, we need to get this out there before the November polls come out for Iowa.
    I think having Obama in there is good, he is the Commander in Chief and Ron still gets more than him. Besides I think it reaffirms the thought that it will take Ron to beat Obama.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    our contribution to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com )
    Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
    Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 5:11 AM UTC

It's been pointed out to me that I should probably mention that dusman is working on a final final version of the ad, that I think is going to have the graph with just Dr. Paul vs the other GOPers. I know a lot of us have gone back and forth on that, but I thought that was at least something of a plurality of opinion, if not a complete consensus.

At any rate, I hope any minor tweaks in the ad won't deter anyone from donating. I think we all agree it's an extremely powerful ad and one that will help us immensely, especially with the amount of respect that most Iowa farmers generally give to our men and women in uniform.

Thank you to all our donors so far!

I really like it with Obama, I think it shows him trouncing him into the dust, so to speak, which is a good thing.

I liked the old graph better personally, but whatever.

I think first priority today is the moneybomb, but there are those who have maxed out or may just want to add also to this project. (Like me)

Your contribution to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine has been processed via PayPal:
    ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com)
    Transaction ID: 1456342e19e90a38
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

+rep for the idea.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com)
    Transaction ID: 0e0ca4c199f06495
    Contribution Amount: $25.00
    Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:13 PM UTC

Great idea.

Iowa is make or break, as far as I'm concerned. These are the efforts that really need to be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    It's been pointed out to me that I should probably mention that dusman is working on a final final version of the ad, that I think is going to have the graph with just Dr. Paul vs the other GOPers. I know a lot of us have gone back and forth on that, but I thought that was at least something of a plurality of opinion, if not a complete consensus.
    I was going to suggest that you add "Ron Paul" in larger lettering somewhere on the ad, like on the lower right. A lot of people who just glance at it very quickly may not see what it is about. But, that's your call, only a suggestion.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump..will donate tomorrow when I get my check

I think this is so legitimate and important that it should be put at the top of the page. The mods need to help out with this grassroots fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    I think this is so legitimate and important that it should be put at the top of the page. The mods need to help out with this grassroots fundraising.
    bump

If the op asks Josh tomorrow he might put it at the top. Mods can't. But in any event, the moneybomb is today, so tomorrow might be better. I'd sticky it, but people ignore those.

I think this needs to be a stickied post on the front page and a link on all the pages.

get this put on the front page youll get the goal in no time.

bump
    --> any updates on when the final ads will be ready for view?

Might be nitpicking, but the chart implies that Ron Paul isn't a Republican. It should say "All Other GOP Candidates". Otherwise, good work!
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 11-12-2011 at 02:19 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Might be nitpicking, but the chart implies that Ron Paul isn't a Republican. It should say "All Other GOP Candidates". Otherwise, good work!
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    agree
    co-sign

Receipt ID 9a2b74fd3979eaf0
    Paid By:
    Glen Bradley (glen@glenbradley.net)
    For:
    Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
    Method:
    PayPal (glen@glenbradley.net)
    Total:
    $25.00

Great project! Wish I could have sent more -- I'm kinda in hock and living on ramen noodles to try and fund my NC Senate campaign
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 11-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    agree
    also agree

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    bump
    --> any updates on when the final ads will be ready for view?
    I'll try to get the finals ready by tomorrow.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Bump! Can someone post this on the dailypaul, and does anyone know who runs the big Ron Paul 2012 facebook page? If they promoted it, then this could move FAST!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast